• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you go from honorable brother bare-fisted monk to a palette swap of the fire-breathing jugglers from Pokemon Gold and Silver?

The original concept was just too good to waste on Ken's unknown rival. Capcom knew that if they put that dude in the game, he was running everything. Hero, villain, secret boss all at the same time. That guy was just too much swag for Street Fighter 4.

The original concept was just too good to waste on Ken's unknown rival. Capcom knew that if they put that dude in the game, he was running everything. Hero, villain, secret boss all at the same time. That guy was just too much swag for Street Fighter 4.

He'd probably fuck Chun Li in front of Ryu and just be like "this ain't even my whole night"

I wanted to make a thread discussing certain games that appeal to specific ethnicities ( for instance, SNK/Neo Geo having a huge influence amongst the Hispanic community.) but I just don't know how to word it without coming off as an ass.

I remember someone telling me the reason Mexican's rule the KOF scene is because the arcade cabinets were cheaper than the SF2/MvC cabinets and such.

I would say Japan runs SF4.. probably because they have the strongest arcade scene and playing online if they chose to would be viable across the entire country because of the good internet speed and that fact that the country itself isn't that big.

Koreans run Tekken.

Japan runs the anime games for cultural reasons.

America runs MvC3. Marvel always been America's game. The fact that it didn't have an arcade release either made it kinda dead in the Japan scene. Only a handful of good Marvel players in Japan tbh.

Netherrelm Studio Games. American developer, and overall feels catered to more American tastes (fatalities/gore/overall very brutal game) Not sure if anyone in the Asian countries have played any of their games serious tbh. Most NRS games usually start off really hot in the beginning then die off after a year.

KI. Ran by America. Not sure if any other region plays this game. Not sure if it's downloadable only still.

Virtua Fighter - Japan? America? Anybody?

Dead or Alive? Japan? America? Anybody?
Smash. Everyone really, too bad it's not fighting game

White people run shooting games tho

I think that's pretty..self explanatory.

Village

Oh ya'll learned abut rufus, now you know why everyone hates rufus. Besides him being annoying.

Capcom learn from your mistake, make OG rufus a character in 5 and have his intro throwing shitty rufus out of the ring before fighting

Oh ya'll learned abut rufus, now you know why everyone hates rufus. Besides him being annoying.

Capcom learn from your mistake, make OG rufus a character in 5 and have his intro throwing shitty rufus out of the ring before fighting

Someone mentioned that if they really did make SFV a future design, they could extend off that old design and make him an older Sean..

I could fx with it.

Village

Like, everyone else i'm fine with how they came out. Even though I like the concept of abel, like him being this smaller more effeminate person. Like I like the concept of characters not lining with peoples rigid sense of gender roles. But I still like how abel came out, and juri some of her concepts are so damn good they should strait up be characters. But I still like her, but rufus was like, " why, who thought was cool"

All OG Rufus moves would be named after Spike Lee movies. His ultra combo will be called The Radio Raheem

So that reminded me of a song with doom and vast aire, and Now I want all his moves to be named after 80's cartoons .

Someone mentioned that if they really did make SFV a future design, they could extend off that old design and make him an older Sean..

I could fx with it.

Sure, but it doesn't seem like 5 if it does take place after 4 is that far enough to denote him being that older.

All OG Rufus moves would be named after Spike Lee movies. His ultra combo will be called The Radio Raheem

Ultra 1: "Do The Right Thing" - Gives you a lecture about life while you're secretly being invited to the knockout game. It'll be a grab similar to Balrog's U2 dirty bull.

Ultra 2: "He Got Game" - Projectile basketball. Throws basketball into the air (High arc or what they call a "Rainbow" shot. Full animation if the basketball hits. Animation -
1241026322_funny_basketball_trick.gif
Hits you with 'The Shimmy' and dunks on yo punkass with a metal basketball. GREAT anti-air as well. Can be FADC'd from his special move 'Black Power' which is basically an uppercut.

sean pls

Slayven

Cultural reasons like getting the game 2 years before everyone else? If we get it at all?

I think that is cultural reason, like the Japanese game industry not realizing there is a global economy. It is funny that the moe segment figured that out and get good sells on the vita.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Like sagat tossing dans dad in the bushes in alpha 2

so you can come back from saying you hate all white people but you make one innocent joke about a dude with a red name you get banished to the fuckin' Neathrealm with Scorpion and them

k

J10

Banned
so you can come back from saying you hate all white people but you make one innocent joke about a dude with a red name you get banished to the fuckin' Neathrealm with Scorpion and them

k

This is a good point. Won't amount to anything though.

Arianna 'The Angel' vs Raychiel happening/happened.. Two of the thickest girls on Twitter Goin at it.

They're both so beautiful thick.. Why must they fight ;_;

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arianna vs Raychiel happening/happened.. Two of the thickest girls on Twitter Goin at it.

They're both so beautiful.. Why must they fight ;_;

Like Seinfeld said, because then they fight...then they MIGHT kiss.

Arianna 'The Angel' vs Raychiel happening/happened.. Two of the thickest girls on Twitter Goin at it.

They're both so beautiful thick.. Why must they fight ;_;

So I learned the chick with the amazing eyes who had the strawberry in her mouth is Raychiel and I was excited then I saw her entire body and was like...nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom