• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Croyles

All my challenges have the trophy icon crossed out meaning i cant get the reward for completing them, at least thats what I think it means, because i beat Suicide King and the game exited and said something about the newest update, even though I had already updated way before.

Know any way around this?

Leezard

All my challenges have the trophy icon crossed out meaning i cant get the reward for completing them, at least thats what I think it means, because i beat Suicide King and the game exited and said something about the newest update, even though I had already updated way before.

Know any way around this?

The trophy crossed out means you won't gain "ordinary" rewards from them, not the challenge-specific reward.

Croyles

The trophy crossed out means you won't gain "ordinary" rewards from them, not the challenge-specific reward.

Thanks! Ok so that means I had 2 separate things happening and I connected them falsely.
I do still have the problem where I get kicked out of the game as soon as I complete a challenge and it doesn't give me the reward.

Siegmeyer

Syncing worked fine numerous times yesterday, so I assumed the patch fixed it but I just tried again and lost my Vita save, annoying.

jblank83

I found the boss rush quite tame. They seemingly have less health, and hearts drop like candy during. Wish it was harder.

It depends on your setup. It can be challenging if you're high damage, low hearts. On the flip side, if you have a ton of red heart containers, the plentiful heart drops can carry you through.

red731

I found the boss rush quite tame. They seemingly have less health, and hearts drop like candy during. Wish it was harder.

I was stresful as hell, but listen...

I've killed mom's heart just now to be killed by one last sphere of death....

giphy.gif

At least I've unlocked another baby...FUCK

SerTapTap

It depends on your setup. It can be challenging if you're high damage, low hearts. On the flip side, if you have a ton of red heart containers, the plentiful heart drops can carry you through.

Thanks to the large room the health pickups can carry you through regardless of total health. Just have to kill the first few flawlessly and you should have enough to be fine. Also kill Carrion Queen ASAP because of the red poop

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Unless you have a great build going, the boss rush can get pretty scary playing on hard mode where bosses don't have guaranteed red heart drops.

marrec

Banned

There is a harder version of the Boss Rush that spawns if Mom spawns as a champion. Every boss is then a Champion version of the boss and thus has extra life.

Otherwise, ya it's actually kinda easy... mostly because of the large area you have to work with. But it's still fun as hell.

jblank83

Thanks to the large room the health pickups can carry you through regardless of total health. Just have to kill the first few flawlessly and you should have enough to be fine. Also kill Carrion Queen ASAP because of the red poop

I went in with 1 red heart container and some soul hearts, and only mild damage. No amount of red hearts on the floor can help you there when you're facing some of the high damage, spammy bosses.

SerTapTap

I went in with 1 red heart container and some soul hearts, and only mild damage. No amount of red hearts on the floor can help you there when you're facing some of the high damage, spammy bosses.

1 red heart will be rough since you waste half the full hearts, but shouldn't basically everything only do a half heart since it's before the Womb? If I'm THAT low on health I just don't bother though, it's optional and the items aren't usually worth risking the run if I'm not 90% sure I'll win

SamVimes

If it's the one I'm thinking of (
no self-damage from bombs/normal heart healing on explosions
) then, yeah, it's pretty good.

It actually makes Bob's Brain not completely suck as well, so that's cool.

It does something else as well.
Mom and Satan can't damage you with their feet so there's literally nothing that can hurt you in the last Satan phase

jblank83

1 red heart will be rough since you waste half the full hearts, but shouldn't basically everything only do a half heart since it's before the Womb? If I'm THAT low on health I just don't bother though, it's optional and the items aren't usually worth risking the run if I'm not 90% sure I'll win

That's a good question, but I don't think everything is a half heart pre-Womb. Haunt will do a full heart of damage on the first floor if he hits you with his body, for instance. Pretty sure brimstone shots are also a full heart. Same for explosive damage, such as Pestilence or War.

It wasn't a very good run in the first place. Figured I'd have some fun.

SerTapTap

When I get the message that something has appeared in the basement, is it for the current level you are on or is it elsewhere?

"appeared in the basement" just means "unlocked, period". It could be an item that only shows up in specific pools (item room, boss drops, the shop, devil room and others all have their own pools). It just means it'll show up in the future, it's not on the current map.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
When I get the message that something has appeared in the basement, is it for the current level you are on or is it elsewhere?

I think it signifies that Another item has appeared in the overall RNG pool and that it spawns in the actual Basement level, iirc. Don't quote me on this tho :p

Ferrio

Banned
That's a good question, but I don't think everything is a half heart pre-Womb. Haunt will do a full heart of damage on the first floor if he hits you with his body, for instance. Pretty sure brimstone shots are also a full heart. Same for explosive damage, such as Pestilence or War.

It wasn't a very good run in the first place. Figured I'd have some fun.

Champions do full heart.

Kyou

I beat the solar system challenge SOMEHOW after making a huge mistake.

Me: Hey a dice room, I bet I can reroll and actually be able to shoot! I'll show you game!
*rerolls*
*loses flies*
*still unable to shoot*

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just killed moms heart and a devil room spawned. I went down to the next level and died pretty quickly. Will this mean I'm going to miss an ending because I didn't go for the end chest?

BouncyFrag

It just means you unlocked it, not that it literally appeared.
Thanks for the responses. I just had my first afternoon with the game trying to learn the ropes. The game clicked with me when I realized it was a fun, addictive loot game with insane powers and enemies. I bounce, grinning in my seat when I find a secret room.

Facism

Went into the Satan fight with 1 heart and Brimstone (first time it's shown up for me in 16 hours).

I won. Jeysus.

hbkdx12

I just killed moms heart and a devil room spawned. I went down to the next level and died pretty quickly. Will this mean I'm going to miss an ending because I didn't go for the end chest?

Yeah, Endings only count when you
open the final chest at the end of the last boss fight for that run

Wrong, if you die like in sheol or cathedral, you still get the achievement and ending you're supposed to get by beating mom's heart! Check the ending list, you'll see a new one

SerTapTap

I don't think that's true. I've unlocked items and gotten endings for them and I ALWAYS skip the first chest. Though endings seem to be bugged on PS4 now, I always go straight to credits when trying to view them from the Stats screen.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
By continuing past the heart and dying the only thing you miss is seeing the ending immediately after the death. You still unlock everything and if you go to the ending list you can watch the one you unlocked.

Top Bottom