• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
I bailed on that thread. But the video showed him saying the guy's name, as if he knew him. Did he know he was a murderer?

I would assume so considering as soon as he gave the name he immediately went for the communicator.

--

Anyway, how do you guys feel about this Black or White film with Kevin Costner

Goddamnit. Link?

You don't want that trouble.

In other news tried to have a real convo with my cousin this morning about Obama giving our kids the chance for that community college degree and somwhere in the conversation he hit me with something something Obama not fooling me trying to seduce my kids with that Cooniversity degree........"well cuz I gotta get back to work and I'm sure there's a season of 2K15 waiting to be played by you right about now soooooo......"

South Carolina...... :/

Malyse

Obama hate is strong.

----

The guy behind the hostages is the one who shot the cop and he's demanding the release of the ones who shot up the magazine.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
You don't want that trouble.

In other news tried to have a real convo with my cousin this morning about Obama giving our kids the chance for that community college degree and somwhere in the conversation he hit me with something something Obama not fooling me trying to seduce my kids with that Cooniversity degree........"well cuz I gotta get back to work and I'm sure there's a season of 2K15 waiting to be played by you right about now soooooo......"

South Carolina...... :/

How old is your cousin? I had cousins who used to talk like that when they were younger, now that they are hitting their mid and late twenties they talk of regret for not going to school or atleast getting some decent work history.

Kreed

Was watching the SkyNet Stream on Youtube about the hostage situation in Paris. Who told Youtube/Google it was a good idea to add a live chat to videos?

How old is your cousin? I had cousins who used to talk like that when they were younger, now that they are hitting their mid and late twenties they talk of regret for not going to school or atleast getting some decent work history.

man me and this cat around the same age. I'm 35 and he older than me. Like I said as I had to get back to work he was sitting on the couch playing the ps4 his gf got for him. He aint got no drive and apparently he don't want his kids to have a future either.

To refresh my memory I looked up 2000 in Wiki:

6rsedUTl.png

lol Limp Bizkit

the days when a Wu album sells 300k its first week.

Fuck me i miss those days :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
nobody will ever be able to tell me that france did 'a good job' handling this attack

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
its about to get nasty everywhere

people are going to look at this whole thing and think "that's possible". which completely changes the game on all sides
Wait so how does this work? Did everyone just forget the events of the last decade or something? I could be wrong, I don't know if there are any details to this that highlight it as something that has never happened before. But like, yo, the Boston bombing wasn't all that long ago not to mention the avalanche of shootings we've had the last couple years that weren't even all necessarily ideologically based.

Slayven

its about to get nasty everywhere

people are going to look at this whole thing and think "that's possible". which completely changes the game on all sides

Yeah, but Europe was already headed toward some fuck shit, this is just going to accelerate it.

American cops will just tune their guns to include more shades of brown to auto fire on.

Kreed

Wait so how does this work? Did everyone just forget the events of the last decade or something?

Not over drawings. At this rate Disney is going to have to hire former Blackwater staff.

And of course a brother just had to be involved too.

nobody will ever be able to tell me that france did 'a good job' handling this attack

To be fair, no one thought someone would actually roll into that spot and shoot up the place. It's not feasible to give 24 hour security until the end of time and I don't think the victims would have accepted it. I think the response time was great, probably shouldn't have ended up with hostages at the end, but at least they got one alive so they can get info from him

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not over drawings. At this rate Disney is going to have to hire former Blackwater staff.

And of course a brother just had to be involved too.
Yeah, I guess there have been threats over the drawings before but this is a case where someone followed through in a direct way: going after the artists themselves. And Blackwater? Ugh...that's that shady, constantly re-branding, para-military group right?

Kreed

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968123

There were two hostage situations going on today in France. One involving two of the gunmen from the Charlie Hebdo attacks, and another with a third (black) gunman holding hostages in a super market wanting to negotiate the freedom of other gunmen (he apparently shot a police woman earlier). All three are dead now. There's a fourth female suspect but either she has been captured or escaped.

Edit:

Yeah, I guess there have been threats over the drawings before but this is a case where someone followed through in a direct way: going after the artists themselves. And Blackwater? Ugh...that's that shady, constantly re-branding, para-military group right?

Yep, that's them.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Was watching the SkyNet Stream on Youtube about the hostage situation in Paris. Who told Youtube/Google it was a good idea to add a live chat to videos?

I never get why they have chat on live events in the first place. What kind of meaningful discussion do they expect? In my eyes, by letting the chat go with no type of moderation, you are in a way approving that crap.

man me and this cat around the same age. I'm 35 and he older than me. Like I said as I had to get back to work he was sitting on the couch playing the ps4 his gf got for him. He aint got no drive and apparently he don't want his kids to have a future either.

That's terrible. I get that it is alot more fun to sit at home playing videogames, drinking and smoking than going to work. But I work so I can continue to have a home to do those things. I have a girl I used to mess with who is 40 now, still living at her parents house, no job, no house. She just looks at TV all day. She is full of nothing but drama. My theory is that she creates the drama so that she can be part of something in life. A life filled with nothing can be filled by creating drama-filled situations. She is fine as hell though.

With all that said, I do at times envy that lifestyle while I am waking up early, fighting traffic to get this little pay just to give it away in the form of bills.

DY_nasty

Wait so how does this work? Did everyone just forget the events of the last decade or something? I could be wrong, I don't know if there are any details to this that highlight it as something that has never happened before. But like, yo, the Boston bombing wasn't all that long ago not to mention the avalanche of shootings we've had the last couple years that weren't even all necessarily ideologically based.

your typical mass shooting is your typical mass shooting. over and done with in the same place it starts. one guy usually.

the boston bombing was.... different for a lot of reasons. a bomb going off in the middle of a massive event leaving initial responders all of fucking nothing to go off of is extremely different than a small group of uniformed guys rolling up and leaving a footprint on a building and exiting stage left.

i don't like that people are all over the world are going to think that kenyan mall shootings and mumbai attacks are possible in berlin, paris, la, etc - especially with guys who come and go from fuckwars like syria
To be fair, no one thought someone would actually roll into that spot and shoot up the place. It's not feasible to give 24 hour security until the end of time and I don't think the victims would have accepted it. I think the response time was great, probably shouldn't have ended up with hostages at the end, but at least they got one alive so they can get info from him

i'm not saying that this could've prevented - i dont want to be misunderstood as such either. i'm saying that if a situation is getting progressively worse, then you never had control of it.

at least in boston, the police violated the freedoms of everyone on an island basically to cordon off a massive area. it was rough, nasty, 'wrong', and a ton of other things but it served its purpose in keeping them off of their heels.

That's terrible. I get that it is alot more fun to sit at home playing videogames, drinking and smoking than going to work. But I work so I can continue to have a home to do those things. I have a girl I used to mess with who is 40 now, still living at her parents house, no job, no house. She just looks at TV all day. She is full of nothing but drama. My theory is that she creates the drama so that she can be part of something in life. A life filled with nothing can be filled by creating drama-filled situations. She is fine as hell though.

With all that said, I do at times envy that lifestyle while I am waking up early, fighting traffic to get this little pay just to give it away in the form of bills.

Yuck. Sometimes I worry this will be me in a few years and it snaps be back into work ethic for my school

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
your typical mass shooting is your typical mass shooting. over and done with in the same place it starts. one guy usually.

the boston bombing was.... different for a lot of reasons. a bomb going off in the middle of a massive event leaving initial responders all of fucking nothing to go off of is extremely different than a small group of uniformed guys rolling up and leaving a footprint on a building and exiting stage left.

i don't like that people are all over the world are going to think that kenyan mall shootings and mumbai attacks are possible in berlin, paris, la, etc - especially with guys who come and go from fuckwars like syria.
It will be important to see how Europe handles this situation considering these facts. I really have no idea how this will affect the greater picture but in the mean time there will be a lot of hightened fear and animosity for Muslims, as we have already seen on this very forum. A lot of it was already simmering beneath the surface for many people and this was just an excuse for it to billow over into plain sight.

I just went back to using Internet Explorer fully. Chrome and Firefox run like pure shit on my PC all of the sudden. If there's another browser out there that I need to be put on tell me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Chrome has been buggy as hell for a lot of people lately and I have no idea why. And Firefox has major memory leak issues for my computer that I haven't figured out either. I'm hesitant to jump back on Internet Explorer but like Feenix said I don't really know what other choice I have at this point.

harSon

Banned
I just went back to using Internet Explorer fully. Chrome and Firefox run like pure shit on my PC all of the sudden. If there's another browser out there that I need to be put on tell me.

I use Internet Explorer quite a bit now, since it's the only browser that doesn't require binoculars to see and seems to be optimized for the Surface Pro 3. The days of IE being a terrible browser are long gone. I'm not going to lie and say it's the best browser, but I definitely don't dread using it like in the past.

jWILL253

Banned
What are the worst video game endings ever?

For me, it's ME3. What fucked it up for me: I was spoiled for the ending before I even played the game. But after I played the previous 2, I decided to pick up all three games for my PC, with all the DLC. Once I got to 3, I was all like "I already know how it ends so fuck it, I'ma enjoy it for what it is."

And I was STILL disappointed because the gameplay was the best in the series, and there was a lot of great build-up towards the ending, and the Citadel DLC was spectacular. Then the last 10 minutes of the game happens, and it ruins the entire fucking franchise.

When ME4 comes out, there had better be some serious fucking retcons, or make the Destroy ending canon.

Basically:

post-4263-I-expect-nothing-and-still-Im-OPyw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are the worst video game endings ever?

For me, it's ME3. What fucked it up for me: I was spoiled for the ending before I even played the game. But after I played the previous 2, I decided to pick up all three games for my PC, with all the DLC. Once I got to 3, I was all like "I already know how it ends so fuck it, I'ma enjoy it for what it is."

And I was STILL disappointed because the gameplay was the best in the series, and there was a lot of great build-up towards the ending, and the Citadel DLC was spectacular. Then the last 10 minutes of the game happens, and it ruins the entire fucking franchise.

When ME4 comes out, there had better be some serious fucking retcons, or make the Destroy ending canon.

Basically:

Huh. I'm in the minority of liking and feeling like the original ME3 ending was right on, and I was fine with it.

DY_nasty

There was a lot more wrong with ME3 than the ending...

Worst ending of all-time imo is still probably Star Ocean 3. It wasn't even the ending, maybe like the 2/3 mark or so. Ruined the entire franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom