• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

People mad Goro is pre-order.

If you're getting the game day one why not pre-order?

I probably haven't been burned by a game in a long ass time and avoided all of the bs glitches last year so I'm not soured towards preordering just yet.

A) What if you aren't going to buy the game day 1? Even if you are hype, you may not want to or be able to pick up on launch day.

B) What if you don't want to tie down your money (however little it is) to a pre-order at a specific place?

C) The fighters of any fighting game are the meat and potatoes of the game - we aren't talking about costumes here. Pay-walling that shit for content that's ready to go day one is always bullshit from the consumer standpoint.

is the OS better in the N3DS? cause the old one ran like dogshit

I think its the same/similar software but it runs a lot better on the new 3DS.

A) What if you aren't going to buy the game day 1? Even if you are hype, you may not want to or be able to pick up on launch day.

B) What if you don't want to tie down your money (however little it is) to a pre-order at a specific place?

C) The fighters of any fighting game are the meat and potatoes of the game - we aren't talking about costumes here. Pay-walling that shit for content that's ready to go day one is always bullshit from the consumer standpoint.

All good points. I can see not wanting to pre-order but to completely deciding not to buy the game is a little much.

Malyse

Funnily enough, I've never used the CPP, nor did I feel like I needed one in either KH or RE:R. Still want that New 3DS XL though.

Looking for an "Ain't Shit 2015" nomination, huh?
That's because you didn't know. Significantly improved experience.

I only dislike it because its the worst game in the Xeno series and has markedly worst storytelling and its not fun to play, unlike Last Story.

Kung Lao looks fucking vicious.

image.php

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Silky ballin'.
I only dislike it because its the worst game in the Xeno series and has markedly worst storytelling and its not fun to play, unlike Last Story.
Only DreamyDrop would be in here telling people X game has the worst storytelling and then trying to rep Kingdom Hearts in the exact same breath.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's because you didn't know. Significantly improved experience.

That sounds like such a bad reason to dislike a game. Let em stand on their own.

Malyse

Only DreamyDrop would be in here telling people X game has the worst storytelling and then trying to rep Kingdom Hearts in the exact same breath.
I like KH because its manic and convoluted. I don't think the story is good. In fact, there are very very few games with good story. The Longest Journey/Dreamfall is the only one that immediately comes to mind.
That sounds like such a bad reason to dislike a game. Let em stand on their own.
Bad storytelling and not fun is a bad reason to dislike a game? K.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gears=Saga>Last Story>Blade

Gears of War is definitely the best of that list. SaGa games were bunk though.

Jesus CHRIST I got every game on that list wrong, I even thought Last Blade. Which is dope.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hated Gears single player/online but loved horde with people in the room. Good party game.

I loved everything about Gears. Man...Gears 3 is one of the most dense content value games out there. Everything in every scenario.

Malyse

Jesus CHRIST I got every game on that list wrong, I even thought Last Blade. Which is dope.
Jesus, that wasn't a joke?

Never played Xenoblade because the combat system didn't look like something I'd enjoy. Last Story was my shit, though.
The combat was awful. The story was understandably rushed. The last two times they tried to tell a Xeno story they got cut off: Saga was truncated and a lot of the 4,5,6 reveals were added in 3 and Gears barely finished a single disc; disc two was almost all text dumps. With Blade they told everyone's story completely all at once. Story spoilers:
For example, the Melia romance would had had more weight if we had had more time showing why she loved Shulk. And Fiona's return would have been a big deal if she had been dead for an entire game.
Plus having a massive world with impressive views does nothing for me when it's otherwise devoid of content.

The Last Story was garbage. I don't remember anything from thst game.

Pandora's Tower was the best
If you don't remember, how do you know it was garbage instead of mediocre?

strobogo

Banned
Looks meh.
Which would be a significant improvement from Xenoblade.

I'm sorry the child in your heart is dead. I hope you can find happiness someday.

KH is 100% garbage. Want to experience the wonderful world of Disney? Do so as this goober:

200px-Sora_KHHD.png

250px-Sora_(KHIIFM)_KHIIHD.png

kingdom_hearts_sora_generations_by_9029561-d6qm9hx.png

And get the added addition of garbage Final Fantasy angst and horrible story that makes no sense and ruins the fun of being able to hang out in Agrabah.

Sora is absolutely the worst thing about Kingdom Hearts.

Anyone else as the main character would have been an improvement. Except Kairi.

That said, I do like the series.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, that wasn't a joke?

Well the Xeno-everything series is complete shit. Xenogears being the best of the worst. Xenosaga is warmed over dogshit on every single level. Complete garbage.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sorry you hate fun and have no joy in your life. May you find peace.

-----

Yooo!
tumblr_mqebqo1der1qzp9weo1_1280.gif

Number three is coming!

But you have terrible taste in pretty much everything. Every time you make a post about a band or show or game, all I can think of is how weird it must be to naturally gravitate towards garbage.

harSon

Banned
Long as the promoter has the dosh, artists will show. I had Run DMC, Ice T, Blu Cantrell, all sorts of acts come through the nightclub back when I was bouncing. Got a good Run story but I'm not going to put it out in public.

This wasn't the original venue. It was a last minute change. Neighborhood is shady as hell and they got some old Mexican dude with a hot dog cart out front. Shit is beyond struggle.

Silky

Banned
If you don't remember, how do you know it was garbage instead of mediocre?

TLS is one of those games where adding an assortment of mechanics doesn't work at all, especially if those mechanics aren't refined enough to be enjoyable. Stealth is bunk, shooting is bunk, some of the RTS stuff doesn't work like it should. It doesn't feel satisfying to play in regards to the combat and story is essentially nonexistent.

A huge disappointment coming off of Lost Odyssey.

--

Sora /is/ the worst. Roxas, Ventus, Aqua are much better protagonists than that loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom