• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Where is this study? I've never heard that from any white person I know. Which is most people I know. If anything, I've heard the opposite where white people get offended at having to say African American instead of black.

There's lots of shit white people don't tell you.

Malyse

Since we talking about Avatar:

What if the next Avatar series is a video game trilogy instead of an animation? You can create a custom character (choose your nation, gender, ect) and it plays out with a divergent narrative a la Mass Effect. You choose who you romance, you choose how your bending levels up (forsake all romance to gain flight, level fire and water high enough to unlock lightning, ect).

Would you want to play the next series or would you prefer to just watch it?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
wishful thinking as hell. i'd just be happy to see them continue on as a comic at this point

Happy new years all that.

Didn't know this happened, arabic part of the village pretty stocked.

tekken has always at least had pretty decent cultural representation beside the occasional misshap ( Muigel's first costume )

Oh shit, they went through with him and looks like the changed up his design, because what they first showed looked like an Assassin's Creed ripoff. I'm coming back for Tekken 7.

strobogo

Banned

I'm listening to this and they don't give the actual stats. It just says "We found black was held as more negative than African-American" but not the actual statistics and percentages. I want to see the receipts. I've never heard of this in my life. Then I read her article in a paper that also didn't give statistics. Then I found the actual paper and most of it doesn't give specifics and when it does, Black is only seen as marginally more negative than African-American, and African-American isn't seen as more positive than Black. That study seems like a great headline, but reading (granted, just skimming) seems to indicate it's really a miniscule difference except when it came to job applications.

In my life, I've always heard the opposite, where white people feel put upon to use African-American.

Village

Since we talking about Avatar:

What if the next Avatar series is a video game trilogy instead of an animation? You can create a custom character (choose your nation, gender, ect) and it plays out with a divergent narrative a la Mass Effect. You choose who you romance, you choose how your bending levels up (forsake all romance to gain flight, level fire and water high enough to unlock lightning, ect).

Would you want to play the next series or would you prefer to just watch it?

That would be neat, you can get away with more in a game. In the sense that peeps will buy shit for their kids regardless if its T for T, so ya know.

That said I don't trust nick, I trust nick less than CN. And CN did that CN real shit.

I wouldn't mind watching our playing, just put the money in.
Bitch was always a bit crazy tho lol

She was and was into a lot of crazy shit.

One of those things was zuko.

That was a weird episode.

Malyse

That would be neat, you can get away with more in a game. In the sense that peeps will buy shit for their kids regardless if its T for T, so ya know.

That said I don't trust nick, I trust nick less than CN. And CN did that CN real shit.

I wouldn't mind watching our playing, just put the money in.

She was and was into a lot of crazy shit.

One of those things was zuko.

That was a weird episode.

They did do the weird thing there, didn't they?

Village

They did do the weird thing there, didn't they?

It was a little weird to me, but the context of the time period they were in. The implication was very heavy azula's fixation with zuko was more than just platonic malice, and compassion was probably more normal to them than to us. Also their father was like a fascist so, I would guess keeping the blood line pure was line said around the dinner table. Whilst he threatened his children with burnings if they didn't pass the salt fast enough.

Mortemis

Banned
It was a little weird to me, but the context of the time period they were in. The implication was very heavy azula's fixation with zuko was more than just platonic malice, and compassion was probably more normal to them than to us. Also their father was like a fascist so, I would guess keeping the blood line pure was line said around the dinner table. Whilst he threatened his children with burnings if they didn't pass the salt fast enough.

Nigga what. I must be blind or ignored it, since I watched the show tons of times and this never came to my mind.

Trey

The fuck?

Riiiiight...all I know is Azula was OP as fuck. Her dad needed a special day and shit to shine. She was just murkin cats left and right as hobby.

She should have killed her pops.

Slayven

See, see that is that sonic fan shit.

Village

Ya'll didn't know, the implication was there that Azula wanted zuko, in the wrong way. And was very much obsessed with that dude.

I think there is like, a trying to seduce zuko scene in that show. Its not blatant because its a children TV show. That show was weird.

Edit: Don't believe me, go into the avatar thread, they'll probably find the dialogue for you.

Slayven

Ya'll didn't know, the implication was there that Azula wanted zuko, in the wrong way. And was very much obsessed with that dude.

I think there is like, a trying to seduce zuko scene in that show. Its not blatant because its a children TV show. That show was weird.

I think you are reading too much into it.

On that note why do folks on the internet inject sexual shit into a relationship? 2 people can't have intense emotions about each other without wanting to fuck?

Trey

Edit: Don't believe me, go into the avatar thread, they'll probably find the dialogue for you.

Man, no.

DominoKid

Kuvira definitely needed more than one season.

yeah you need more time to develop her as a credible threat to the avatar. especially when she got bodied real quick when korra got the avatar state. they could've used some time to play up her being a boss at strategies

nah breh.

Azula just liked fucking w/ his pride.

Village

Speaking of Kuvera

I wonder what batar JR has to say. I want to see that conversation. I wanna know.

" What the actual fuck ?"

On that note why do folks on the internet inject sexual shit into a relationship? 2 people can't have intense emotions about each other without wanting to fuck?

Naw, I was one of those dude who thought korra and asami would not end up together. When it comes to romance and shit I almost never get it before it actually happens in TV Shows and stuff. even I " Oh that's weird, what? I'm gonna bury that, you are a weird weirdo azula. "

nah breh.

Azula just liked fucking w/ his pride.

Nah, everyone one in that caste was too damn weird man. Like weirder that the earth kingdom, and that shit had like, hypnotists CIA agents and shit. And still for like until she got killed by " Become wind" man.

Slayven

Finishing in the comic is the new thing to do

6512046.jpg

Village

One, is that actually a thing.

Two , panther man who everything is kinda messed up in that picture.

Three, is gargoyles owned by Disney?

strobogo

Banned

You telling me Moneypenny and Bond didn't want to fuck?

Village

Yes, and Yes

The comic was good but on a budget, Only the first issue was in color

Hmm , well ok. I never knew that was a thing.

Speaking of comic related things.

So, Howard getting comic featured in a recent movie, ect. And with the success of big hero six, i thought. I would totally go see like CGI howard the duck movie.

Malyse

Yes, and Yes

The comic was good but on a budget, Only the first issue was in color
I've had a concept for a long time for Kingdom Hearts side titles like Birth by Sleep or Dream Drop Distance should use the TV shows and the like for their worlds and save stuff like the films for numbered titles. I mean, I loved 3D, but I would've rather had Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles instead of Hunchback and Fantasia, as KH tends to not have you play out the movie story more than once, meaning that Quasimodo's adventures are likely finished (ironic because of the way 3D happened). Plus, setting it in a TV show means a greater number of potential story arcs to draw from as well as meaning you can create something completely original to better integrate withe the KH story.

Village

I've had a concept for a long time for Kingdom Hearts side titles like Birth by Sleep or Dream Drop Distance should use the TV shows and the like for their worlds and save stuff like the films for numbered titles. I mean, I loved 3D, but I would've rather had Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles instead of Hunchback and Fantasia, as KH tends to not have you play out the movie story more than once, meaning that Quasimodo's adventures are likely finished (ironic because of the way 3D happened). Plus, setting it in a TV show means a greater number of potential story arcs to draw from as well as meaning you can create something completely original to better integrate withe the KH story.

I want max in KH. I want them to find out goofie has a child, then wonder how he was even able to reproduce. Then they find max, all the while wondering if he's real or... if he's just like goofie. To then find him being a completely well adjusted, coordinated baddass with a key blade. And for them to confused.

ReiGun

I want max in KH. I want them to find out goofie has a child, then wonder how he was even able to reproduce. Then they find max, all the while wondering if he's real or... if he's just like goofie. To then find him being a completely well adjusted, coordinated baddass with a key blade. And for them to confused.

Nah. If they use Max, he should fight like Goofy and just use a shield. You could even do the typical thing with the character where he whines about his dad because he doesn't understand why he can't also use a sword.

It is weird there's been this many KH games and he's never been referenced. I doubt Disney put a lock on the character - they've been happy to use him in the past - so maybe Square just isn't interested in him.

Village

Did he just elbow that guy?

Nah. If they use Max, he should fight like Goofy and just use a shield. You could even do the typical thing with the character where he whines about his dad because he doesn't understand why he can't also use a sword.

It is weird there's been this many KH games and he's never been referenced. I doubt Disney put a lock on the character - they've been happy to use him in the past - so maybe Square just isn't interested in him.

Sure, as long as he's like the coolest guy. And people are left confused on how goofy made this. You don't even see him for most of the game, he is legend, you question if actually exists. And you see him and he is beating down sephiroth.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Riiiiight...all I know is Azula was OP as fuck. Her dad needed a special day and shit to shine. She was just murkin cats left and right as hobby.

She should have killed her pops.

she needed that shit too. she would have ended up a crater challenging him. didnt help she was all manners of fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom