• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
the complaints are getting stupid too. "i don't want to grind for power! finding those shards is a huge waste of time"

i had over 300 power just sitting around after using it on everything. everything

People feel like they have to do everything but the only thing forcing them too is themselves. I actually liked that there was such a surplus of power, you could drive the story by only doing the things you enjoyed doing. But somehow that translates to "Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't value my time." No, fool, you don't value your time. The game isn't holding a gun to your head.

Jacir

I cant for the life of me remember the last time I read a book on my own leisure. Knowing that my comprehension skills are already problematic due to my naivety on not wanting to make any amount of time for a good read, I have made a personal goal. This year I want to make myself read atleast two books. And here are the next two books I will read in this order:

1. The Great A&P and the Struggle for Small Business in America

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0809051435/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2. The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0691136408/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Evidently, both of them are by the same author, Marc Levinson.

I love it

TriMVhN.jpg

Kim breaks the Law

Silky

Banned
Inquisition is great, GAF going through the 'game is ass' cycle once again.

But fuck if these Sidequests aren't annoying. I haven't even got to the dance chapter. I said 'not until I'm level 15 and got my sub-class on point'

I only know them through their music, but FF6's score has to be my favorite. Dancing Mad Suite feels too magnum opus-y to be anything else.

Anyone ever have classes that they were sure they were going to bomb once they got the basics of it explained to them (like online or first day or whatever), but then realize you click with it in a way you'd never expect to?

Jacir

Good for you Jacir. I hope you meet your goal.

Thanks. I need all the encouragement I can get. I have not received the first book yet. I'm getting excited. Even dont remember going to the library solely for books either other than to hog on that WiFi for ages. I'm kinda excited for this tbh. I barely read man. Comics too. So...

I await my journeys to come for I only know one story which is thine life of mine.

Silky

Banned
Lazy people and procrastinating (not from my end) just might kill my college experience a lot earlier than expected. Fucking hell.

Then I realized that this is how it ends if I can't continue today; I'll be a college dropout with no work and not general talents to focus on a trade.

I'm royally fucked and it seems school is my last savior at living a potentially good future. No one to depend on but my 'family' (my mom and my grandfather). And when they're gone, I'm fucked!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Anyone ever have classes that they were sure they were going to bomb once they got the basics of it explained to them (like online or first day or whatever), but then realize you click with it in a way you'd never expect to?

Yup. Was trying hard on a class and failing pretty hard. Looked up the syllabus and saw the extra credit was all oral points. Wrote up all the oral points i received from that point on and got the highest mark. Had i known that from the start, i wouldnt have stressed the class so hard

Malyse

I cant for the life of me remember the last time I read a book on my own leisure. Knowing that my comprehension skills are already problematic due to my naivety on not wanting to make any amount of time for a good read, I have made a personal goal. This year I want to make myself read atleast two books. And here are the next two books I will read in this order:

1. The Great A&P and the Struggle for Small Business in America

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0809051435/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2. The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0691136408/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Evidently, both of them are by the same author, Marc Levinson.

Kindle makes reading a joy.

I really hate when you're in an interview and they ask: "So, why do you want to work here?"

Surely they must realise that anything I say that isn't "For the money, moron" is a complete fabrication?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate when you're in an interview and they ask: "So, why do you want to work here?"

Surely they must realise that anything I say that isn't "For the money, moron" is a complete fabrication?

As someone hiring someone else, I want to hear reasons BESIDES the money. Do you feel this place is a good fit for your skills? Do you want to grow beyond the initial position? Do you want to make change happen? (Assuming it's a place where you can implement changes and do things BETTER) - it's a valid question!

Malyse

I don't wanna work for a lot of places because of money. I actually want to work for that company.

akira28

Lazy people and procrastinating (not from my end) just might kill my college experience a lot earlier than expected. Fucking hell.

Then I realized that this is how it ends if I can't continue today; I'll be a college dropout with no work and not general talents to focus on a trade.

I'm royally fucked and it seems school is my last savior at living a potentially good future. No one to depend on but my 'family' (my mom and my grandfather). And when they're gone, I'm fucked!

there is always a way. focus, find the strength, and dig in motherfucker because giving up is not an option.

Trey

Personal growth, the challenge, compatability to your strengths, career track, synergy with company policy, inspiration due to said company.

Kreed

I don't think they do. I think they want to be fox. Some one is pulling strings for Lemon. Black man saying offensive conservative view points? That's Fox.

Conservative viewers are where the ratings are. CNN used to try to be "in the middle" with Fox News and MSNBC, but they are definitely trying to get some of Fox News' base and are taking a lot of notes and tactics from Fox News. MSNBC is consistently last in ratings among the three main news networks because Liberals just do not sit and watch TV like Conservatives do (despite there being more of them). It's the TV equivalent of US voting problems.

As someone hiring someone else, I want to hear reasons BESIDES the money. Do you feel this place is a good fit for your skills? Do you want to grow beyond the initial position? Do you want to make change happen? (Assuming it's a place where you can implement changes and do things BETTER) - it's a valid question!

For a sales job? Where your biggest selling point is how large the OTE is?

I don't wanna work for a lot of places because of money. I actually want to work for that company.

I give not the slightest of shits where I work so long as they pay me and leave me alone.

Personal growth, the challenge, compatability to your strengths, career track, synergy with company policy, inspiration due to said company.

If I said anything else, I would be lying.

akira28

they like getting their asses kissed, it's like dating. So tell me about yourself means, so tell me why I should give you a chance. And tell me what made you interested in me means blow smoke up my ass and fairy dust on my balls.

That's why they tell you to do a website relook of a company so you can learn their shitty and unremarkable story and lie about how much you want to work there because really if you had Superman's heat vision that office building would already be a crater.

akira28

2,000 dead in Nigeria sounds like something to talk about

I was thinking that they should organize a #JeSuisCharlie campaign to show their support for the people in Paris. Seriously. It's not too late, and who knows, maybe there could be some back channel cash and support for that from those who understand what sort of impact it would have.

what do you guise think?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was thinking that they should organize a #JeSuisCharlie campaign to show their support for the people in Paris. Seriously. It's not too late, and who knows, maybe there could be some back channel cash and support for that from those who understand what sort of impact it would have.

what do you guise think?
naw...

that's just too big of an event for people to take a sort of passive aggressive route like that

"there are hundreds dead in the bushes, and we're still finding more by the day, but we totally think those cartoons are awesome :D" i just don't think it can happen

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I...never noticed this. Surely not intentional considering you have to transpose letters.
yU1IRgg.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I don't think they do. I think they want to be fox. Some one is pulling strings for Lemon. Black man saying offensive conservative view points? That's Fox.

CNN is desperate. They had layoffs last year, projecting more this year. I think they would do anything and everything to get ratings, I think that includes copying Fox News tactics. Fox tries their best to tap into the conservative anger, screw the facts, tap into the anger. A network that is level-headed, reports the facts and isn't over the top doesn't get ratings. I sure hate it though. For the most part I get my news straight from the AP web site.

RedSwirl

I'm trying to apply to some shit right now and it's another one of those machine things that needs your whole employment history after you sent in your resume along with phone numbers I can't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom