• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
B8IlXRHIgAAou8_.jpg

royalan

Yeah, that's the kind of shit that sounds really good on Tumblr, but just comes off really freaking narcissistic in practice.

But hey, I mean...do you.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Idk about having a whole fake wedding to myself but I respect the gesture. It's bucking the stereotype that you need to be with another person to be celebrated. Woman get a lot more pressure about being single too. Maybe just have a you day instead of marrying yourself though. Honestly I hope marriage disappears altogether in the future.

andthebeatgoeson

What took this dude so long to realize this shit?
It looked like he challenged it in the past, 'reasons', another case was won where you can challenge the claim if the infringement continues, probably a lawyer showed up, like, 'we gonna get paid dawg'.

I ain't mad. A lawyer show up at my house thinking we could get paid, I'm going to listen.

royalan

Idk about having a whole fake wedding to myself but I respect the gesture. It's bucking the stereotype that you need to be with another person to be celebrated. Woman get a lot more pressure about being single too.

But the thing is, if you love yourself...just go fucking love yourself.

Throwing a mock wedding just to celebrate YOU? Just so you can stand in front of a group of people and say "I LOVE ME!" Ch...Girl, I ain't shelling out money for that.

Trey

Yeah I kind of feel out because you bounce all over the place doing quests. Got annoying. Just let me load up on quests in one spot and go.

Guild Wars 2 is such ass. I don't understand the appeal. PVE is like nonexistent.

The game is designed around dynamic events, not hearts. I don't know how the new player leveling experience is nowadays - I imagine most of the player base just sticks to the meta world events while the other lesser events are left to whatever schmuck is going through the zone.

It also doesn't help that the game doesn't really give you a sense of direction. It just plops you in the world and says "get on with it, nigga. Do what you feel." This is understandably confusing for the new player, especially since the lower levelled game world is nowhere close to as populated as it was at launch.

What servers are you guys on?

That's for the honeymoon, obviously. :)

ohohoho

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I honestly don't understand the concept of marriage.
Idk I'm slow on the whole relationship thing in general.

Trey

I honestly don't understand the concept of marriage.
Idk I'm slow on the whole relationship thing in general.

It's held up as the ultimate expression of love and commitment. It also has practical benefits. It's expected from any couple who are together a long time.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It's held up as the ultimate expression of love and commitment. It also has practical benefits. It's expected from any couple who are together a long time.

I might have worded that too strong.
I just meant that the married couples that I know always seem unhappy.

Yeah, I know I'm late to this but:

Anthony "Falcon" Mackie is talking respectability politics bullshit about people wearing dreads...while Cap Falcon is on a comic cover with the dread wearing No Flex Zone kids?

smh

Slayven

Yeah, I know I'm late to this but:

Anthony "Falcon" Mackie is talking respectability politics bullshit about people wearing dreads...while Cap Falcon is on a comic cover with the dread wearing No Flex Zone kids?

smh

I use to like the dude. It sounds even worse when you listen to the interview.

Kreed

I might have worded that too strong.
I just meant that the married couples that I know always seem unhappy.

That's because too many people get married because it's what you're "supposed to do", vs doing it because they actually want to and like the idea. When both people really want to get married and are committed to the concept and putting effort into it, it works. When you get married because you're "at marrying age" or some other goal on a check list like buying your first house, you're setting you and your partner up for failure.

Trey

That's because too many people get married because it's what you're "supposed to do", vs doing it because they actually want to and like the idea. When both people really want to get married and are committed to the concept and putting effort into it, it works. When you get married because you're "at marrying age" or some other goal on a check list like buying your first house, you're setting you and your partner up for failure.

Even then it's dubious. A lot of folks don't understand that humans change all that time. Every day. Think about what you liked 10 years ago vs what you like today. Think about all the people you will find attractive for the rest of your life. Think about how much you're gonna want to accomplish on your own. Think about how easily trust can be lost between two people. Think about how society is set up to push people into marriage and long term commitments before they've even mentally matured.

People can make it work. It's happened. But humans are notorious for not planning for the future. As a species, we're just not as good at it as we pretend to be. See: energy crisis/global warming, wealth gap, et cetera.

Trey

After seeing GG last night I don't even want to think of marriage. Fuck all of that

Get Married Brehs, indeed

That's like me watching Snakes on a Plane or Lost and never traveling by air again. I don't think that was the major takeaway of the movie, fam. lol

Gorillaz

That's like me watching Snakes on a Plane or Lost and never traveling by air again. I don't think that was the major takeaway of the movie, fam. lol
I know but...shit had me
wow.png

There was something even more attractive about Amy when the twist happened and she went all manipulative, like I can't even blame Affleck for staying in the end.Her ride or die attitude was sexy......I might be romantically challenged brehs

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Gorillaz attracted to the crazy chicks...been there done that. They'll be the death of you, I guarantee it.

Even then it's dubious. A lot of folks don't understand that humans change all that time. Every day. Think about what you liked 10 years ago vs what you like today. Think about all the people you will find attractive for the rest of your life. Think about how much you're gonna want to accomplish on your own. Think about how easily trust can be lost between two people. Think about how society is set up to push people into marriage and long term commitments before they've even mentally matured.

People can make it work. It's happened. But humans are notorious for not planning for the future. As a species, we're just not as good at it as we pretend to be. See: energy crisis/global warming, wealth gap, et cetera.
This makes a lot of sense and really sums up how I feel about marriage. I just don't see any real benefit beyond taxes. I feel like people are just brainwashed into thinking they need a ceremony and a dress and vows and thousands of dollars to feel like the relationship is serious and secure. A check marked box like Kreed was saying.

Going to go ahead and disclaimer all of this by saying that I know this is the typical young man's rant so maybe I'll change my views later on after my 20s are over (will be exactly half way to thirty in March). Additionally I'm not remotely religious so I accept that is a big part of it for many people that I'm not considering either.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just saw Winter Solider recently too. I ignored it when it was in theaters because I didn't like the first Cap movie all that much. Definitely won't make that mistake again.

DominoKid

I know but...shit had me
wow.png

There was something even more attractive about Amy when the twist happened and she went all manipulative, like I can't even blame Affleck for staying in the end.Her ride or die attitude was sexy......I might be romantically challenged brehs

ben wasn't attracted to her at the end. the dude couldn't leave or he'd be ruined. and ol dude was shit scared of her.

Trey

I just saw Winter Solider recently too. I ignored it when it was in theaters because I didn't like the first Cap movie all that much. Definitely won't make that mistake again.

The fight choreography was so damn good. It's almost my favorite marvel movie based on that alone.

strobogo

Banned
The Winter Solider is on a whole different level from all of the other Marvel movies. Neoxon backed the wrong Marvel horse in 2014.

Shit good as a motherfuck huh? I want to watch it again. I don't know why Avengers is the only Marvel movie on Netflix.

Edit: Wait, Mya is a stripper now???

I know but...shit had me
wow.png

Yea, you're broken....but I get it lol.

At one point I hadda slap myself out of, 'Ben just needs to shape up and then he's set' cause she straight up murdered a man to get her scheme back on track.

Her ride or die mentality wasn't typical, it was we ride or you die.

Guardians of the Galaxy was average at best It was Avengers in space but even weaker (which wasn't that great in the first place). Pile on the hate.

At least Cap2 was better.

Didn't some of those jokes feel forced to you? Gamora had to be the weakest character out of the group. Dave Bautista outshone her.

Trey

I know but...shit had me
wow.png

man fuck all that.
I would've went and got the other homeboy from the beginning who had the false rape perpetrated against him, allied with the police girl who thought shit didn't add up, and blown this crazy lady the fuck in. I'm talking scorched earth type stuff, forget her celebrity. You can poke holes all throughout her story. Call brother Perry back into the state and we'd get this show on the road. And I'm taking custody of the possible demon spawn growing within her, feeding on her dark energy.

Gorillaz

ben wasn't attracted to her at the end. the dude couldn't leave or he'd be ruined. and ol dude was shit scared of her.

Yea, you're broken....but I get it lol.

At one point I hadda slap myself out of, 'Ben just needs to shape up and then he's set' cause she straight up murdered a man to get her scheme back on track.

Her ride or die mentality wasn't typical, it was we ride or you die.
I was half joking with the ride or die shit since
he almost ended up with death penalty. and I know he would rather weather the storm of a kid then to see the whole world hate him or worse. But she looked good in the short cut. It might be just the short hair cut that got me.....idk

Tyler Perry was a surprise too.

man fuck all that.
I would've went and got the other homeboy from the beginning who had the false rape perpetrated against him, allied with the police girl who thought shit didn't add up, and blown this crazy lady the fuck in. I'm talking scorched earth type stuff, forget her celebrity. You can poke holes all throughout her story. Call brother Perry back into the state and we'd get this show on the road. And I'm taking custody of the possible demon spawn growing within her, feeding on her dark energy.
that cop lady ain't shit her and her gossip girl of a sidechick need to be given eternal L's for the whole thing

akira28

group shot of women who won't be married for a while.

The Winter Solider is on a whole different level from all of the other Marvel movies.

I agree. They finally learned which is good. Now lets see where they can take it. Problem is, they fuck up the comics. I don't know if the comic is made with a storyboard cinematic in mind, but it feels like someone got pulled into a meeting. Because I can read a book and see all the splash graphics and pacing and deliberate useless set piecing without speech, and know that it was meant to mimic a movie experience, thus making it easy to transition over cleanly.

And we all know that movie adaptation comics were the worst of the worst. (Swamp Thing being the exception)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom