• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who is participating in 50-50 this year?

Edit: Oooh, top of the page.

A quick google of 50-50 tells me about a bad looking movie, a NSFL Reddit subthread that I dare not click on, a brewery and something about Open Democracy in Hungry.

You think we'll get an Akira cameo after the credits?

Featuring Chris Helmsworth as Kaneda and Taylor Kitsch as Tetsuo. The evil organization is undoubtably Asian as fuck with Ken Watanabe as the leader. It too takes place in Japan, about two boys adopted by Japanese parents (played by random Koreans). The story chronicles their lives as being outcasts in the foreign land, how the were bullied, met each other, became best friends before becoming heads of a bike gang in Neo-Tokyo.

LA Times raves about Akira, "One of the most amazing and moving action movies of recent times."

cdyhybrid

I'm just assuming that the GitS Hollywood version is going to be fucking awful.

Will save me the sadness when it turns out that way.

You think she's a good actress? I've enjoyed films with her in it, but I can't really think of a time where her performance was unquestionably a positive element of the film. It's been all downhill since 2003 along that front IMO.

Shit no, I think The Major is a great character.

A quick google of 50-50 tells me about a bad looking movie, a NSFL Reddit subthread that I dare not click on, a brewery and something about Open Democracy in Hungry.

Featuring Chris Helmsworth as Kaneda and Taylor Kitsch as Tetsuo

I too am curious about the 50-50 thing.

Angelus, the bolded is a fucking nightmare.

Angelus, the bolded is a fucking nightmare.

I amended my post, I think it makes for a better movie and gives insight as to why I chose those two actors. I think they capture our generation man, they're the greatest!

Hmm, I'm actually going to do this. I have quite a few books I'm going to be reading so I might as well chronologize them. Movies might be a bit harder only because I prefer reading to watching, but I'll make an earnest attempt.

i83A7UBHchJiI.gif

I amended my post, I think it makes for a better movie and gives insight as to why I chose those two actors. I think they capture our generation man, they're the greatest!

Hmm, I'm actually going to do this. I have quite a few books I'm going to be reading so I might as well chronologize them. Movies might be a bit harder only because I prefer reading to watching, but I'll make an earnest attempt.

Read the amended. Brilliant.

If that film ever gets made, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if that's exactly what we get.

Mumei

Beef, I'm going to be curious about what you posted until I get home and can view it.

I can do 50 movies real easy, but books uh do they have pictures in them

There are some people who count comics and manga, though I am not one of those people.

Yay!

If you do participate, just make a post in the topic and then update that post whenever. Do you have an account on Goodreads? There's a GAF group, and a lot of people have joined since the start of this year's 50-50.

Yay!

If you do participate, just make a post in the topic and then update that post whenever. Do you have an account on Goodreads? There's a GAF group, and a lot of people have joined since the start of this year's 50-50.

I do not, but I am a member of Glose (shameless plug, Thomas Ricouard is an associate of mine). But I shall make a Goodreads account later today.

I feel like I want to get into reading every other month or so but just can't find the time. Not to mention books cost money.

If I ever, like, legitimately got into reading on a frequent basis I'm pretty sure I'd have to get a Kindle or something.

D i Z

I'd be lucky to make 20 movies per year. And that includes Netflix viewing. I end up watching off air series more than anything else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I want to get into reading every other month or so but just can't find the time. Not to mention books cost money.

If I ever, like, legitimately got into reading on a frequent basis I'm pretty sure I'd have to get a Kindle or something.

Lie-barries are dope. Visit one, I'm seeeeerious.

harSon

Banned
I probably watch around 150 movies a year on average, but I don't have the time to read 50 books a year. Maybe around half that - but I'm already spread pretty thin in terms of hobbies I'm trying to juggle :(

Not playing Dota 2 would solve a lot of issues

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think BCT would have more luck squeezing out 50 jandro and 50 slay jokes in a year, month, week day. I could probably do 50 movies but I have fallen out of the habit of reading I'm lucky to clear 10 books a year that aren't assigned for a class.

They'll keep her name as Kusanagi just for the lulz.
Her playing in Lucy probably helped her get the role. They be like "that talked her into the role with that horrible Lucy script, ours isn't as shitty as that so we win"

Also they'll get that Asian chick from Pacific Rim to play the white looking stay at home Wife of Togusa

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Black lead
Hispanic lead
Female lead
Indonesian (The Raid) fight choreographers / doing whatever-the-fuck

This Star Wars movie...

Finished Claymore today and now I want a Claymore game. Why is there only a DS one? I need the Bayonetta/Souls mash-up my brain has been mulling over.

harSon

Banned
If not for Dota 2 you'd already be a famous director, Dreams-Visions would have a top 10 billboard hit and satch would have her own fortune 500 company.

I've been playing Dota since 2004-2005. I don't even want to know how many hours I've logged into that game. I've got well over 2,000 games logged for Dota 2 games logged, and I played a hell of a lot more between 2005-2007 when I was playing competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom