• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

Congrats on your anniversary Gordon! If all goes well I'll propose to my girlfriend on valentine's day, which falls close to our anniversary.

So yeah. Royal Rumble sucked.

The white girl wearing box braids thread taught me to never step foot in a race based thread on GAF. I've worn out my daily supply of sideeyes on page one alone.

Still want to see Dear White People.

I think I've fallen out of love with current gaming. I regularly fire up my Saturn and PS2 and enjoy the games but nothing on the PS4 or XB-One impresses me. Shit, I'm reading The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers and wish Japan had the balls to make just one more kick ass game.

Same,

I find myself playing ps2 a lot recently and that I cant find myself buying a ps4, just gonna stick it out with the Wii U and handhelds.

How “America’s First Drug Czar” Waged War Against Billie Holiday and Other Jazz Legends

I think I've fallen out of love with current gaming. I regularly fire up my Saturn and PS2 and enjoy the games but nothing on the PS4 or XB-One impresses me. Shit, I'm reading The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers and wish Japan had the balls to make just one more kick ass game.
Same,

I find myself playing ps2 a lot recently and that I cant find myself buying a ps4, just gonna stick it out with the Wii U and handhelds.

How “America’s First Drug Czar” Waged War Against Billie Holiday and Other Jazz Legends
I'm still discovering new gems I've missed for the PS2. It's crazy how great that library is.

It seems many of the great Japanese publishers are trying to chase a Western audience, fail, and lose what made them great, or have to take a F2P/mobile approach to be profitable. It's super depressing to see a lot of former visionaries relegated to cash-grab projects, or are unable to get their games funded anymore. The experimental, medium-budgeted Japanese games are virtually extinct. (At least indies have grown on the Western side of things, and I'm hoping that more Japanese developers go that route and jump to Steam.) Modern Capcom, Konami, and Square-Enix are a mess.

Furyous

I'm looking at everyone dealing with snowstorms like thank god I don't live near the lake in Cleveland no more. I lived near the area that's right near the highway somewhere in Glenville.

You ever look at an enterprising young lass' instagram and tell right away she's got that one hitta quitta? I'm talking about her good personality that makes you want to propose of course, for those of you with dirty minds.

royalan

Why am I watching Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within on HBO Go right now?

Why am I thinking it's better than I thought it was when I first saw it upon release?

Why am I thinking that this story actually would have made a great game?

J10

Banned

Why am I thinking it's better than I thought it was when I first saw it upon release?

Tical

Imm0rt4l

It's a real shame that the movie hurt square so bad, and Sakaguchi was casted out because of it. Dude was ahead of the curve. We thought we wanted more cyber punk jpop looking protagonists. We were young and stupid. On a related note, I think ff9 was the last truly great final fantasy game.

That said renting spirits withing way back when, it was forgettable. I might need to revisit it.

DominoKid

spirits within was so bad. i remember watching it as a kid and wondering who the fuck gave the go-ahead to make that shit and if they still had a job.

of course now i know lol...

Gorillaz

I've never seen one L creating such a tidal wave of even BIGGER L's as I did with spirits withins release to where SE is at today

That was the creative design and fiancial nuke to end all nukes

I still fucks with that movie. Tho I wouldn't agree it would be a great game unless you use only the world

Watched Sam L Jack's best movie The Negotiator

I should make a thread about this but I know it will turn out stupid.

We did some interviews today at the job and we had a great candidate but he will not be advancing further in the process. He couldn't "code-switch" at all, he was saying things like,"at my last work" and "totes good" and what not. Just didn't understand business communications.

It always seems like the young white candidates never have that skill. News flash, you have to conform to us if you want the job regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Would you say he just wasn't a good fit culturally?

I wouldn't let these cats know your missus is home alone. That's like putting a new 60 inch TV box by the curb.
lol. Nah, we all going. This has been my year of the gypsy..if all goes as it should, this will be our last stop. Unless I can convince my girl to go back to D.C.and leave this gun shaped shithole for good.

Can't believe I'm back here. All I've wanted to do since childhood is leave Florida, but it keeps pulling me back!

lol. Nah, we all going. This has been my year of the gypsy..if all goes as it should, this will be our last stop. Unless I can convince my girl to go back to D.C.and leave this gun shaped shithole for good.

Can't believe I'm back here. All I've wanted to do since childhood is leave Florida, but it keeps pulling me back!

First time I heard someone say I can't wait to go back to DC. Best friend was there for a minute, said he was never going back.

First time I heard someone say I can't wait to go back to DC. Best friend was there for a minute, said he was never going back.
I don't know, man. Maybe it's a "grass always looks greener" thing? I love the museums, Rock Creek Park (miss it so damn much), the monuments, the old buildings, the sea of folks who look like me..including the police!

My 5 years there was fantastic. I've been back in Florida for 10 months, and refuse to change my ID lol..

ReiGun

The Ghostbusters announcement has been awesome just for seeing all the new permutations of "I'm not sexist, but..." Dudes clearly bothered by an all female cast for no reason other than it being all female trying to talk around that fact...and still coming out looking like clowns.

Won't have to wait for next month, this whole year looks earmarked for fuckery.

Ghostbusters thread on some other shit right now lol

Bruh DY set it off when he dropped that coli thread on us a few weeks back. I'm in that Ghostbusters thread silent and watching.......This gone be one wild year.

Slayven

The Ghostbusters announcement has been awesome just for seeing all the new permutations of "I'm not sexist, but..." Dudes clearly bothered by an all female cast for no reason other than it being all female trying to talk around that fact...and still coming out looking like clowns.

I didn't even look cause I know it would be some fuckery. Nerds have no chill

Slayven

Folks are only as progressive as they want to be.

If they announced an all female cast for an Ice Pirates remake, my only though would be that the factory scene would be really fucked up.

J10

Banned
Honestly - I still think about this - how much better would Michael Bay's Transformers have been if they had set it in 1985? That was a missed opportunity.

FyreWulff

Yeah there's just something about 80s movies when you watch them and it's like

this was considered normal

I can't exactly list off all the tangibles about it. You just know an 80s movie when you see it. Just the combination of writing style, audience expectation, and quality of vfx combined.

It's sort of like how you could film Ten Commandments again and make it period accurate, but you couldn't film Ten Commandments exactly like the original because it's basically a filmed theatrical play in terms of line delivery, pacing, acting, etc. People would laugh it out of the theater now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom