• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I'm going to pray for you.

I know how frustrating it can be to talk to certain religious types.

But niggas on this forum and reddit take it from 0 to 100 trying to go in on religion. A lot of them just want to feel superior, and the have no real intention of engaging in constructive dialogue. Not to say the same isn't or couldn't be true in the inverse situation.

Malyse

What's his reasoning for you needing to be offended?

And frankly I don’t care anymore, DC lost me as a reader a few years back aside from a few snip-it’s here and there. and no amount of trying not to be idiots on their part will win me back. I’ll admit my knee jerked pretty hard over the recasting, she was my favorite character, but I’ll get over my “nerd-rage” and as well I will admit that power girl wasn’t really that popular, let’s face it outside of comic book fans no one has heard of PG, (unless you watched Buffy and she said she was a fan)or no one cares. And that almost entirely DC/WBs fault. She could have been in but wasn’t, Smallville, Arrow, and probably won’t be in Flash.

And I guess.. Granted I am Caucasian and CIS (mention it just in case) I may be misunderstanding this, that swapping out genders and ethnicities for the sake of diversity is more so disrespectful to the population they are pandering to. Are you telling me that Luke cage is t good enough for his own run. Is falcon only readable as Captain America in the cover? The translation of Carol Danvers to Captain Marvel was a natural story.

These moves betray the story in favor of sales.

This.

I told him not to tell a black man to be offended by more representation. This fool actually wrote some five paragraphs about how not upset he was about them making her black. And he don't even read DC!

But niggas on this forum and reddit take it from 0 to 100 trying to go in on religion. A lot of them just want to feel superior, and the have no real intention of engaging in constructive dialogue. Not to say the same isn't or couldn't be true in the inverse situation.

This is why I don't like Bill Nye. He's on that bullshit.

Malyse

didn't eem know theres anything different than bagged milk/carton milk.

fuck your maple syrup b, aunt jemima all day and tomorrow

Fuck bagged milk.

hngakobyjcw8gvlnhmie.jpg

Hey now, let's not be dissing Bill Nye because he ain't fucking with that remedial shit that is Creationism.

It's the internet man. That's a bog standard part of it really. There are 3 things internet warriors are experts on.

Minorities
Women
Religion

Japanese culture gets an honorable mention

Old, but I hadn't seen it before. Nice compliment to Diet Racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeukZ6RcUd8

"Things got racist really fast!"

Welcome back, I was convinced you said fuck GAF and quit cold turkey.

A lot of people on GAF approach the topic of religion all wrong. It's one thing to be critical of religion, it's one thing to genuinely want to fill the gaps in folks' knowledge...

But every time you say some shit like "I was religious until my brain started firing on all cylinders," I already know what game you're playing. You can criticize religion without gleefully calling those that practice religion dummies.

Idk, Some people just straight up think religious people are idiots so it's not their goal to just criticize,they want to talk down to religious people to show their intellectual superiority because they decided at some point religion is crap

Yo fam, we need to put out a hit on Don Lemon before he fucks up Affirmative Action for the whole hood. Tie him up and lock him in the basement of CNN.

besada, bring the roll of duct tape.

D:

Nah, just been busy with life junk.

Word. You were missed bruh.

Idk, Some people just straight up think religious people are idiots so it's not their goal to just criticize,they want to talk down to religious people to show their intellectual superiority because they decided at some point religion is crap

Personally I totes believe in the Greek gods, but I don't tell people cause I don't want them to judge me.
True story, I did tell some people I believed in the greek gods to see reactions at this party and both the Christians and atheists were talking about how much bullshit they were. I was laughing so hard and they were all confused then I was like "You two groups are so alike but yet you beef so much."

Jacir

At first I thought this was a Pokemon fan comic, then it got interesting. Midway decided to just finish it, cuz why not. I don't know if anything is attached to this, but I like it n hate it for reasons that it reminds me of depressing times that almost made me aflict damage onto myself n others. I didn't expect to get much out of this...and one last this thing...

Fuck you too.

Stay happy as best as possible folks.

Personally I totes believe in the Greek gods, but I don't tell people cause I don't want them to judge me.
True story, I did tell some people I believed in the greek gods to see reactions at this party and both the Christians and atheists were talking about how much bullshit they were. I was laughing so hard and they were all confused then I was like "You two groups are so alike but yet you beef so much."

It's funny. You hear the same exact arguments in any religious discussion no matter what the belief system is. I tend to stay away from such arguments because of this. It's not even worth the brain power.

Malyse

At first I thought this was a Pokemon fan comic, then it got interesting. Midway decided to just finish it, cuz why not. I don't know if anything is attached to this, but I like it n hate it for reasons that it reminds me of depressing times that almost made me aflict damage onto myself n others. I didn't expect to get much out of this...and one last this thing...

Fuck you too.

Stay happy as best as possible folks.
Watch Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall.

----

Did any of y'all watch Danny Phantom?

I'm doing wrong here, but, what age group are you engaging? Are they foaming at the mouth from jump? I know when I first had my "conversion" I was quite awful..our, rather, I can recognize that I sounded almost as bad as those religious folks that hounded me.

Perhaps it's just dealing with the south..

Edit: Sorry, for breaking the chain..

jWILL253

Banned
Let's post like Jaden Smith.

If Pokemon were real creatures, we could use them to solve world hunger. Pikachu could even power the world's electricity.

---

I'm really fucking upset that K. Cole wasted her album budget on a Mike Will Made It beat, and forgot to save a couple thousand for that fucking video.

She's the Terrance Howard of R&B right now...

J10

Banned
If just once you ever bothered to count the rain drops during a storm you would never again be thirsty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom