• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Lakers:

SomeComfortableHyena.gif

Look at the bench lol

Imm0rt4l

BCT I need help.

What does it mean to call someone a plug?

Me and a coworker were gossiping about another male coworker who always has girl problems. Coworker's boyfriend was listening to our conversation, and before he left he was like, "That nigga's a plug."

WHAT does it mean to be a plug??? Me and my coworker are so lost.
The main drug connect

Malyse

one of the things I'm doing in 2015 is tracking (and blogging) all the stuff I do pop culture wise. During a conversation with an artist, I asked her how long a particular piece of art took her and she said she didn't know. I was wondering if there was some program or app out there that could help with that, because as an artist, it would be useful to know how long it takes to finish a piece (for commissions and scheduling and the like). I found this. Basically, it will log what sites you visit (you can opt in to adult site tracking) what programs you use, ect. Just thought some of y'all might want to know about that type of thing.

Vanessa Elisha's "Midnight Swim" EP
dzsa7KL.png
it's only 2 songs... and remixes of those two songs, but still.

Vanessa Elisha's EP for the lazy

This genre I can hear literally all day. I really should make a mix.

Jhene Aiko
Tinashe
Venessa Elisa
Rochelle Jordan
Jessie Ware
Several Tracks from Saint Heron
Boom Clap Bachelors
Quadron
Who am I missing?

Just randomly found her other EP, Don't Go on my phone. *applies hipster glasses*

Malyse

That was a really dumb post.

EDIT: The one you quoted, just to be clear.

He's doubling down on this accuracy over sympathy thing too.

-----

Tumblr makes me want to make an "Seven Reasons to hate Igloo Australia" thread, but I know exactly how that ends. So instead, I'll just post what I would have posted here :)

Seven Reasons to hate Igloo Australia said:
  1. She’s appropriated a historically Black music style and produced generally mediocre tracks, yet she’s exponentially more famous than genuinely talented Black artists like Angel Haze because of her privilege since she’s conventionally attractive and White.
  2. Though 99% of her success is because of said privilege, she made fun of Azealia Banks talking about her own struggle as a Black woman in the industry
  3. She’s gotten implants to achieve a body type typical of Black women in the industry like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj, puts on an African American accent even though she’s a White Australian, and uses the N-word. Essentially, cultural appropriation for personal gain to the nth degree.
    t1.png

4. She’s been openly racist against a surprisingly diverse collection of cultural and ethnic groups.
    tumblr_inline_ni1jhx1DaK1rsu60n.png

tumblr_inline_ni1jiaOsJD1rsu60n.png

tumblr_inline_ni1jjdMg5D1rsu60n.png

tumblr_inline_ni1jjoxVua1rsu60n.png

tumblr_inline_ni1jjy0gXh1rsu60n.png

tumblr_inline_ni1jk8DxPt1rsu60n.png

5. And homophobic…
    tumblr_inline_ni1jkuxsTU1rsu60n.png

Iggy-Azalea-Homophobic-Tweets-iggy-azalea-37677671-500-316.jpg

6. She sampled Look Out For Detox by Kendrick Lamar where he says “I’m a runaway slave” and changed the lyric to “I’m a runaway slave master”… She quite literally called herself a slave master.
  7. She’s the queen of non-apologies and refusing to admit her own problematic words and actions
    tumblr_inline_ni1jv1WyAK1rsu60n.png

tumblr_mmgic2u6221qapvgko1_500.jpg

But if that's not enough...

Though it might have been worth it..

Vanessa Elisha's EP for the lazy

This genre I can hear literally all day. I really should make a mix.

Jhene Aiko
Tinashe
Venessa Elisa
Rochelle Jordan
Jessie Ware
Several Tracks from Saint Heron
Boom Clap Bachelors
Quadron
Who am I missing?

Just randomly found her other EP, Don't Go on my phone. *applies hipster glasses*

Yea, I've been meaning to make a mix of similar music, just needed a list of artists besides Jhene, Rojo, Tinashe and Vanessa.

The remixes are meh, but the two songs are legit. Glad to see other cats like her.

Yea, I don't even bother with the remixes. I just happened to stumble upon her while looking for similar artists to Rochelle Jordan.

BCT I need help.

What does it mean to call someone a plug?

Me and a coworker were gossiping about another male coworker who always has girl problems. Coworker's boyfriend was listening to our conversation, and before he left he was like, "That nigga's a plug."

WHAT does it mean to be a plug??? Me and my coworker are so lost.

Constantly up people's asses

in a coming-for-them way i mean

he's biting off more than he can chew

i have no idea

Gorillaz

Dudes at work legit tried to call me in tonight to work, the night of the national game, when I wasn't even scheduled tonight.

I'm not even in the city

DominoKid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom