• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TLS is one of those games where adding an assortment of mechanics doesn't work at all, especially if those mechanics aren't refined enough to be enjoyable. Stealth is bunk, shooting is bunk, some of the RTS stuff doesn't work like it should. It doesn't feel satisfying to play in regards to the combat and story is essentially nonexistent.

A huge disappointment coming off of Lost Odyssey.

--

Sora /is/ the worst. Roxas, Ventus, Aqua are much better protagonists than that loser.

Lost Odyssey is so goddddddddaaaaaaammnnnnnnnnn good

Malyse

Is it? Or are you just not self aware enough to know that you like bad things?

"I don't like it so it's garbage" You sound like a child, you petulant impotent cynical fuckboy. I'm not going nor do I remotely need to to make excuses for liking things. Now, take whatever unwarranted self importance that makes you think you have the right to be the arbiter of taste and quality and kick rocks.

As-salamu alaykum.

TLS is one of those games where adding an assortment of mechanics doesn't work at all, especially if those mechanics aren't refined enough to be enjoyable. Stealth is bunk, shooting is bunk, some of the RTS stuff doesn't work like it should. It doesn't feel satisfying to play in regards to the combat and story is essentially nonexistent.

A huge disappointment coming off of Lost Odyssey.

I had fun with it. GJ justifying your complaints.

----

Does everyone really dislike Sora? I find him refreshing in a Zidane type way: no angst on him.

strobogo

Banned
"I don't like it so it's garbage" You sound like a child, you petulant impotent cynical fuckboy. I'm not going nor do I remotely need to to make excuses for liking things. Now, take whatever unwarranted self importance that makes you think you have the right to be the arbiter of taste and quality and kick rocks.

As-salamu alaykum.

Well, if you would just like better things, you wouldn't be so prone to anger and thread making.

Malyse

Well, if you would just like better things, you wouldn't be so prone to anger and thread making.

I'm not angry, I'm just realizing how pathetic you are and that I need not consider your opinion in any matter. That's disappointing; I generally hold this thread in high regard. Oh and the threads I make just show that I've an inquisitive nature. I like knowing things. I'm certain that's a foreign concept to you: both in "liking" and in "knowing things".

strobogo

Banned
I'm not angry, I'm just realizing how pathetic you are and that I need not consider your opinion in any matter. Oh and the threads just show that I've an inquisitive nature. I like knowing things. I'm certain that's a foreign concept to you: both in "liking" and in "knowing things".

This is true. Much like G-Fex, I like nothing and know even less. But in the event that I do make a thread, I don't make bait ones and try to be knowledgeable about the topic before I post it, and then don't get mad when people don't agree with my initial statement.

Onemic

Goddamn, DD chill. You goin way too deep in the paint.

...not that it's my business tho

kermit-lipton-hed-2013.jpg

Malyse

You like what you like, no need to get hot about it
I'm not, but
But you have terrible taste in pretty much everything. Every time you make a post about a band or show or game, all I can think of is how weird it must be to naturally gravitate towards garbage.
Is just insulting for the sole purpose of being insulting. He obviously wanted a confrontation, so I gave him one. No worries BCT. I'm officially done with responding to strobogo.

KumaJG

Did I miss something? When did people get mad at preorders? Maybe I am messing something but isn't it optional to preorder games?

strobogo

Banned
I'm not, but

Is just insulting for the sole purpose of being insulting. He obviously wanted a confrontation, so I gave him one. No worries BCT. I'm officially done with responding to strobogo.

Oh. You mean like 80% of this thread? Always funny until it happens to you, I guess.

I'm ootl, can you give me a rundown?

Basically:
- They finally get Steve to listen to the Illuminati
- Namor, Beast and Reed agree to turn themselves in, but when Steve asks T'Challa, he says "absolutely not."
- The Illuminati's plan involves getting the entire Cabal to a blue incursion and destroying the other planet
- Namor is to get them there, set the bomb and then leave
- As Namor is escaping, T'Challa comes up to him and stabs him in the heart with the blade his sister gave him
- Black Bolt screams at Namor, throwing him off the platform and back onto the alternate Earth
- T'Challa gives Namor a few minutes to come to his senses, then blows up the other planet, killing Namor and the Cabal

akira28

As-salamu alaykum.

----

Does everyone really dislike Sora? I find him refreshing in a Zidane type way: no angst on him.

yeah I hate Sora pretty good. Design hurts my eyes. dude is literally clown-shoes.

edit: I don't even care that it was spoiled, even though I should have read the posts before blindly clicking on spoiler tags...(i mean who actually uses those to cover up spoilers anymore?)
Anyway T'challa wrote that check and deposited that payback too, like I knew he would. I only wish I was there to see it.

Slayven

T'Chaka:"A real man would have handled his business..."

T'Challa:"Pops I got this..."

*20 pages later*

T'Chaka:"I said Goddamn. You didn't have to snatch a bloodline like that, damn...."

Slayven

I love that all the super geniuses were out there bickering like old church women, messaging their brain peens. The true Kings were out there handling business, settling debts, and balancing the books.

That no charger N3DS business is as stupid as it comes.

I don't get why it's so hard to include one. Sure, a lot of people are upgrading and will already have a charger from their previous 3DS, but what about people who are making this their first purchase? Especially kids who's parents might not want to hear that they need to buy more things for a single handheld.

Slayven

That no charger N3DS business is as stupid as it comes.

I don't get why it's so hard to include one. Sure, a lot of people are upgrading and will already have a charger from their previous 3DS, but what about people who are making this their first purchase? Especially kids who's parents might not want to hear that they need to buy more things for a single handheld.
Wouldn't be a problem if they used a standard charger. Everybody should use USB/Micro USB

Trey

I never knew the limits of fanatics until some person in the N3DS thread praised Nintendo for this move by saying the lack of new chargers will save the environment by using less plastic.

Malyse

I don't hate Sora... he's just not very special.
That's the whole point though. Sora isn't special. He's just an ordinary dull kid. Nomura intends him to be a person that any one of us could be. Totally normal.

As for the character design, it was Sion Barzahd + Mickey Mouse.
I never knew the limits of fanatics until some person in the N3DS thread praised Nintendo for this move by saying the lack of new chargers will save the environment by using less plastic.
Wat.
The is true.

" he's the special chosen one"

" Now watch as riku now solves everything ,"

Not special, just the chosen one. As in literally chosen by the keyblade to wield it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom