• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, Sonic Boom pretty much killed what little posting activity there was in SonicGAF. Got more people talking about Dark Souls and GOTY threads.

Well that last part was usually the case this year, but Boom sealed the deal.

Village

He's not wrong. Being a sonic fan in 2015.

let the nigga rip

1) Nah, boom gave my the first good sonic TV show. It took 13 years. But I got 1.

2) Nah man sonic is a bunch a shit. ]

Rise of lyric is pretty bad though, I recently played through it with a friend doing some investigatory work. Its uh, that game is bad. Like there is so much shit not in that game, that should be in the game. And things that are half in the game that are not finished.

That is , a thing

Village

Angelus says they should just make Shenmue 3 so that dreams can be crushed.

Shenmue 3 wouldn't be the game they want it to be because that genre has evolved so much sense ryo has been gone.

It would just be Yakuza Sleeping dogs

How does sonic-gaf feel bout lost world? worth $20-ish?

I say don't. A lot of people would say don't.

Some would argue that.

I still say don't.

How does sonic-gaf feel bout lost world? worth $20-ish?
Not even worth $2.

EDIT: The last good things that had Sonic's name on them in recent history have been Sonic Generations PC because of the Unleashed mod, and Sonic 3 Complete. And the latter one has to be tip-toed around on GAF because it's a romhack.
Angelus says they should just make Shenmue 3 so that dreams can be crushed.

I know IrishNinja lurks, so I want him to read this: Shenmue ain't shit homey, and Lan Di will always be right.

My dude said Scarface was a movie about Italian mobsters featuring Sylvester Stallone. *wipes brow*

I know Dreamy's moist-as cookie-cutter ass wasn't trying to talk shit about me.

Angelus...eh. I probably deserved it.

I made fun of sonic boom more than you, though I did bring you up as being hyped for it (not even sure if you were). #NoShade #WeStillPeoples

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's like how Duke Nukem Forever was. Some peeps waited damn near 15 years for that game. And when it finally came out it was dog shit. But they won't listen. Keep looking for those sailors...for the rest of your life.

Man, we all knew Duke Nukem was gonna be hot asshole juice, but people just weren't willing to accept that truth. Like...it's Duke Nukem, it's not high art. Polish shit for 15 years it'll still be shit.

Village

That is what Moris said

Its like, people who want like a FF7 remake.

You don't want that, Square's and the Public at large's ideology around that game so much it would not be the same game.

Not even worth $2.

EDIT: The last good things that had Sonic's name on them in recent history have been Sonic Generations PC because of the Unleashed mod, and Sonic 3 Complete. And the latter one has to be tip-toed around on GAF because it's a romhack.

Did transformed come out before of after generations, because if so , that too. Also the boom cartoon, also the comic book.

Not right now though, they are currently doing some arcs no one gives a shit about.

I made fun of sonic boom more than you, though I did bring you up as being hyped for it (not even sure if you were). #NoShade #WeStillPeoples
izJG34fi2VbSM.gif

Man, we all knew Duke Nukem was gonna be hot asshole juice, but people just weren't willing to accept that truth. Like...it's Duke Nukem, it's not high art. Polish shit for 15 years it'll still be shit.

I saw it, instantly thought of that one guy from the Penny Arcade forum, then went back to ignoring it.

Young Magus

I say don't. A lot of people would say don't.

Some would argue that.

I still say don't.

Not even worth $2.

Well shit......

What about colors Beef?

Is this recent? Stone Cold made a WWE appearance?! Stone is one of the most chill dudes ever. We talked about it on the podcast that I don't listen to podcasts, but I've listened to a few of his.

I saw it, instantly thought of that one guy from the Penny Arcade forum, then went back to ignoring it.

I keep thinking of back when I was on TeamXbox forums, this one dude kept saying shit like "imagine if they're spending all these years to make sure everything in the game can be interacted with!"

Dude was too far gone.

Did he fight or just bromance it up with The Rock?

Man the attitude era was so good. Now all we got is Jo Cena. =\

Just bromanced, and shared some beers.

The one thing that will always amaze me is how fucking accurate the beer guy was when Austin would motion for him to toss one his way. Dude had a 95% accuracy rating.

I know entirely too much of cena's theme song.

All I know is "I'm untouchable but I'm forcing you to feel me." Then something about whether it's fighting or spitting and he's never in the defensive position.

The one thing that will always amaze me is how fucking accurate the beer guy was when Austin would motion for him to toss one his way. Dude had a 95% accuracy rating.

He was probably scared he'd get hit with the stunner. Probably practiced religiously when he was at home.

strobogo

Banned

Have you seen the After Raw set? There is SO much footage of him catching beers. Shit from like...the beer dude at the time keeper area and getting it perfect to Austin half way up the ramp. Or Austin catching like 4 beers with one hand.

Bro'd up with Rock and Hogan in the opening segment.

Word, sounds dope af.

Bet he had nightmares about a bad drop, too.

"Daddy, why do we have to move?"
"...daddy...did something bad at work today."
"Why is your neck all weird?"
"Let's not talk about that."

Probably wakes up in the middle of night in cold sweats, every time he hears glass break he rolls into the fetal position. So tragic.

strobogo

Banned
Word, sounds dope af.

Probably wakes up in the middle of night in cold sweats, every time he hears glass break he rolls into the fetal position. So tragic.

It was. Especially since Hulk kept saying Silverdome (where he beat Andre) instead of Super Dome and the crowd turned on him while Austin laughed his ass off. And that Austin and Rock have a secret hand shake.

Village

It was. Especially since Hulk kept saying Silverdome (where he beat Andre) instead of Super Dome and the crowd turned on him while Austin laughed his ass off. And that Austin and Rock have a secret hand shake.

That reminds me

Both hugo and Alex need to be in SFV.

Young Magus

Have you seen the After Raw set? There is SO much footage of him catching beers. Shit from like...the beer dude at the time keeper area and getting it perfect to Austin half way up the ramp. Or Austin catching like 4 beers with one hand.

I still need to catch it, only think I saw from it was when everyone was trying to make Undertaker do a spinaroonie. He was having none of it lol

Word, sounds dope af.

It was, I tryd to find a video but nothing came up in good quality :'(

That reminds me

Both hugo and Alex need to be in SFV.

Truth. And an non-nurfed Sean

strobogo

Banned
I still need to catch it, only think I saw from it was when everyone was trying to make Undertaker do a spinaroonie. He was having none of it lol

It was, I tryd to find a video but nothing came up in good quality :'(

Truth. And an non-nurfed Sean

Hulk finally realizes he's been saying Silverdome:
ibxXC0VUYJIxIx.gif

Austin's reaction to the fans turning on him for it:
iKabhhyDKat1W.gif

IrishNinja

Shenmue 3 will be glorious, haters be damned

Not even worth $2.

eh, i only played the first few hours but i didn't hate Lost World...then again i hear it gets booty by the midgame or so

Generations was really the last one i could co-sign though

I know IrishNinja lurks, so I want him to read this: Shenmue ain't shit homey, and Lan Di will always be right.

see 2014 ninja would be warring with you in the streets, beefy....2015 version just wishes you could know joy fam

Shenmue 3 will be glorious, haters be damned

eh, i only played the first few hours but i didn't hate Lost World...then again i hear it gets booty by the midgame or so

Generations was really the last one i could co-sign though

see 2014 ninja would be warring with you in the streets, beefy....2015 version just wishes you could know joy fam

Lost World was OK, but just nowhere near as good as Generations/Colours.

IrishNinja

Lost World was OK, but just nowhere near as good as Generations/Colours.

yeah, see that's what i was gathering too - im told the later stuff gets bad/tedious because of seemingly rushed/poor level design + bad checkpoints? again i spent most of my time on early levels & the free DLC ones, all of which were cool

yeah, see that's what i was gathering too - im told the later stuff gets bad/tedious because of seemingly rushed/poor level design + bad checkpoints? again i spent most of my time on early levels & the free DLC ones, all of which were cool

I haven't even finished the game but I feel no real compulsion to. It doesn't really do anything too wrong, it just seems to be missing that fun factor. Oh and the bosses are fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom