• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Why do people care so much about iggy?
Defending your mistress?
iggy-azalea-horse-riding.jpg

hypernima

Banned

Lmao, whats your tumblr Roy?

Of course she's Nigerian. I'll hand our ladies one thing. They are entrepreneurial as hell.

Yea man our women don't play. Esco I dunno if you Igbo or not but for centuries now Iyalodes have been running a lot of shit, I read about it like a year ago, wish I could find the book.

andthebeatgoeson

Cross posting from wrasslegaf

I went to see Top Five tonight (AKA FAVE FIVE). I went in with zero knowledge of the movie or that Chris Rock even had a movie out. I've seen absolutely zero advertising for it even in the theater. And you know what? It's really good. Definitely in my Fave Five of the year. It's like...imagine a Woody Allen movie through the eyes of Chris Rock, but without the pretentiousness and young girl stuff. It's genuinely funny, but not in a punch line punch line punch line kind of way. Has genuinely heart felt moments. A handful of sad and dark moments. I enjoyed the shit out of it. The last few minutes is in a strip club with

Rock's character, Adam Sandler, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jerry Seinfeld as themselves. Jerry makes it rain, accuses a stripper of stealing something and hiding it in her pussy in such a Jerry Seinfeld way, and putting ICE MOTHER FUCKING CUBE on his top five list. I can't tell you how happy it made me that Jerry was the one to put Ice Cube on his list. Ice Cube 4LYFE.

What was really weird to me was that despite this definitely being a "black" movie (although to be enjoyed by everyone, possibly a bit enlightening for some white people even), all the previews were for the same generic shit that you see in front of Night at the Museum and The Gambler. Seems like it'd be shitty to be black, going to a movie staring, written, and directed by a black man, with the cast being 95% black, and then have all the previews for upcoming movies be nothing but white people.

Definitely recommend this movie. If it is in your area, you should probably go see it soon because I can't imagine it will be in theaters very long. It might be the best thing Chris Rock has ever done.

It was really good and I would recommend it. But I've got a thing for Rosario ever since He Got Game. And Hollywood has pretty much made her the defacto black wife, so I will accept their offering. But I think the promotion was not that great but they only put 20 million into it. I'm glad Chris made some money on that movie.

Although, my perception might be skewed. I'm rooting for black movies. Even enjoyed Annie.

i didn't even think of any kind of racial connotations about the word 'igloo' until it was pointed out to me... i just thought it was a witty alternative to iggy... is this what it's like to be white?
I thought it was implicit. I know if Iggy called him J Coal, I would be heated. Didn't Azalea Banks start that shit? I wouldn't try and copy her right now. She has legitimate gripes, just the wrong messenger.

Igloo will just be a reason for them to shout back. Igloo is basically a depressed nut job from Maryland coming to NY to see a few cops. Iggy gives enough reason by her work to shout her down. Not even bringing up her Twitter fuckery. I need to watch that video for TIs reaction.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
As long as it doesn't involve animals, children or the non-consenting I don't think it is anyone's business what your sexual identity/gender, preference, or kinks are. You do you. That being said I also never knew transethnic was even a thing until just now.
I had no idea that was even a thing, but just found this commentary on it.
Just read this and now I'm thinking transethnic seems like an excuse to disown/remain ignorant of white privilege.

I had no idea that was even a thing, but just found this commentary on it.

Hey man, K-On fans have it rough too. Imagine watching animu and listening to really bad JPop and coming to the realization you think you were suppose to be Japanese but you're stuck in a white person's body. Imagine hearing someone pronounce "Naruto" incorrectly, imagine someone using chopsticks incorrectly. Transethnic folks are struggling for proper recognition. You don't understand Japanese culture like they do, they watched all of K-On!

You talk too much about race.

Such a thing isn't possible.

strobogo

Banned
I know that feeling. I'm allergic to amoxacillin so this one time I had to get treated for an STI (long story, no i wasn't putting my dick places it shouldn't be) I couldn't get the usual treatment so I had to get a shot in the butt.

Butt shots aren't really as painful as people make them out to be though.

After never being allergic to anything besides cats in my life, I found out amoxacillin wasn't for me when I had strep throat and woke up covered head to toe in hives like I had been stung by a few thousand bees.

It was really good and I would recommend it. But I've got a thing for Rosario ever since He Got Game. And Hollywood has pretty much made her the defacto black wife, so I will accept their offering. But I think the promotion was not that great but they only put 20 million into it. I'm glad Chris made some money on that movie.

Although, my perception might be skewed. I'm rooting for black movies. Even enjoyed Annie.

I thought it was implicit. I know if Iggy called him J Coal, I would be heated. Didn't Azalea Banks start that shit? I wouldn't try and copy her right now. She has legitimate gripes, just the wrong messenger.

Igloo will just be a reason for them to shout back. Igloo is basically a depressed nut job from Maryland coming to NY to see a few cops. Iggy gives enough reason by her work to shout her down. Not even bringing up her Twitter fuckery. I need to watch that video for TIs reaction.

Fuck Annie. I can't support that shit no matter who is in it. No amount of convincing is going to get me to that or Into the Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom