• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaguely understand Kingdom Hearts, but I cannot explain it. Soon as we got time travel I was sort of just "eh, fuck it."

Long story short,
a lot of shit needed to happen to reform the X-blade and open the true Kingdom Hearts. Warriors of light and warriors of darkness, keyblade war, blah blah blah.

Malyse

I vaguely understand Kingdom Hearts, but I cannot explain it. Soon as we got time travel I was sort of just "eh, fuck it."

Long story short,
a lot of shit needed to happen to reform the X-blade and open the true Kingdom Hearts. Warriors of light and warriors of darkness, keyblade war, blah blah blah.
Even simpler than that. An old man wants to know what would happen in the balance of light and dark reaches equilibrium and sets a number of schemes in motion to find out.

Kingdom Hearts story is
Sora wanted to give Kairi the keys to the range, but she was a princess in disguise. Then Disney and Final Fantasy jumped in and got everybody high

Kingdom Hearts story is
Sora wanted to give Kairi the keys to the range, but she was a princess in disguise. Then Disney and Final Fantasy jumped in and got everybody high

Kairi gave him that swerve but Dora realized Riku was always there for him

Bad Boys is legit

jWILL253

Banned
I feel like people throw salt on the institution of marriage because of their own fuck-ups in relationships. I mean, yes, it's an institution that's based in the oppression of women's rights, but as a concept it can work. People just need to think and stop fucking up so badly when it comes to who they marry and when they marry. That isn't the institution's problem.

I mean, I know that I'm forever alone, but I'm aware that the sentiment is entirely about me, and the improvements I have to do as a human being, not the whole damn institution of marriage.

---

I need to find out who wrote the dialog for HunniePop. It's like someone watched an old ratchet black sitcom and went all "Art imitates stereotypes" with the fucking script.

Based on what I've heard from friends KH's plot is essentially "fanfiction and deviantart co-opted a video game script with a self-insert protag whose best buddies are My Immortal fan characters, and then they have to go do Hot Topic and/or C-list Toonami lineup-esque plot shit while encountering Disney and Final Fantasy characters"

jWILL253

Banned
You guys should know better than to expect good stories from a Nomura or Toriyama led game.

Might be for the best that he was removed from XV development.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Based on what I've heard from friends KH's plot is essentially "fanfiction and deviantart co-opted a video game script with a self-insert protag whose best buddies are My Immortal fan characters, and then they have to go do Hot Topic and/or C-list Toonami lineup-esque plot shit while encountering Disney and Final Fantasy characters"
Yes. The one line of charm for me is that the games are still really damn fun to play and I enjoy seeing the different world's and characters brought to life whenever the dumb cutscenes and clusterfucked plot aren't getting in the way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beef, I don't think you were in attendance for the live event, but don't forget to change your avatar. I'm sure it'll work great with your theme.

Ey, the gameplay is still great.

You guys should know better than to expect good stories from a Nomura or Toriyama led game.

Might be for the best that he was removed from XV development.

Who will the "fans" blame for when it fails to meet their expectations this time though?
I hope the game is awesome, I just think it's got too much to live up to at this point.

royalan

I actually thought the story for the first Kingdom Hearts was good. It was cute.

But I also read that Disney was much more strict about how they wanted their characters used in the first game, forcing Square to not add too much of their typical shounen bullshit to it.

But you can definitely tell when Square got more control over the game, and the story became like an entire Toonami lineup rolled into one plot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
kingdom hearts is best to be played and not understood. just go in with goofy running point and have fun ruining ice titans

ReiGun

*uses cure on self due to Donald being inconsistent* SORA!!! "No nigga...too late."

"Yo Donald, I need a heal over here."

*Wastes MP using Thundara. Can't heal me anymore*

"You dumbass duck..."

Meanwhile...

dakotaprairietornado_127_990x742.jpg

"Hyuck-ho-ho-ho-HO!"

KH1 was good but should have been a one shot with a clear ending. Unfortunately, the smell of cash from the Disney/Square pair up was too strong

How about mirroring known racist poster's avatars for BHM

jWILL253

Banned
KH1 was good but should have been a one shot with a clear ending. Unfortunately, the smell of cash from the Disney/Square pair up was too strong

How about mirroring known racist poster's avatars for BHM

I vote for this.

I call dibs on a Seanspeed in blackface avatar.

EDIT: As I'm sitting in this Panera after I clocked out, there is these couple White folks, man & woman, chopping it up.

It's interesting seeing people connect in real time. Rooting for my dude to get them digits.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd, he blew it. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom