• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

B6D_nASIUAEn8TE.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No 13 year old should be handling firearms.

Yes, i'm old skool, sue me.

Geez.

With proper supervision I still feel educating kids on how firearms are used and how dangerous they are is important. I grew up around them and it was drilled into my head a few very important rules that you never EVER violate in the name of safety. If you walk with a gun, always point it at the ground. Never in the air. NEVER point it at someone else. Always be safety checking. Always keep your finger OFF the trigger until it is time to fire. Keep it unloaded and assume it's loaded.

I know everyone's different, and that's fine, but learning these things from a responsible person that can convey the gravity of the death machine you're carrying has kept me safer.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I guess i'm using my life experience as an example. I didn't fire anything till I was 16.

13 year old me was not mature enough mentally or physically to be around guns. My dad has a shotgun. We knew that much. We never knew where he kept it, and he was one of only 2 people with the key.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess i'm using my life experience as an example. I didn't fire anything till I was 16.

13 year old me was not mature enough mentally or physically to be around guns. My dad has a shotgun. We knew that much. We never knew where he kept it, and he was one of only 2 people with the key.

For sure. Everyone's got a different situation and whatever situation that kept you safe kept you safe? Then that's good. I grew up in an environment that focused on hunting game, so guns were always around. It was always, every time, used as a tool to get food - nothing more. Sure we all (kids) knew you could kill people with it but that wasn't what guns were FOR in our upbringing.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, now I see what you're referring to, I didn't see the thread. Fuck THAT. No. Absolutely not. That fetishizes firearms in the worst way. It's one thing to enjoy it as a grown-ass adult, it's another to get a kid into high powered automatic assault weapons and kids will crave more of it and throw consequence (not all of them though) into the wind. Absolutely no.

No 13 year old should be handling firearms.

Yes, i'm old skool, sue me.

Geez.

Of course she's Nigerian. I'll hand our ladies one thing. They are entrepreneurial as hell.

Agreed. If you're not old enough to drive, get married, smoke or drink, how can you be old enough to operate a lethal weapon?

Allergies to certain medication just brings out the most horrible alternatives.....

FML

I know that feeling. I'm allergic to amoxacillin so this one time I had to get treated for an STI (long story, no i wasn't putting my dick places it shouldn't be) I couldn't get the usual treatment so I had to get a shot in the butt.

Butt shots aren't really as painful as people make them out to be though.

I know that feeling. I'm allergic to amoxacillin so this one time I had to get treated for an STI (long story, no i wasn't putting my dick places it shouldn't be) I couldn't get the usual treatment so I had to get a shot in the butt.

Is that too obvious a double entendre?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I get one every week in my ass, testosterone injection. I remember them asking "Are you ok with this, does it hurt?" and I said something to the effect of "Nah, I can take a lot more...wait I mean...I...fuck"

They don't hurt at all, really. Maybe I'm used to it. The key is to NOT clench any muscles at all or it'll hurt like a shit.

AfroMW

ain't eem gonna ask what the alternative is

I'm allergic to Penicillin, so most general medication cannot be provided to me.

The last alternatives I've had was a syrup that left me in a perpetual drunk state so it was basically legally approved lean

This one now is a set of pills that not only taste horrible but overpower the taste of literally anything

Village

They probably will tbh, she's too popular not to capitalise on. I just wish they wouldn't have to fuck the Spider-verse even further to do it. But it's Marvel, it's what they do.

Yeah!

Marvel recently been on fire with character designs with spider characters.

Now Capcom get your paper up so I can play as her in marvel 4.

Yeah!

Marvel recently been on fire with character designs with spider characters.

Now Capcom get your paper up so I can play as her in marvel 4.

Please tell me you're not talking about the Spider-Woman revamp... It's better than the old one but that's a very low bar.

Also sunglasses as a disguise is awful.

Please tell me you're not talking about the Spider-Woman revamp... It's better than the old one but that's a very low bar.

Also sunglasses as a disguise is awful.

Sunglasses cover up a lot of really important parts of the face, especially with women where they can be bigger on average. Hell, in Young Justice, Robin covers his face with sunglasses and they actually take up more of his face than his actual mask thing.

Sunglasses cover up a lot of really important parts of the face, especially with women where they can be bigger on average. Hell, in Young Justice, Robin covers his face with sunglasses and they actually take up more of his face than his actual mask thing.

No. Sunglasses, domino masks etc. All dumb. That was the one thing that annoyed me in Young Justice.

Village

Why not both?
Because neither is happening.

Eh, Mahvel I can see , just not now. The issue is capcom isn't doing well with money, and it wouldn't beneficial at the momento to hold that license right now. They need to get their money up. Like if capcom doesn't explode years, years from now maybe.

Ultimate alliance, I don't think that's happening anymore.

Malyse

i didn't even think of any kind of racial connotations about the word 'igloo' until it was pointed out to me... i just thought it was a witty alternative to iggy... is this what it's like to be white?

If I were in the mood for white people getting pissed, I'd have pointed out how racism isn't a thing that effects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom