• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bet you won't slide in that shit with a gorbachev traffic crosscut tho

agree-nod.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/13/chris-brown-club-shooting-cancel-shows-hood-clubs/

Chris brown is finished taking chances ... he's ordered his manager to immediately cancel upcoming shows at any nightclub he thinks is "too hood" after the recent shooting in San Jose.

A source close to Chris tells TMZ the singer called an emergency meeting instructing his crew to pull him out of all future bookings at venues with a history of violence or security issues.

As TMZ previously reported ... five people were wounded when someone fired multiple shots at his show Sunday morning.

We're told Brown doesn't want to be associated with shootings -- and is making the change to protect his image, his ass, and his fans. Not necessarily in that order.

To that point ... Chris performed in a San Diego club the night after the shooting, and declared on Instagram, "No more n***a parties! Only this type s**t!"

3bS5KhX.png

harSon

Banned
That venue he was at in San Jose looked smaller than a walk-in Dominoes pizza joint.

I drive by that place every day on my way to work. I'm legit shook anything of note was held there. Hell, I can't remember a time I've ever seen a damn car parked in the parking lot. Honestly looks like some janky bar that cartels would use in a movie.

20150111__fiestashooting~5.JPG

Jacir

Just caught up with the conversation n y'all niggas is crazy haha.

Downloaded this Duolingo app to better my Portuguese and so far I'm liking it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shit like an abandon Showtime Pizza.

jesus fuck man

you gotta be black america's version of dragon age's dread wolf

slayven was backstage when lil kim grabbed that titty

slayven was there when jesse decided it was time to snitch

slayven could've stopped spike lee from picking that fight with eastwood but he didn't

slayven passed lupe the blunt

slayven will be there when obama tells o'reilly to kiss his ass

Slayven

Old enough to remember when Roses put Sonic in their display Genesis and thinking "This dude will be around for years, just like Another Bad Creation, and Silver Spoons."

J10

Banned
I need a new pseudonym. I want something comic book related but I can't think of anything cool that isn't super obvious.

Long as the promoter has the dosh, artists will show. I had Run DMC, Ice T, Blu Cantrell, all sorts of acts come through the nightclub back when I was bouncing. Got a good Run story but I'm not going to put it out in public.

Can I get the full Bish story on bouncer to game developer. Please include all interactions with mythical figures and stories of how you vanquished crazy ass mofos with your ban hammer

Shy

I need to rewatch Good Hair. Forgot the rest in the barber shop scene
i remember seeing chris rock talking about that, always meant to check it out.
because when i was teenager i was tired of not knowing what to do with my afro, i could never find a hair cut i liked and just use to gel it back. which didn't look good either.
so one day i decided to straighten my hair, and it didn't take after the first time so i did it two more times, and as a result of doing that i'm now virtually bald. :(

moral of the story fam, don't use that crap.

I drive by that place every day on my way to work. I'm legit shook anything of note was held there. Hell, I can't remember a time I've ever seen a damn car parked in the parking lot. Honestly looks like some janky bar that cartels would use in a movie.

20150111__fiestashooting~5.JPG

That shit look like a rundown convience store. Looking like a GTA3 strip club. Look like a palatte swap background building.

i remember seeing chris rock talking about that, always meant to check it out.
because when i was teenager i was tired of not knowing what to do with my afro, i could never find a hair cut i liked and just use to gel it back. which didn't look good either.
so one day i decided to straighten my hair, and it didn't take after the first time so i did it two more times, and as a result of doing that i'm now virtually bald. :(

moral of the story fam, don't use that crap.

i'm in the "I Don't Give a Fuck" section on Hair, I get my hair cut maybe 4 times a year

13 days. Longest im gonna go. I will get cut. I went 15 days and felt like I had wool on my head. Now I just realized i gotta find a barber when I get back home. Damn 15 years is a lifetime.

Brakke

Banned
Dear BCT,

Wassup with Labor? He walk away for real? That's too bad, I liked that dude. Someone mind dropping me a PM if a public post isn't appropriate? Thanks.

One love,
Brakke

i'm in the "I Don't Give a Fuck" section on Hair, I get my hair cut maybe 4 times a year

cTJAIzq.png

I used to be just like that a while ago, just grow out my hair until it gets on my nerves then go to any random ass barber and buzz it off. Then I let a white woman touch my hair, had my hairline looking like I just sold my soul to Babidi so I can defeat Goku. I smartened up after that.

Trey

cTJAIzq.png

I used to be just like that a while ago, just grow out my hair until it gets on my nerves then go to any random ass barber and buzz it off. Then I let a white woman touch my hair, had my hairline looking like I just sold my soul to Babidi so I can defeat Goku. I smartened up after that.

Sounds like a Slayven origin story. It's why he wears the mask.

Mortemis

Banned
cTJAIzq.png

When I was younger my Dad always took me to this barber who he was good friends with. Cuts were alright, I was able to go to school without someone calling out some nasty ass hairline. Shit was damn basic tho, and I was a middle schooler tryna stick out. I decide to stop going there and get myself a good cut, which ironically led my dumbass to some wack chain hair cut shop. Got sat down by some asian lady and I'm all ready to go. Shit was fucking horrifying, the day ended with me having a cuts all around my ears and a hairline looking like Vegeta and some yugioh character had a kid.

tl;dr: as GAF says, I'm not racist but fuck if I'll ever let an asian lady have anything sharp around my head ever again.

hi BCT just got activated today, so i thought i'd pop in and say hi as i've been lurking for a wee bit. hopefully i won't embarrass myself too much with all my terrible opinions.
it is cool for me to post in here right, i'm mixed race.

Where you're from - uk.
Where you live - London.
What is your age? - 34.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Father: egyptian. Mother: italian, irish and scotish.
Do you know your roots - no, sorry.
Favorite musical genre - jazz-hop, electronic music, film soundtracks and stuff that i'm too embarrassed to admit too.
Your profession/major/career interest - unemployed.
Your religious affiliation - agnostic.
Hobbies - games, films. what have you. ( sorry i'm not very good at this stuff )
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC, as we don't have those two other ones here in the uk that i know of. but the but the cheap brand X place round the corner from i where i live is quite nice.

Welcome fellow Londoner!

Nigga I'm dying over in L.A XXDXDXDXDXDXD

----

Bayo 2 is ballin as hell nuggas

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom