• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not apparent to the lurkers, IMO. Look at how many people post once and never show up again.

In fact, I just ask. If you are lurking and see this post, shoot me a pm as to why you don't hop in the discussion. Or you can post it in the thread if you feel like it.

I do not know what the lurkers think. The only lurkers that usually jump in (in the time that I've been here) have literally come in to pick a fight. Or to defend someone else.

We are a black community - "I can't relate" has been used as an excuse so many times already, and you think that's not possibly a reason here? Just that they're afraid of "tension"? I've got to disagree with you, Demi.

Depends on if he can get the next SWS out before GGC launches.

It will get there when it gets there

Not apparent to the lurkers, IMO. Look at how many people post once and never show up again.

In fact, I just ask. If you are lurking and see this post, shoot me a pm as to why you don't hop in the discussion. Or you can post it in the thread if you feel like it.

You ain't on the list; you have to make a rival team.

I'm not sure we should alter the tone of our conversations based on what potential lurkers think. The thread hasn't (in the time that I've lurked/posted here) jumped down anyone's throat who wasn't a) being stupid or b) Jandro. Every time someone has come with a serious question/topic, it gets discussed.
Then we make horse jokes.

Malyse

I do not know what the lurkers think. The only lurkers that usually jump in (in the time that I've been here) have literally come in to pick a fight. Or to defend someone else.

We are a black community - "I can't relate" has been used as an excuse so many times already, and you think that's not possibly a reason here? Just that they're afraid of "tension"? I've got to disagree with you, Demi.
I don't entirely disagree that that's part of the reason, but it's not like we don't have white regulars, nor is it that we exclusively talk black issues. I'm more referring to the folks who post for a few pages and then just dip the fuck out. Like, you can literally go to page one and see brand new (ish) peeps mixing it up only to see them drop out a few pages later. I'm not talking about the people who track from thread to thread (shout out to my fan club; appreciate you constantly thinking bout me) just looking fit an argument to have.
I'm not sure we should alter the tone of our conversations based on what potential lurkers think. The thread hasn't (in the time that I've lurked/posted here) jumped down anyone's throat who wasn't a) being stupid or b) Jandro. Every time someone has come with a serious question/topic, it gets discussed.
Then we make horse jokes.
Well, I wanted to talk about Selma and I immediately got:
But so did the scene where Jafar got the lamp away from Aladdin.

Also, I just brought up another topic a few posts ago.

prod_vienna_sausage_original_5oz.jpg
that with some oil and a frying pan and maybe some bread... yea boioooiii!

I don't entirely disagree that that's part of the reason, but it's not like we don't have white regulars, nor is it that we exclusively talk black issues. I'm more referring to the folks who post for a few pages and then just dip the fuck out. Like, you can literally go to page one and see brand new (ish) peeps mixing it up only to see them drop out a few pages later. I'm not talking about the people who track from thread to thread (shout out to my fan club; appreciate you constantly thinking bout me) just looking fit an argument to have.

As someone who seems to fit your description of posting a few times then dipping out for long periods, personally, that's because I don't post unless I feel I have something to add to the discussion whatever it may be at the moment.

I can't speak for others but I know that most of the jokes are just jokes and it's apart of how some of yall relate to each other. It doesn't intimidate me or anything like that. I will say, for the sake of honesty, that the discussion does occasionally turn to topics that I have no desire to even read but I chalk that up to what it is. Differing interests. I just wait for "the cycle" to move past it. No different than what I would do in any other thread.

Malyse

As someone who seems to fit your description of posting a few times then dipping out for long periods, personally, that's because I don't post unless I feel I have something to add to the discussion whatever it may be at the moment.

I can't speak for others but I know that most of the jokes are just jokes and it's apart of how some of yall relate to each other. It doesn't intimidate me or anything like that. I will say, for the sake of honesty, that the discussion does occasionally turn to topics that I have no desire to even read but I chalk that up to what it is. Differing interests. I just wait for "the cycle" to move past it. No different than what I would do in any other thread.
Fair enough.
post more!

ReiGun

I'd be happy to help with production / mastering, I already do a podcast that covers Halo stuff roughly every other month or so

The BCT Got Gamecast

feat.
MWS Natural - The leader
Trey - The lancer
Fyre - The smart guy
Imm0rt4l - The big guy
Royalan - The chick
Sub - The one I can relate to
I'd get in on this. I've been thinking about doing a podcast for a while, but I have no idea where to start.

RP912

Banned
As far as posting on here....

I don't really care for anime but watch a few, I haven't read a comic since The Watchman, and I don't care for some of the memes that's suppose to get a chuckle out of me. Other than that, I do my best to contribute something new because on some real shit...I don't fit in the "cycle".

Anywho...that Lupe tho!

Sub already tryna copy TVTropes layout. Gonna get the podcast shut down before it even starts.

Meanwhile Moris is sitting there letting SWS rot, barely got a job like tommy's ass

Malyse

As far as posting on here....

I don't really care for anime but watch a few, I haven't read a comic since The Watchman, and I don't care for some of the memes that's suppose to get a chuckle out of me. Other than that, I do my best to contribute something new because on some real shit...I don't fit in the "cycle".

Anywho...that Lupe tho!

The cycle can be altered.
remember the homolympics?

Right, but how often do those people post to begin with? Many of those people introduce themselves with "I've been lurking for a while" or "I didn't know there was a black culture thread." New people are never greeted with animosity or hate (save for that one chick, smh), so they really wouldn't have a reason to think badly of us.

Didn't have to Avengers 40 nobody?

Nope, lol. Smooth sailing. Tomorrow will be another story.

Just had one of the most even Smash battles of my life. My Kirby vs dude's Marth. He friend requested me afterwards. Maybe I should stream myself playing For Glory...

That's the shit that always gets me. Flying the flag of a losing team.
Wave that L bitch..fly it high! Bunch of idiots.
I mean, I see those shitty flags often (and there is never a time I don't want to deface them) but damn we can't have nothing.
No, Demi..we can't.

Have a good friend in Alabama who got up and left breakfast some of years ago today..his in-law started on the "We celebrate Robert E. Lee day here." He's not the type of white person that takes that shit lightly, and has a terrible temper lol..

Malyse

Wave that L bitch..fly it high! Bunch of idiots.

No, Demi..we can't.

Have a good friend in Alabama who got up and left breakfast some of years ago today..his in-law started on the "We celebrate Robert E. Lee day here." He's not the type of white person that takes that shit lightly, and has a terrible temper lol..

I am 99% that I would flip the god damned table over. Even if it was bolted to the ground, I would superman that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom