• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Puru

Even with my own little army, and the help of Mom, I still couldn't take out this ugly thing this time.

Upon retrospect, I probably should have used my Dead Sea Scrolls.

I remember Gurdy was the boss that destroyed me constantly when i started playing the original game.
Now she's just a bullet sponge.

I love how they ended up throwing her everywhere in various form, probably the mob i like the most in this game thanks to my past trauma and numerous defeats.

dfe17ecbf863c4bdb6a47615a128dee7.png

This run is what dreams are made of. Sacred heart, mark, pact, double shot, relic shield, proptosis. Holy moly. I couldn't cheat engine myself something better.

Here's video of this run starting from the boss rush room.

theytookourjobz

Vita update is live, downloading 344MB atm. Hopefully the sync works, been holding off playing on vita till it does.

Downloading now. Haven't been able to play on my Vita yet because I didn't want to risk messing with my PS4 save. Just unlocked the Polaroid today. Chest here I come!

So, uh,
Bandage Girl (who you get for collecting 3 bandage items)
is probably the best companion I've seen.

Totally helped turn my crappy run into one of my best.

SerTapTap

Finally got my first crash. Soy Milk is annoying as hell. I'm sure there's some amazing synergies with extremely specific items, but just in general holy crap.

edit: oh hey, sync is working for me too.

marrec

Banned
I always make THE WORST decisions on my
Blue Baby
runs that end up costing me big time. Like deciding to go ahead and do the Boss Rush mode. I survived just fine, but with only 4 hearts left. But I got Mitre! Yay! Then I do a Boss Challenge Room in Utero 2 before
It Lives
. :-/

Went in with 4 hearts instead of the 11 I had before going in into the challenge room. Fuuuuuck.

Gears

Just ran into a room that required a bomb to get rid of a stone surrounded by spikes blocking my way to a boss room. The room spawned a bomb, but if I screwed up with it that woulda been a sucky way to end a run

marrec

Banned
Just ran into a room that required a bomb to get rid of a stone surrounded by spikes blocking my way to a boss room. The room spawned a bomb, but if I screwed up with it that woulda been a sucky way to end a run

I've seen those rooms tons of times and it seems they always spawn a bomb.

I decided to try out Cain after reading that the Lucky Foot is supposed to be good, but then I read that it got nerfed :(

I managed to get The Ludovico Effect and Technology, and right now it seems pretty strong.

Interesting footnote, got the Jump Book with Azazel. It turns it into a dash, but slows right down near the edges of a room. So good for big rooms, but nigh useless for everything else.

FloatOn

Monstro's lung fucked me. I hate that it MAKES you charge your shot.

I had homing a bunch of damage and boomerang shots too.

Ferrio

Banned
So what is the cut off for qualifying for an angel room?

If I so happen to take some black hearts or red chests the devil just gives me for free, does that disqualify me from accepting gifts from God?

Nope, believe you have to do a deal, as in trade red/soul hearts for something.

Verder

How the hell do i get Azazel?

Been going for hours straight on normal runs but no luck.
Can you unlock characters on seeded runs?

Ozium

was playing as maggie and got to
Isaac
with a half a heart left and made it through most of the fight but died when his health bar was damn near depleted...

where's the seppuku set item

Heel

Um, is this good?

I have a feeling I wasn't supposed to
grab the giant gold chest after beating the heart in about 10 seconds. I cut myself short by not going through one of those doors, didn't I? :(

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

It's at 117 minutes now. I'm using Google DNS, which has been giving me better speed than without it.

It took me a little over an hour to download Valkyria Chronicles on Steam earlier tonight. And now it's gone up to 122 minutes for this patch.

Game is addicting as fuck, but the game hates me. The worst offender was the tim I had 7 hearts and the Bible but mistakenly grabbed a dead cat out of a Satan chest which reduced me to 1 heart instantly. Samson FTW though. 89D/5MK The game hates me, but I will plat it one day...

Ferrio

Banned
Meatboy/bandage girl achivement I'm never getting. Book of rev first item... one bandage cube, next horseman.... meatcube. SOB.

autoduelist

Vita users are you using analog sticks or dpad and face buttons?

Analog.

For the person dying to gurdy ---

He's super easy. Watch his eye. When it disappears, it means he's about to shoot. So if you're left, go bottom, if you're bottom go to his left or right, and if you're right go to the bottom. You won't be anywhere near his bullets.

If he spawns stuff, just kill that before re-focusing on him, and keep avoiding his bullets. Once you focus on his tells, it's hard to even take damage from him.

Kuroyume

Banned
There's something crazy about playing through the womb and the cathedral under the curse of darkness and practically seeing nothing. And the game tossed me under these conditions and put me in a giant room with what must have been like 30 of those sperm like things that fly across the screen and explode.

Tainted

I can understand some new Isaac players asking for tips when fighting bosses, but imo, most of the charm to the game is working out strategies on beating bosses (and just enemies in general) yourself through repetition.

The game is designed to be played..and replayed...and replayed so just by its nature, you WILL get better and breeze through most of the boss fights after time without even thinking about it.

Wow this game is so mysterious and confusing for the uninitiated.

I thought it was impossibly hard at first, then on my 3rd or 4th run I managed to reach to what seems like the last level based on the map... before I entered the final (? probably not) boss room I decided to go through a "teeth door" in a desperate attempt to find more hearts... well, let's just say that didn't end well for me.

Still not sure if it was Isaac's mom waiting on the other side of the boss door, but I agree with the sentiment that discovering this game by yourself is part of the charm.

Wow, just had an amazing run, and I die so close to the end.
Isaac killed me with about 1/7 of his health left. I didn't know how to dodge his light pillar attack, and he had a million other things going on
. That run took me like an hour...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, having both the item that makes you leave trails of sticky fluid (forget the name) and the Headless Baby (leaves a trail of blood) makes the framerate go to SHIT on the Vita.

That said, it's a super good combination.

Top Bottom