• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the new "hip" comic book adaptation where just about all of the superheroes are gay? There's some recognizable art of it where everyone's dancing at a club / party and the pairings are super obvious (and hella gay).

...Seems like there are less women on GAF than usual. Anyone else getting that vibe, or is it just me?

...Could be the relative dearth of sexism threads.

Gorillaz

...Seems like there are less women on GAF than usual. Anyone else getting that vibe, or is it just me?

well we lost devo and satch for a few OTs

Satch come back your boy roman reigns is actually going to live out his wrestlemania dreams!

The Adder

Banned
Good morning, BCT..can we change the C to colored? I feel like I need something to get upset about..fill that quota!

---

Today marks an unbelievable moment in my life. The day my best friend and I got married. She's the reason I'm alive today. She's given me two beautiful children, and more love than I deserve..she always says otherwise. A happier man you shall not find today. Happy 20th, my love. Thank you for choosing me.

---

Figured I'd give you a pic, in case you wanna look it up. Personally it's my favorite cook book..I'm a man who loves spicy foods, and this here delivers. It's got the works. Breads, cheese, every meat you can eat (except beef), soups, desserts..you'll go nuts.

The oven baked tandoori is a droolfest. I've made that, baked salmon and naan from scratch..took it to my favorite liquor store in D.C. (Rocket Liquors), and passed it along to the owners who are Indian. They were impressed as hell and kept giving me free shit for about two weeks..that damn good.

The back of the book also has addressed for various Indian Markets in the US, Canada, London and online. Good stuff..

Much appreciated and congrats on making it 20 years. Also, used to live near D.C. myself.

Well, shit like gamergate is causing the "unearthed majority effect" where a couple of guys express their opinion that "hey, I hate it when chicks are comfortable with their sexuality but not with me, too! Let's keep mailing death threats!" and suddenly it becomes "okay" because ethics in games journalism peon #248397 doesn't have to question "is it wrong that I'm having these thoughts? Am I the only one?" anymore. I really don't blame them focusing on less offensive outlets until some of this stuff blows over. It's probably going to be a while before things actually become "okay" again, though.

Slayven

Women that post on messageboards are brave unsung heroes. The stories I heard, goddamn.

Devo is pretty much on maternity leave.

trying to start writing more novel stuff and i've spent a solid 30 mins trying to think of a chapter name

dammit why do i always have to do this stuff in order

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What's the new "hip" comic book adaptation where just about all of the superheroes are gay? There's some recognizable art of it where everyone's dancing at a club / party and the pairings are super obvious (and hella gay).

Im gonna take a shot in the dark, but that sounds like young avengers.

Im gonna take a shot in the dark, but that sounds like young avengers.

Young_Avengers_Vol_2_1_O'Malley_Variant.jpg

Yep!

Well, shit like gamergate is causing the "unearthed majority effect" where a couple of guys express their opinion that "hey, I hate it when chicks are comfortable with their sexuality but not with me, too! Let's keep mailing death threats!" and suddenly it becomes "okay" because ethics in games journalism peon #248397 doesn't have to question "is it wrong that I'm having these thoughts? Am I the only one?" anymore. I really don't blame them focusing on less offensive outlets until some of this stuff blows over. It's probably going to be a while before things actually become "okay" again, though.
Not to mention how often they give their piece on something relating to being female, and having people brush it off like they don't know anything.

JLynn

Congrats on your anniversary Gordon! If all goes well I'll propose to my girlfriend on valentine's day, which falls close to our anniversary.

So yeah. Royal Rumble sucked.

The white girl wearing box braids thread taught me to never step foot in a race based thread on GAF. I've worn out my daily supply of sideeyes on page one alone.

Still want to see Dear White People.

I think I've fallen out of love with current gaming. I regularly fire up my Saturn and PS2 and enjoy the games but nothing on the PS4 or XB-One impresses me. Shit, I'm reading The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers and wish Japan had the balls to make just one more kick ass game.

trying to start writing more novel stuff and i've spent a solid 30 mins trying to think of a chapter name

dammit why do i always have to do this stuff in order

Damn, I really should be writing right now. Thank you Frosty.

Still want to see Dear White People.

I think I've fallen out of love with current gaming. I regularly fire up my Saturn and PS2 and enjoy the games but nothing on the PS4 or XB-One impresses me. Shit, I'm reading
Me too.
Shit, the generation just started bruh, you got to give it time. Xbox only has Killer Instinct for me right now. Wii U has plenty of that good shit.

Malyse

ABC has ordered the pilot for what could be your next favorite Shonda Rhimes show. According to EW.com, the new Shondaland project, a thriller entitled "The Catch," focuses on a female fraud investigator who's about to get conned by her fiancé. In a twist of events, she then turns out not to be who she seems.
I'm in.

The regularity with which people try to get out of paying me or someone else for our work with the promise of "promotion" is pretty fucking hilarious to me

protip for all you young aspiring BCT writers out there: make your shit happen in the real world. Or like, use some kind of shallow gimmick, like "america but in space." Trying to slip in worldbuilding snippets (or even that the character in question are a separate race other than human) without it being completely on-the-nose or overly expositional is tough as shit. Not to mention I have to juggle keeping tabs on what I've already informed the readers on versus holding their interest, etc.

I'm done..and naan y'all tellin me otherwise..faak..

Started off on KOF ..
On XIIISuper Street Fighter IV AC now..
Ending on MKII..

Then, that fucking cake..great way to end a strange day.
That a drunk post..no doubt..

Merc_

^Congrats to you too btw Gordon

That female ghostbusters thread is going through the expected rounds. Dudes are getting mad salty in there.

I'm pretty interested in seeing how well it actually does at the box office when it comes out tho.

Furyous

What type of mics do y'all use on the podcast? How is the pre-production meeting?

When someone asks me a controversial question in church, I'm just here so I won't get fined. *blank stare*

andthebeatgoeson

It's true. But hey.
It's only true because you start drinking natty light or Coors light when you are stupid. I also hated vodka years ago and only 'tolerated' absolut but give me some grey goose and I'm loving it. All alcohol takes time to find the right kind.

If I started out on Yeungling and Fat tire, I would never say that line, legitimately. If I only drunk Patron and not 151, etc. If I started on filet and not steak 'ums, etc. This rabbit hole is deep.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When we getting a new podcast fam

we were recording today but something came up
What type of mics do y'all use on the podcast? How is the pre-production meeting?

When someone asks me a controversial question in church, I'm just here so I won't get fined. *blank stare*

honestly, once my mic gave out - i've been using my htc one. shit's been fine on my end.

pre-production is where moris claims he destroys the tapes but instead uses them to blackmail us all for years to come

Just caught up on everything, including Avengers #40.

That moment when you wait until someone recovers so they know you did it, and then you kill them.

Like a King. /respect

I should make a thread about this but I know it will turn out stupid.

We did some interviews today at the job and we had a great candidate but he will not be advancing further in the process. He couldn't "code-switch" at all, he was saying things like,"at my last work" and "totes good" and what not. Just didn't understand business communications.

It always seems like the young white candidates never have that skill. News flash, you have to conform to us if you want the job regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I should make a thread about this but I know it will turn out stupid.

We did some interviews today at the job and we had a great candidate but he will not be advancing further in the process. He couldn't "code-switch" at all, he was saying things like,"at my last work" and "totes good" and what not. Just didn't understand business communications.

It always seems like the young white candidates never have that skill. News flash, you have to conform to us if you want the job regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I would give him that tip after you flip him by the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom