• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTHERFUCKER THAT IS WHY BLACK PANTHER IS HNIC.

Goddamn you Hickman, you wonderful bastard. Goddamn you

image.jpg

besides fishsticks getting bodied this was the best part of the whole thing, old ass steve need to chill

Can you guys help me find an album? I can't remember the title / artist for the life of me. I know it had a playlist uploaded to soundcloud in the week of 18-24 august 2013. It was mostly rap and the opening track almost sounded like it was sampling the very beginning of Green and Blue, which gave way to choir, low pipe organ notes, crunchy percussion FX and eventually a deep gliding sub-bass. Later on in the album a harpsichord got featured a few times, and I think a marimba was used in one of the final tracks.

Slayven

Thread title says don't lurk.

Don't know what to contribute to the thread...
Post anything, everybody else in this thread already do.

I had put that lame asshole on ignore for bragging about giving a delivery guy exact change. I can't stand motherfuckers like that.
Hate folks that go out of their way to be assholes.

Anita Sarkeesian on Nightline talking about GamerGate threats:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/feels-gamergate-target-28238598
They mad?
Somebody to soak damage if the bullets start flying?

Actually, that particular guy? Yes. He's got a history of saying shit and for popping a pseudo Nazi salute.
What do you think of TBGWT's new segment "Baller Alert"? I always heard rumors, but damn.

besides fishsticks getting bodied this was the best part of the whole thing, old ass steve need to chill

I bet Black Bolt watches BP fuck Medusa on some cuckold shit.

strobogo

Banned
Does Professor X's dick work when he's in the wheel chair?

Would someone like to start a Mexican/Creole/fried chicken restaurant with me?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tax RETURNS? Money BACK? Man, I've owed every single year. Last year I owed about $2k, which is an improvement - I keep tweaking it each year to get it closer to $0. Always shoot for $0.

Black Bolt looks shook

----------
brehs i got a confession to make i really like Civil War so much so i only bought crossover event comics, this was back in like sophmore year of highschool tho.

fuck One More Day

Same here on the Civil War tip. For me it was only 6th grade though

Slayven

Glad folks are getting excited about comics, but I am going to need them to read them first before speaking definitively on them.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Some rich mofos in here having to owe taxes. I've always gotten a refund but I guess that outs me as part of the struggle community college & <20k a year club. My day will come soon enough.

jmood88

The blatant double standard in that French comedian thread is both laughable and sad. People who were all about "free speech" are upset now that someone said something that they found offensive.

link

Malyse

Tax RETURNS? Money BACK? Man, I've owed every single year. Last year I owed about $2k, which is an improvement - I keep tweaking it each year to get it closer to $0. Always shoot for $0.
Contract work sucks.
Black Bolt looks shook

----------
brehs i got a confession to make i really like Civil War so much so i only bought crossover event comics, this was back in like sophmore year of highschool tho.

fuck One More Day
I think we made it clear earlier that its okay to like what you like.

Onemic

The blatant double standard in that French comedian thread is both laughable and sad. People who were all about "free speech" are upset now that someone said something that they found offensive.

link

Except that hate speech isnt considered free speech in France. So theres that

Onemic

Nah, there is a double standard. Cause some of those Charlie cartoons........ smh

Some of the cartoons are dumb as fuck, but you really cant equate that with a dude that's essentially endorsing the mass murder of people all in the name of being offended at cartoon covers. One is arguably offensive for the sake of it and the other can straight up be considered hate speech. They're really not the same.

Kreed

link

Not surprising since France doesn't actually have "free speech". Racial slurs for example will get you fines over there (I remember there was a news story on if Kanye and Jay-Z would get in trouble for performing Niggas in Paris in Paris for the first time).

Some of the cartoons are dumb as fuck, but you really cant equate that with a dude that's essentially endorsing the mass murder of people all in the name of being offended at cartoon covers. One is arguably offensive for the sake of it and the other can straight up be considered hate speech. They're really not the same.

Don't tell Mike breezy that

jmood88

Except that hate speech isnt considered free speech in France. So theres that
Except I'm not talking about the law in France, I'm talking about posters who advocated for the right for people to offend without any consequences but vigorously support limits on speech they deem hateful. People who said that the cartoons offended them were shouted down and ridiculed in every thread about the cartoons but a comedian saying something stupid is too much "free speech" for them.

Not surprising since France doesn't actually have "free speech". Racial slurs for example will get you fines over there (I remember there was a news story on if Kanye and Jay-Z would get in trouble for performing Niggas in Paris in Paris for the first time).
I didn't mean the reaction from France, I was referring to the posters in that thread. We've gotten a lot of "I'll defend your right to say anything, no matter who it offends" stuff since the attack but, as usual, once there's the possibility of white people getting offended, that's thrown out the window.

Onemic

Except I'm not talking about the law in France, I'm talking about posters who advocated for the right for people to offend without any consequences but vigorously support limits on speech they deem hateful. People who said that the cartoons offended them were shouted down and ridiculed in every thread about the cartoons but a comedian saying something stupid is too much "free speech" for them.

I didn't mean the reaction from France, I was referring to the posters in that thread. We've gotten a lot of "I'll defend your right to say anything, no matter who it offends" stuff since the attack but, as usual, once there's the possibility of white people getting offended, that's thrown out the window.

Naw breh. It's once you start supporting murder, it gets thrown out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom