• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

I can't get anything rolling on this one. Mom's wig does nothing if you can't shoot. Was hoping it would still work as long as fire was held down. For devil deals I consistently get guppy's hair ball :/

If you take an item you'll get other items...but...I'm sure you can't get Brimstone or anything very good anyway. Maybe The Nail if you're lucky (or are DD/item room/etc rooms fixed in challenges?)

Durden77

Y7kJBgFh.jpg

Sooo is this an impossible room or what?

All the spikes raise up in a rhythm except for the two you see are raised. They are permanent. I'm Eve with 9 lives with 1 heart, and everytime I touch the spikes it kills me instantly. I have no way to go over the hole in the middle or over the spikes.

The fuck?

jblank83

Y7kJBgFh.jpg

The fuck?

I posted a similar room layout not far back in the thread:

793AA8CED1040EAA575423A2F6C0E299BBE5834E

This wasn't optional, either. It was a chokepoint room on the way to the level boss. At the time I had the exact same thought as your situation, "what if I only had half a heart?"

Total BS. I hope this sort of "no win" layout is fixed in a patch.

I posted a similar room layout not far back in the thread:

793AA8CED1040EAA575423A2F6C0E299BBE5834E

This wasn't optional, either. It was a chokepoint room on the way to the level boss. At the time I had the exact same thought as your situation, "what if I only had half a heart?"

Total BS. I hope this sort of "no win" layout is fixed in a patch.

Wouldn't it be possible to dodge them by aggroing the top two to attack then running to the side quick? Not impossible to not take damage but can't say I'm a fan of the room design either.

Y7kJBgFh.jpg

All the spikes raise up in a rhythm except for the two you see are raised. They are permanent. I'm Eve with 9 lives with 1 heart, and everytime I touch the spikes it kills me instantly. I have no way to go over the hole in the middle or over the spikes.

The fuck?

That one should be removed, if you have a single heart or less it's a guaranteed loss. Just because hearts are provided for the damage you take doesn't make up for it.

Anustart

If you take an item you'll get other items...but...I'm sure you can't get Brimstone or anything very good anyway. Maybe The Nail if you're lucky (or are DD/item room/etc rooms fixed in challenges?)

Finally did it. Got nothing special either, only extra damage I got was little steven. Ugh, I'm glad I'm done with that shit.

jblank83

Wouldn't it be possible to dodge them by aggroing the top two to attack then running to the side quick? Not impossible to not take damage but can't say I'm a fan of the room design either.

There is no aggroing the top two. There is a pit at the top and bottom of the screen, with only a single square width tile at the doors to walk in and out of. They just sit there waiting for you to walk past them.

There is no aggroing the top two. There is a pit at the top and bottom of the screen, with only a single square width tile at the doors to walk in and out of. They just sit there waiting for you to walk past them.

Oh my mistake I thought there was two squares of space at the top, then yeah that's just... bad as well.

Ferrio

Banned

The fuck?

Yep that room and the 4 gravity wells room needs to be removed. Both can cause impossible win cases.

Haines

Banned
New to this game.

I play a lot of couch coop with the wifey and we have an 11 month old.

I've heard the material is kind of edgy. Is it going to offend her? Is the coop something worth even playing or is sp the way to go

Ferrio

Banned
New to this game.

I play a lot of couch coop with the wifey and we have an 11 month old.

I've heard the material is kind of edgy. Is it going to offend her? Is the coop something worth even playing or is sp the way to go

Coop isn't worth it unless you're both experts.

The game has quite a bit of disturbing imagery. Poop, gore, dead babies, lot of religious content.

Sciz

From what I've seen, the impassable spike room was already changed in one of the recent PC patches.

It's still a bitch to get through, but the damage is avoidable now.

Anustart

Beat the cursed challenge quite easily thanks to a little chad in first challenge room. But now I have a question. I didn't have the money, but there was a black candle in one of the stores. What happens if you buy it during that challenge?

AoM

I picked up the item
that randomizes your items every floor
. Got to
The Dark Room
with Epic Fetus and an emperor card and two-shotted
The Lamb
: got Dead Boy and Golden God. Thank you awesome item.

I really need to start tackling challenges to unlock those items.

UglyPony

I'm getting really annoyed at Nicalis/SCEE for completely neglecting the Vita EU update. Its been out for a week now in NA and it has yet to hit EU. PS4 version is updated, but all this time I cant work on my save on the vita when away from home because of the cross save being broken on the Vita which is fixed in the new update.

Please for the love of fuck, update Vita version already.

Anybody else having sound issues with the Vita version? It only started a couple of days ago for me, but now the game's audio will get all messed up after playing for a while. And it'll only go back to normal after I close the game entirely and then restart.

What happens is, there's no music. And the effects are all weird - for example, when I pick up a coin, it sounds like a poop gets destroyed. Stuff like that.

Anybody else having sound issues with the Vita version? It only started a couple of days ago for me, but now the game's audio will get all messed up after playing for a while. And it'll only go back to normal after I close the game entirely and then restart.

What happens is, there's no music. And the effects are all weird - for example, when I pick up a coin, it sounds like a poop gets destroyed. Stuff like that.

Yeah happens to me too sometimes. I also had a bug where sprites would get mixed up and a "gambling beggar" would always appear in front of the donation machine.
I'm getting really annoyed at Nicalis/SCEE for completely neglecting the Vita EU update. Its been out for a week now in NA and it has yet to hit EU. PS4 version is updated, but all this time I cant work on my save on the vita when away from home because of the cross save being broken on the Vita which is fixed in the new update.

Yeah same here. I guess that's what you get for buying a NIcalis game in EU. I don't really care who is responsible, this thing just shouldn't happen. I saw Tyrone asking Shahid for help to publish the patch in EU on twitter, so it seems there are some problems.

Yup. Considering NA got it AFAIK at the same time as PS4 I can only imagine that the EU guys entirely forgot that there are 2 versions of the damn game.

Sad thing is the save synching worked just fine before patch for me when the servers were up :(

Y7kJBgFh.jpg

The fuck?

It's been removed already in the PC version.

The gap in the middle was replaced by a a red poop, which takes skill to get around.

Ohnonono

If I have never found a devil room and have played over 100 runs is it safe to say I have found them and just don't know what they look like? I want to unlock Azazel but... ya know. Do they spawn under certain conditions?

If I have never found a devil room and have played over 100 runs is it safe to say I have found them and just don't know what they look like? I want to unlock Azazel but... ya know. Do they spawn under certain conditions?

You're guaranteed to get one on the second floor if you don't take red heart damage on the entire floor and the boss (losing soul hearts is fine). YOu'll hear a sound effect and a door opens in the boss room after you defeated the boss. After that there's a certain chance to get one but the biggest factor is always to not recieve any red heart damage,

Ohnonono

You're guaranteed to get one on the second floor if you don't take red heart damage on the entire floor and the boss (losing soul hearts is fine). YOu'll hear a sound effect and a door opens in the boss room after you defeated the boss. After that there's a certain chance to get one but the biggest factor is always to not recieve any red heart damage,

Ok cool. That seems pretty hard but I see tons of my PSN buddies unlocking him like crazy. Didn't know if there was a trick to it.

Rubius

I just did an eve run for ??? and it went okay ish.
Common Cold, Toxic Waste, Poison Touch and a couple of HP up and the Holy shield.
Got Fetus in a Jar, which was a boost, but still pretty weak. Became Guppy right after, which of course, do not work Fetus in a Jar. Got Grampus Head so that helped. Died once on Isaac from some weird thing, but I had the collar that saved me. Got a Joker card that allowed me to get Demon baby for fly generation from my familiar
Came back, killed Isaac. Did the chest and I cleared it. I ended up with Poop Bomb, Incendary Bombs, Poison Bombs, Mega Bomb and Dead Onions that made by bombs go through enemies. ??? was pretty easy I would say.

Not hyper powerful, but for a Fetus run, it was the best I could have hoped.

D18059E4C5FA3F3D8DADFC8700C175A214303C91

WITHE1982

Wow that seems like incredible bad luck. They spawn for me 60-70% of the time when I beat a boss without taking damage. I love the rooms with double devil deal as well. I unlocked Azazel after just 2 levels.

Ohnonono

Wow that seems like incredible bad luck. They spawn for me 60-70% of the time when I beat a boss without taking damage. I love the rooms with double devil deal as well. I unlocked Azazel after just 2 levels.

If I am supposed to be seeing them after I beat a boss its most likely my fault. I just grab items and jump down. Never thought to look for them.

Ohnonono

If you beat the stuff with different characters does it all add up for opening up the new areas and secrets and stuff or do you need to just use Issac for all of that?

Nothus

If I am supposed to be seeing them after I beat a boss its most likely my fault. I just grab items and jump down. Never thought to look for them.

Listen out for sound triggers after you beat each boss as well. If a devil room spawns you should hear an effect. This helps if you're on a floor with darkness.

If you beat the stuff with different characters does it all add up for opening up the new areas and secrets and stuff or do you need to just use Issac for all of that?

The numerical unlocks (e.g. beat Mom's Heart X amount of times) stack with every character used. The only character sensitive things are certain item unlocks (i.e. you have to beat basically all of the main bosses with every character at least once).

Ronik

How random are the 6 Dice Rooms? I just rerolled a mediocre run into Dr. Fetus with homing bombs and Pyromaniac, that was way too lucky to be a random combination. Granted, I was doing almost no damage, but I couldn't die.

Sarcasm

My upload is really bad right now..what can I use to record and edit videos that is easy for a new guy ?

Just use to streaming on twitch and direct upload to yt lol.

Rubius

My upload is really bad right now..what can I use to record and edit videos that is easy for a new guy ?

Just use to streaming on twitch and direct upload to yt lol.

If you want to record and send on youtube, just use Windows Movie maker. It's simple and work. Far from Good, but for simple stuff like that, it should work perfectly.

WITHE1982

Unlocking Azazel makes this game so much easier.

I just need to unlock Judas, Magdalene and ??? now after a couple of good Vita runs. Still have yet to beat moms heart though.

Loving this game so much. My lunch hour just isn't long enough anymore.

SerTapTap

96 unlocks! Almost only the boss kill stuff to go. I dread Maggie and some of the challenges the most, not to mention anything to do with (secret character)
the lost

Solar System wasn't bad, just tedious. Just have Head Trauma and Beans left now, easily my two least favorite challenges.

Wha--those are super easy compared to half of even the basic, unlocked from the start challenges

I still died to Mom's Heart though. My 'win streak' sits at -54.

Oh goodness.

Unlocking Azazel makes this game so much easier.

I just need to unlock Judas, Magdalene and ??? now after a couple of good Vita runs. Still have yet to beat moms heart though.

Loving this game so much. My lunch hour just isn't long enough anymore.

Hate to tell you but you're no where near as close to "done" as you might think

Just had an insanely strong and fun run that unlocked me Cain, Maggy and Eden.

Two words: Azazel + Ludovico. (and also Gemini, Converter, Sad Bombs, Humbleing Bundle, Contract from Below, Robo-Baby 2.0, etc.)

Celegus

Wha--those are super easy compared to half of even the basic, unlocked from the start challenges

I've only tried them once so far. I ended up with horrible drops in Head Trauma, and don't like using bombs/the bean. Did you mostly just run through rooms for the Beans challenge?

SerTapTap

Just had an insanely strong and fun run that unlocked me Cain, Maggy and Eden.

Two words: Azazel + Ludovico. (and also Gemini, Converter, Sad Bombs, Humbleing Bundle, Contract from Below, Robo-Baby 2.0, etc.)

I'm jealous of people finding crap like this. I was Guppy for the very first time last night and was so hilariously OP and late in the run I didn't even get to see almost any flies spawned (I had the Knife too). I've gotten very few of the crazy combos people mention in here, though I've still had some crazy runs. It's amazing how many crazygood combos there are this time around.

Dr. Fetus SUCKS though, holy crap. It's fun to open doors but it's almost impossible to kill anything past The Womb with the awful damage it deals, not to mention how horrifically unsafe it is if you try to use more than one bomb on screen at a time to stack damage.

I've only tried them once so far. I ended up with horrible drops in Head Trauma, and don't like using bombs/the bean. Did you mostly just run through rooms for the Beans challenge?

Head Trauma is annoying but most bosses aren't too hard with it. The worst part of my run was waiting like a full minute or two in one impossible room for the failsafe to kick in (if you can't kill enemies the doors eventually open). Normal enemies are more annoying to kill than bosses (with a few highly mobile exceptions like Horsemen) due to their predictable patterns and large hitboxes. RIP if you get Gurdy Jr though.

The poop bombs damage all enemies on screen, so Beans is not really that hard. Though in almost all challenges I rush to the boss because there's no item rooms anyway. I didn't bomb doors for the most part, though I'm sure it's a fairly valid strategy. I did always go for secret/supersecret rooms though. I only lost that one because I immediately got a "bombs are key" pill in my first run.

Celegus

The poop bombs damage all enemies on screen, so Beans is not really that hard. Though in almost all challenges I rush to the boss because there's no item rooms anyway. I didn't bomb doors for the most part, though I'm sure it's a fairly valid strategy. I did always go for secret/supersecret rooms though. I only lost that one because I immediately got a "bombs are key" pill in my first run.

Didn't know that, cool!

SerTapTap

Didn't know that, cool!

Yeah it's a pretty nice effect--it also stuns them, making it easier to place a bomb right next to more annoying/higher health foes. I usually drop one bomb at the start of a room, then use a targeted bomb on any high-HP survivors, then use The Bean to clear up any single stragglers.

I think that one ends at Mom's Foot so it's over before you know it

Top Bottom