• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

1396382283.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
c3d9XAg.jpg

But hold your Jandros! He was just misquoted, apparently.

There is a serious mistake in today's News Enterprise in a story that quotes me as saying "people that typically get into law enforcement do so to shoot minorities". I have no idea how that was printed from any interview with me. Nothing was said that even resembles that comment. This interview was conducted with another member of the Hardin County Sheriff's Office present and there was no part of the interview that mentioned any related comments. I have served in law enforcement for 30 years and have never known any officers that had these motives. There was no part of the interview that mentioned shooting any person.
Follow up retraction from the newspaper:

This story - as it appeared in print - contained a major error and misquoted Sheriff John Ward. The version here has been corrected. The newspaper apologizes to the sheriff and other law-enforcement officers because of its mistake.

Where you're from - Montréal, Canada
Where you live - Atlanta, GA have all of my life
What is your age? - just turned 20
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Most of my family is Jamaican
Do you know your roots - not really
Favorite musical genre - All over the fucking place but hip hop, R & B, Pop, and Electronica/EDM
Your profession/major/career interest - Computer Science
Your religious affiliation - Athiesm
Hobbies - Games, TV, Movies, reading you know the usual
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's sometimess but I enjoy KFC sometimes too.

Hey guys, I've been on this forum a long time but ive somehow missed this thread. Hope you guys are awesome as I've heard. :)

With a Jamaican family, you must be eating hella good. I got addicted to this Jamaican joint back when I was at the university. Do you want to get into games with computer science?

"Our generation is so messed up _____" pissees me off so much.

It's like we've barely gotten out of our 20's. We've haven't had a chance to do anything yet.

Trey

A lot of people on GAF approach the topic of religion all wrong. It's one thing to be critical of religion, it's one thing to genuinely want to fill the gaps in folks' knowledge...

But every time you say some shit like "I was religious until my brain started firing on all cylinders," I already know what game you're playing. You can criticize religion without gleefully calling those that practice religion dummies.

Slayven

A lot of people on GAF approach the topic of religion all wrong. It's one thing to be critical of religion, it's one thing to genuinely want to fill the gaps in folks' knowledge...

But every time you say some shit like "I was religious until my brain started firing on all cylinders," I already know what game you're playing. You can criticize religion without gleefully calling those that practice religion dummies.

Empathy is a foreign concept for many

jmood88

Is Don Lemon playing a role for CNN for ratings or what? I just can't see someone making as many mistakes as he does remaining employed. CNN has to be in on it and encouraging it.

He's getting ratings and it's obvious that he never wants to be relegated to the midnight anchor role ever again. He got a taste of attention after coming out, then lost his fucking mind.

I'm going to pray for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom