• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Tichina Arnold...Tisha Campbell...

All black people don't look alike.

smh, got confused with the T's.

Today marks an unbelievable moment in my life. The day my best friend and I got married. She's the reason I'm alive today. She's given me two beautiful children, and more love than I deserve..she always says otherwise. A happier man you shall not find today. Happy 20th, my love. Thank you for choosing me.

Congrats on 20 years of marriage man! That's how you do it.

Slayven

Good morning, BCT..can we change the C to colored? I feel like I need something to get upset about..fill that quota!

---

Today marks an unbelievable moment in my life. The day my best friend and I got married. She's the reason I'm alive today. She's given me two beautiful children, and more love than I deserve..she always says otherwise. A happier man you shall not find today. Happy 20th, my love. Thank you for choosing me.

---

Congrats

D i Z

---

Congratulations, man.

I had seen this on twitter but could never figure out how to get back to it. Thankfully J10 found it and jpegged it for me:

10948714_1611085015777035_1527976443_n.jpg

I think the first time I saw that happen I started crying

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nothing can be worse than what happened to Ace Combat.

F2P isn't necessarily evil like a lot of kids claim. BUT this is Capcom, so you'll probably pay for every arrow.

I should mention, I'm less bothered by the FTP parts than I am the online bits. Unless it's aggressive, you can mostly ignore FTP bullshit. I don't really like playing with other people though.

--------

DD, since I have a bit of free time, I've decided to give Type-0 another chance. Hopefully, I enjoy it more this time.

andthebeatgoeson

Got damn. Congrats. But you got married and upn and wb just started. You was banging out to Nate Dogg.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_in_American_television
I was more a Native Tongues guy.
Damn, did you have a song from 12 Play as your favorite song during the reception?
lol..twas a very private affair (I'd go the Take 6 route :p). Went all out the night before. Next morning was with my boys at the DMV picking up an I.D. There's a tip for you youngins. Get your shit on your wedding day..you'll never forget the date!
No bull shit, congratulations.

Give me some tips. I'm coming up on 7 this year.
Dude, always talk. Even if she doesn't want to, even if YOU don't want to. Talking is the key to happiness. Honesty truly is the best policy. Keeping shit in is the death of the relationship.

Take walks, hike, sit by the river/lake/ocean. Enjoy a quiet room together. Don't let money be the thing that y'all use to enjoy life (This excludes gaming systems and things like that. I mean, this IS GAF).

Make some space for yourself..it helps. On my regular routine, I bike daily a minimum 40 miles. Helps my health, weight, and general attitude towards life. I enjoy spinning while listening to shit from Rush to Run the Jewels. Nothing like blasting Cruel Summer while riding in 20° weather.

What I'm saying is, just enjoy her and the time you have..we're all here just like that mc rib, for a limited time only.

harSon

Banned
Nothing can be worse than what happened to Ace Combat.

F2P isn't necessarily evil like a lot of kids claim. BUT this is Capcom, so you'll probably pay for every arrow.

Yeah, it depends on the genre and developer/publisher.

MMO-like + F2P is already a huge red flag, made even worst due to the fact that Capcom is undergoing some fairly hefty financial issues at the moment.

andthebeatgoeson

I was more a Native Tongues guy.

lol..twas a very private affair (I'd go the Take 6 route :p). Went all out the night before. Next morning was with my boys at the DMV picking up an I.D. There's a tip for you youngins. Get your shit on your wedding day..you'll never forget the date!

Dude, always talk. Even if she doesn't want to, even if YOU don't want to. Talking is the key to happiness. Honesty truly is the best policy. Keeping shit in is the death of the relationship.

Take walks, hike, sit by the river/lake/ocean. Enjoy a quiet room together. Don't let money be the thing that y'all use to enjoy life (This excludes gaming systems and things like that. I mean, this IS GAF).

Make some space for yourself..it helps. On my regular routine, I bike daily a minimum 40 miles. Helps my health, weight, and general attitude towards life. I enjoy spinning while listening to shit from Rush to Run the Jewels. Nothing like blasting Cruel Summer while riding in 20° weather.

What I'm saying is, just enjoy her and the time you have..we're all here just like that mc rib, for a limited time only.

Got damn. You is shit. The rest of y'all crabs ain't.

Wife told me to hit last night because 'we're not roommates'. Almost died. I obliged her. That's some marriage for ya. Keep talking and make time. Even if you're tired.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Yeah, it depends on the genre and developer/publisher.

MMO-like + F2P is already a huge red flag, made even worst due to the fact that Capcom is undergoing some fairly hefty financial issues at the moment.

This. I don't really like MMOs and F2P bores me. BUT it is Dragon's Dogma so I'm conflicted.

cdyhybrid

Congrats Gordon. That's definitely a big accomplishment in this day and age. Here's to 20 more, if not more.

I wish WOW would go F2P, but Blizzard won't do it until people start quitting in droves (as in, millions).

Shy

evening fam. how y'all doing today.
congratulations gordon, 20 years is no small feat.
hope you and your wife have a lovely anniversary, and an even better 20 years to come.
The Cumberbatch thread is interesting. Folks that live in a bubble love bragging about it.
interesting is one word for it.
i'm going to avoid threads like that while i'm a junior so i don't get perma'd

Shy

Nice to see the new crab generation not making the mistakes of old.
i've lurked here too long and just summoned up the balls to register for an account to throw it away on by arguing with ignorant people.

i know it's a silly thing to say but, i love this place and i want to stay here for a long time.

I watched 'Dear White People'

I hated every fucking character.

Tessa Thompson is cute tho.
Thanks for the review..planned on missing it anyway.
i've lurked here too long and just summoned up the balls to register for an account to throw it away on by arguing with ignorant people.

i know it's a silly thing to say but, i love this place and i want to stay here for a long time.
Not silly in the slightest, man..this place is a 2nd home.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Nothing wrong with that. Arguing on the internet really doesn't change anyone's mind and is utterly a waste of time. You can say your piece and keep it moving. If not, it becomes a pissing contest in a swimming pool.

I watched 'Dear White People'

I hated every fucking character.

Tessa Thompson is cute tho.

I actually really liked it. Yeah, the characters were exaggerations, but it was the first movie where I could even see black people I could relate to (well, bits and pieces of different characters), who weren't just the same tired stereotypes that you see in every other fucking movie out there

Trey

so not worth watching? Been curious about it.

I said much the same thing in my mini review from a few days ago.

Tessa Thompson is stunning, in both her beauty and how unnecessary it felt to make this movie pivot around her character. She's supposed to be a woman with so much to say, but she actually says very little. Most of her character is delivered outside of what we actually see on screen, which was not an effective method to employ given that she's the heart of the movie. Plot doesn't so much as flow through her as it congeals in the holes of the strainer and drip goofily from the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom