• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire post is solid although I might trade Pryor for either Eddie or Mooney.

I wrestled between Eddie and Pryor TBH. But ended up putting Pryor on the list because of his influence on Chappelle and Rock. Can't go wrong with either though, haven't watched enough of Mooney's stuff to add him.

I still can't believe how hype I was over Icon when it was announced. Had me telling EVERYBODY about that game, even customers I was working with. Then it came out, and I'm playing it and my face goes from
WzbKI.png
-->
52kIF.png
-->
AM71U.png
in the span of an hour or two.

Man I remember watching Kudo Tsunoda do a walkthrough of the game and was like "Man fuck this dude! Fuck his entire career!" Then I thought "well maybe it's actually dope as fuck and I'm just complaining for no reason". Got the demo....Man fuck this dude and his entire career tho! Then this motherfucker failed UPWARD and became a key member of the whole Kinect shit. Wut!?

Ugh

Trey

How and why the hell did they stretch out a small book like the Hobbit into 3 films that will probably amount to a 9 hour runtime all told?

Malyse

How and why the hell did they stretch out a small book like the Hobbit into 3 films that will probably amount to a 9 hour runtime all told?
Silmarillion

----

Shout out to innocuous Google searches that go all kinds of NSFW. Don't google image search chaos spiral. I don't know why that happened.

My roommate got me out here with him in the rain waiting on the tow truck for his car... Smh

Update 1 - this tow truck driver had the nerve to tell us HE got a flat... Smh x 2

Top 5:

Monster
Mushishi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (Samuai X: Trust & Betrayal)
One Piece

Honorable Mentions:

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms)
Planetes
Hajime no Ippo
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hunter x Hunter (original + OVAs or 2011)
Hikaru no Go
Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex + 2nd GiG
Natsume's Book of Friends
Assorted Ghibli movies (Laputa, Nausicaa, Grave, Mononoke, Spirited, etc.)

I, too, enjoyed the over-the-top gore. If only the rest of it weren't so cringe-worthy. :(
Man everyone reminding me of stuff from highschool with this azumanga pull

Trey

I'm reading through the Bible because why not, it's light reading; and it's crazy how Bugs Bunny calling Elmer Fudd a Nimrod facetiously caused the word to take on a negative connotation.

I thought nimrod meant 'an idiot' for the longest time.

Naw that ain't even it.

How do you defend/bash Type-0 and then turn around and bash/defend XIII-2? I can't even.

Type 0 is clunky as hell. XIII-2 isn't. Type 0 didn't make me give a single fuck about anyone or anything in it. XIII-2 did. Biggest reason is hype backlash though. Hell, I had more fun playing Crisis Core.

jWILL253

Banned
It seems like everyone in this thread is a fan of at least one thing whose story, franchise, or overall development has been stuck in a vegetative state for years.

Mortemis

Banned
XIII and 2 were alright, I'd say 2 was just more fun all around of the two, disregarding how stupid it made you feel sometimes. Is Type-0 really all that clunky? Looks okay to me, at least the HD vids I've seen, but I've heard this before so I'm not surprised.

Been playing KH2FM and the optional bosses are so damn fun.

Malyse

About what

Games get made

What you think KH is megaman or some shit?
Unless it says III, it doesn't count, you know?
XIII and 2 were alright, I'd say 2 was just more fun all around of the two, disregarding how stupid it made you feel sometimes. Is Type-0 really all that clunky? Looks okay to me, at least the HD vids I've seen, but I've heard this before so I'm not surprised.

Armor beat that ass yet?

Playing it on the Vita just felt like a chore, so I didn't finish it. One day, I probably will but it'll take a long time.

The 13 sequels were each better than their predecessor. Lightning Returns combat combined with the Last Ones made it probably the only RPG besides Souls where I looked forward to every fight, even the trash mobs.

------

DreamDrop, if I love Birth By Sleep but hate Kingdom Hearts 1 would I enjoy Kingdom Hearts 2? It's the only one I've never played.

Type 0 doesn't have camera control because it's a PSP game (people tend to forget that). Clunky would be an understatement. But I think the world, characters and story/conflict are worth exploring.

I find the opposite to be true with FFXIII (not even sure why they're being compared one is a PSP game the other is a big budget PS3 game). FFXIII-2 has better combat, but the characters, world and story are wack as fuck so I end up tuning out quickly.

To me the best combat belonged to FFXII though. One of the few jRPGs in which I looked forward to combat.

jWILL253

Banned
Oh, so y'all count the handheld retreads? I get it, but niggas out here want dat III, but all we've been getting is handheld B-level games and a couple remasters. If I want a Lamborghini Aventador, I'm not settling for a fucking Ford.

---

I cannot believe there was a legit debate in the last thread about whether or not a Marvel hero could take on a Titan. Spiderman would just God-Mode these niggas. These things are Yung Berg of monsters.

Malyse

Playing it on the Vita just felt like a chore, so I didn't finish it. One day, I probably will but it'll take a long time.

The 13 sequels were each better than their predecessor. Lightning Returns combat combined with the Last Ones made it probably the only RPG besides Souls where I looked forward to every fight, even the trash mobs.

------

DreamDrop, if I love Birth By Sleep but hate Kingdom Hearts 1 would I enjoy Kingdom Hearts 2? It's the only one I've never played.

Need more information. What did you like about BBS? Why did you hate KH1?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Cat

I liked FF13 because I liked Fang so much, and it was okay. I'd rank it lower in the overall mainline games. I enjoyed playing FF13-2 but hated how it ended so much, made the whole endeavor feel like such a gigantic waste, enough to never bother with FF13-3.

Need more information. What did you like about BBS? Why did you hate KH1?

1. I dislike Sora.
2. Fucking Gummi Ships.
3. Combat felt... off

Birth by Sleep felt more fluid to play and gripped me from the outset. Plus the command board was great.

I liked FF13 because I liked Fang so much, and it was okay. I'd rank it lower in the overall mainline games. I enjoyed playing FF13-2 but hated how it ended so much, made the whole endeavor feel like such a gigantic waste, enough to never bother with FF13-3.

I'd recommend everyone at least give Lightning Returns a chance, the combat is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom