• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

When we aren't joking about it, banned members get told how long they've been banned for in a notification. In the case of Silky, if you go back a page or two you'll see we were discussing what he said on his Twitter and what he says was in his ban message.
But what if silky is trolling us by lying about it being a perma?

Inception.Gif.

Bad posting? I'm not sure how I survived this long. Hope he make it back but it would be kinda funny of a joke.

I'd hate to ask for picoritdidnthappen.gif

Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to be leaving GAF soon. I realize I spend too much time on here and not enough time living life, traveling, spending money, etc. I'll probably lurk though. This coming week will probably be my last week then I'll ask a mod to ban my account.

I'll pop back up during E3 (might even attend this year).

harSon

Banned
Honestly, the only reason I've even stayed this long is the fact that I need something to do during my free time at work. I pretty much disappeared during my college years.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Agreed, things are just going to get more busy from here on out. I reckon it's time to hit the road pretty soon.

Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to be leaving GAF soon. I realize I spend too much time on here and not enough time living life, traveling, spending money, etc. I'll probably lurk though. This coming week will probably be my last week then I'll ask a mod to ban my account.

yeah I need to start getting right in life. Might be time to move on.

Planned to dial back gaf shit for a while now and have done so, posts have gone down a good bit.

See you guys tuesday.

Yeah, with the massive workload college is giving me on top of juggling work, I'm probably going to be taking an extended hiatus from GAF pretty soon. Seems like it's about that time, anyway.

just kidding, i'm an art major

I find that I lurk GAF more than I post these days, anyway. I was more active a few years ago; made it to walls of shame on various sub-groups here, probably here in BlackGAF too, but those days are behind me.

AfroMW

Your posting habits have always been stable.

Dgg7u7Z.jpg

RedSwirl

Shit E3 is when I stay away from forums.

And BCT has been an oasis of smart conversation on the internet for me.

Trey

For everyone leaving to pursue greater control over their life or other such reasons, this thread will always be here for you to come back to and kick your feet up.

You hit me hard with that one and dosh damn, errybody leaving. I understand posting less, but altogether?

Also, do any of the rest of ya work in the tv, film, book, or game industries?

I've been working on a book for the past 5 months...and my friend started her own publishing company in Korea if that counts. Well I should say IS starting her publishing company, I'm working on the branding for them. They've got two authors thus far.

Shit E3 is when I stay away from forums.

And BCT has been an oasis of smart conversation on the internet for me.

Word to the second.

What are you? 50?

jWILL253

Banned
You hit me hard with that one and dosh damn, errybody leaving. I understand posting less, but altogether?

Also, do any of the rest of ya work in the tv, film, book, or game industries?

Part of it is circumstance, part of it is the site itself.

IMO, I think a lot of the site's users think this thread is a blight on the forum. Gets lurked on a lot, and laughed at either in other threads, or in other forums like Reddit.

Plus, it seems that many people don't want to discuss real issues in gaming or real life unless it affects White people in some way.

Combine that with the general hyperbole and outright shilling that comes with Gaming Side and the abrasive approach to moderation, and it comes off as a site that isn't very inviting or welcoming to certain types of people.

IMO, anyways.

I've been working on a book for the past 5 months...and my friend started her own publishing company in Korea if that counts. Well I should say IS starting her publishing company, I'm working on the branding for them. They've got two authors thus far.

You think she could hook a brother up with a job? I've written two novels.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
whats a good free to play mmo?

LOTRO if you want a well-executed standard WoW-type MMO. Way, WAY better if you actually care about the LOTR fiction.

Path of Exile and Marvel Heroes are good if you like Diablo-style games. PoE seems to have more gameplay depth, Marvel is more accessible.

Vindictus is good if you like a more action-y, mission based structure.

If you like pre-Abrams Star Trek a lot and are willing to put up with pretty bad ground combat, the space combat in Star Trek Online is fun.

The Old Republic is pretty good if you want some story stuff in your MMO.

edit: yo what da fuck is going on in here?

Kreed

For everyone leaving to pursue greater control over their life or other such reasons, this thread will always be here for you to come back to and kick your feet up.

And don't let your pride get in the way. We know some of you spent a lot of time typing up Mumei tier essays saying you're never coming back, but just remember we don't remember anything past the last two pages anyway, so feel free to come back like nothing happened.

And don't let your pride get in the way. We know some of you spent a lot of time typing up Mumei tier essays saying you're never coming back, but just remember we don't remember anything past the last two pages anyway, so feel free to come back like nothing happened.

Writing long essays is fun, having your haters come out the woodworks when you make the thread is even better.

You speak Korean? That's kind very important at this moment in her company's life.
I should've figured that before I asked you, but nope. All I know is a little Spanish from the 10+ years I've taken it.

I'm making decent bank with my film major :D

Have you been graduated or are you talking theoretically because my degree is within the same field and I ain't got shit right now?

Part of it is circumstance, part of it is the site itself.

IMO, I think a lot of the site's users think this thread is a blight on the forum. Gets lurked on a lot, and laughed at either in other threads, or in other forums like Reddit.

Plus, it seems that many people don't want to discuss real issues in gaming or real life unless it affects White people in some way.

Combine that with the general hyperbole and outright shilling that comes with Gaming Side and the abrasive approach to moderation, and it comes off as a site that isn't very inviting or welcoming to certain types of people.

IMO, anyways.
I can sort of agree about the black topics thing. I made this thread about this black hair video and not a single response while a thread with the white one got a good bit of pages.

I should've figured that before I asked you, but nope. All I know is a little Spanish from the 10+ years I've taken it.

Damn, you should be fluent as hell bruh D:

Unfortunately my friend wouldn't be able to use you. She's not trying to make inroads into American publishing any time soon. She just secured her small business loan in Dec.

Kreed

Writing long essays is fun, having your haters come out the woodworks when you make the thread is even better.

When you have a sub forum of GAFers throwing away accounts they waited months to have activated just for the chance to take a shot at you for making a spin off topic...there's got to be some other word we can use besides hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom