• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
KH was great but when they got that emo weeboo shit in KH 2? Fuck that shit

and whoever thought up gummi ships need to not work in video games

And that shit after KH2 retroactively makes KH 1 bad.

The Gummi ship segments are ok in Kingdom Hearts 2. They were phenomenal in the creation sense in the original. I think having variety in gameplay is great as it doesn't keep doing one thing for too long. I think physics and design could have been better executed in the vertical shooter segments. It's been a while since I've played either game, so I can't go into detail on how it could be improved to be excellent on a Gradius level. I don't know what you mean by weaabo shit, but KH's problems were a convulted storyline that failed to explain anything to those who didn't play Chain or Memories, that and the absolute removal of platforming.

Village

you know the geneva convention doesn't give a fuck about horses, right?

ibwfytTfWq258R.png

I thought word on the street was that for the longest the US didn't even give a shit about the Geneva convention anyway.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They haven't done anything with Mickey in a while either though. But to be clear, he was in Get a Horse in 2013, the three Epic Mickey's and and Disney Infinity 2.0, and he's been added to the theme parks.

mickeys at least appeared in shit. oswald is the equivalence of horace

Malyse

The Gummi ship segments are ok in Kingdom Hearts 2. They were phenomenal in the creation sense in the original. I think having variety in gameplay is great as it doesn't keep doing one thing for too long. I think physics and design could have been better executed in the vertical shooter segments. It's been a while since I've played either game, so I can't go into detail on how it could be improved to be excellent on a Gradius level. I don't know what you mean by weaabo shit, but KH's problems were a convulted storyline that failed to explain anything to those who didn't play Chain or Memories, that and the absolute removal of platforming.

3D is showing that they plan to address that in III, via flashbacks and chronicles. And BBS and 3D had more platforming.

mickeys at least appeared in shit. oswald is the equivalence of horace

When they do a big Mickey focused thing, expect them to use it to properly introduce Oswald.

Village

Epic Mickey, Power of Two, Power of Illusion. There was also a prequel novel from Marvel.

Huh, I thought it was just the two and then they stopped .

Well I wasn't too interested in the world epic mickey but more the premise of Oswald being used for things. Also has oswald spoken? If he does he needs to sound like the tall animaniac. He needs a voice that reflects that he hasn't been around for a long while. Relating this back to SE, i believe that voice actor was in like a ff13 game. That was odd.

Malyse

Huh, I thought it was just the two and then they stopped .

Well I wasn't too interested in the world epic mickey but more the premise of Oswald being used for things. Also has oswald spoken? If he does he needs to sound like the tall animaniac. He needs a voice that reflects that he hasn't been around for a long while. Relating this back to SE, i believe that voice actor was in like a ff13 game. That was odd.

He's voiced by Frank Welker.

DominoKid

Im always amazed at how boring most white marching bands are. At least Ohio State tries different stuff occasionally.

Oregon and FSU bands look pure struggle.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Because he's a big deal to them. Actual human being. And again, they haven't done a ton with Mickey in the same time period.

even still, mickey is the face of disney. and has been in various things outside of animation. even without being in much, hes still a well known character. they arent on the same level at all.

Im always amazed at how boring most white marching bands are. At least Ohio State tries different stuff occasionally.

Exactly. Is it just me or have you never heard white marching bands play "Talking out the side of your neck" until pretty recently?

Trey

Watch what happens when you type "marching band moonwalk" into YouTube.

You spent three times as many keystrokes on that snarky response than you would have answering my question in good faith.

Get some efficiency in your life, b. It's good for your health.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
one of the most wasted trades. what have they done with him since then? epic mickey?

the first epic mickey was actually successful.

then they did the stupid thing that people did last gen: take a moderately successful Wii exclusive, spend not enough extra money and put the sequel out on all platforms

Epic Mickey to Epic Mickey 2, DeBlob to DeBlob 2, you could even count the Goldeneye Remake to 007 Legends as an example. Doing the same thing with the uDraw tablet helped to murder THQ.

strobogo

Banned
Just for that woman who wouldn't go out because it was 50 degrees outside...

Central Indiana's average temp for 2014 was 50.2 degrees. We aren't even one of the cold states.

jmood88

Ohio state does cool formations but man, they sound like shit. Meanwhile, every non-HBCU (mainly, non-SWAC) school has about a 5 song repertoire, including the fight song.

Malyse

the first epic mickey was actually successful.

then they did the stupid thing that people did last gen: take a moderately successful Wii exclusive, spend not enough extra money and put the sequel out on all platforms

Epic Mickey to Epic Mickey 2, DeBlob to DeBlob 2, you could even count the Goldeneye Remake to 007 Legends as an example. Doing the same thing with the uDraw tablet helped to murder THQ.

That's because people were always whispering in their ear "This will sell better if you put it on the second and third place consoles too"

One of them are playing Stone Colds theme, ill give them points for that.

Also easy 500 I ever made, told negrumps that FSU going to choke today.

Malyse

I obviously need to add "Talk about Marvel/Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts" to my How to troll fandoms master list. People get hot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom