• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Ferrio

Banned
Who is the farthest along on Steam GAF? I am 115/178 on achievements, just over the half way mark.

105 at 35 hours.

Not going to platinum for sure, I don't think I have the patience to do the Lost stuff. Just way too many other games on the backburner.

SerTapTap

I'm at 90, need a lot of boss kill unlocks, will do those next as I'm too pissed to do (secret character)
The Lost
's unlock after dying one second before completing the last condition

^ I fear Maggie runs more than ??? runs. Low speed and low damage just makes me want to die

catspit

Anyone have any tips for a beginner? Played about 30 games and just die over and over... With only like 26 coins in they donation bin to show for it.

Sciz

For the Mearboy/Bandages achievement, do you just need to get Book of Revelations early with the dice?

Basically. I straight up lucked into a first floor Rev for the one I've got, but intentionally farming for it with the D6 should get you there eventually.

CassSept

Who is the farthest along on Steam GAF? I am 115/178 on achievements, just over the half way mark.

100 at 35 hours, I still have to do most of the challenges. I slowed down considerably in the second week, but I'm sure I'll eventually inch my way to Platinum God, hopefully Real Platinum God too. I just need time.

SerTapTap

Ugh I'll never pick up Soy Milk again. No matter how strong your tears are it appears to set damage to less than 1, making it's DPS garbage no matter what

Sciz

Ugh I'll never pick up Soy Milk again. No matter how strong your tears are it appears to set damage to less than 1, making it's DPS garbage no matter what

Finding a Lump of Coal turns it into a proper machine gun, and it's also fabulous at applying whatever debuffs you've got.

Ferrio

Banned

I'm curious what happens if you get soy milk first then tons of damage after it. Does it actually get damage up or is it always the shit damage.

Chronoja

Basically. I straight up lucked into a first floor Rev for the one I've got, but intentionally farming for it with the D6 should get you there eventually.

Was doing my ??? Boss rush run (hard mode), got Book of Rev on the first floor, a clear sign that this was *the* run. Mom's Knife, Relic, Stigmata from the Boss rush room itself. Onto the womb, 3 piece bandage girl sitting ready to level up into her final form....boss is Conquest *flips table*

Soy milk is fantastic on "status" builds, the rate of fire means that enemies are nearly permanently afflicted, however, since most of the statuses (fear, charm, confusion) cause the enemy to behave in bizarre or unpredictable ways the only real benefits for it are petrification from Mom's Contact or Slow from Spider bite / Ball of Tar.

Sciz

I'm curious what happens if you get soy milk first then tons of damage after it. Does it actually get damage up or is it always the shit damage.

I've never noticed it benefit any from direct damage increases, no. Cancer doesn't improve its fire rate either.

Was doing my ??? Boss rush run (hard mode), got Book of Rev on the first floor, a clear sign that this was *the* run. Mom's Knife, Relic, Stigmata from the Boss rush room itself. Onto the womb, 3 piece bandage girl sitting ready to level up into her final form....boss is Conquest *flips table*

Yeah, that happens. =/

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okay, so apparently that dice room rerolled your entire set up. Didn't know that. A few things though, 1. Fuck Guillotine 2. Taurus is amazing and 3. Thank Satan for that Mom's Knife deal. Blue Baby now has all goals achieved on normal mode.

Ferrio

Banned
Going to mexico for a week in a couple days, really wish I had a vita. Guess it doesn't matter wouldn't sync to my PC file anyways.

Okay, so apparently that dice room rerolled your entire set up. Didn't know that. A few things though, 1. Fuck Guillotine 2. Taurus is amazing and 3. Thank Satan for that Mom's Knife deal. Blue Baby now has all goals achieved on normal mode.

Each dice room does something different, can't recall them off the top my head though.

SerTapTap

AMAZING Eve run. Coal, Piercing tears, very high damage, max red hearts by the end of it, tons of buddies and BFF (Big Friend Fly is amazing, especially with BFF), Daddy's Love and some more I forget, and I was dropping pickups almost every hit too, donation machines were hilarious. I steamrolled ???, if only I got a second key piece I probably was ready for...whatever is behind that door.

Tons of great pills, PHD is still one of my fav item room items. Also got a floor rerolled thanks to the (room type spoiler?)
dice room

Apparently, the Surface Pro line are good SteamBoy substitutes.

Can confirm, just bring a controller and/or bluetooth mouse. Hell, it's practically a console/steam machine substitute if you get a cheap Displayport to HDMI adapter (SP3 here, using it now).

SerTapTap

BTW, always take a look in Challenge rooms even if you don't generally consider them worth it--I just noticed X Ray Specs in the challenge room just sitting out in the open, instead of those chests I usually ignore unless I'm OP

Ferrio

Banned
BTW, always take a look in Challenge rooms even if you don't generally consider them worth it--I just noticed X Ray Specs in the challenge room just sitting out in the open, instead of those chests I usually ignore unless I'm OP

I ignore them unless it's 3 red chests or an item.

jblank83

I've found a possibly higher than average number of items from chests in challenge rooms.

I could be wrong, though. Anyways, I usually do them if there are 2 or 3 chests, unless I'm low on health/damage.

Anustart

Bob's Brain is what carried me through that one.

I can't get anything rolling on this one. Mom's wig does nothing if you can't shoot. Was hoping it would still work as long as fire was held down. For devil deals I consistently get guppy's hair ball :/

Top Bottom