• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

Late on the ddo news but I will day pawn is my go to in dd always got my back lol

Get some black GAF ts together.

I hope its free yo play ala warframe. But with out the spend money now your dead.

akira28

Well, GamingGAF doesn't accept any nudity in games since it always reverts back in females being used as some trope.

It seems like parts of certain sectors are seeking some kind of righteous movement, just for the sake of getting theirs, because they feel like they've been "gotten", or had too much taken from them over the decades. So the moment there is a chance to push back against women for feminism, saying that they are either abusing a privilege or cynically abusing their position to get ahead... Or the one chance they have to push back against minorities, (but incredibly, not against racism), they seize the flag and say that the economy is tough on everyone and "AA has done enough, racism is irrelevant, stop complaining and carry the load harder". They enforce the rules as hard as they can as soon as they feel they have the advantage, even when they're completely wrong, because ultimately they don't know how feminism or racism works.

Malyse

Why am I watching Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within on HBO Go right now?

Why am I thinking it's better than I thought it was when I first saw it upon release?

Why am I thinking that this story actually would have made a great game?
Wait till you play the thirteen trilogy in a few years.

It seems like parts of certain sectors are seeking some kind of righteous movement, just for the sake of getting theirs, because they feel like they've been "gotten", or had too much taken from them over the decades. So the moment there is a chance to push back against women for feminism, saying that they are either abusing a privilege or cynically abusing their position to get ahead... Or the one chance they have to push back against minorities, (but incredibly, not against racism), they seize the flag and say that the economy is tough on everyone and "AA has done enough, racism is irrelevant, stop complaining and carry the load harder". They enforce the rules as hard as they can as soon as they feel they have the advantage, even when they're completely wrong, because ultimately they don't know how feminism or racism works.

All of the win goes to you. I made my point in a more PC kinda way in that thread. That speaks to the other thread about the Middle Eastern Canadian dude who says he has PTSD (for a lack of better words) and was wondering why recently people are using "trigger*" in a way to wanting to call someone out even though the words or image does nothing remotely negative to the person using the word "trigger". It ended up as it ain't GAF (which I kinda believe), but tumblr mostly.

Malyse

Irony is that iirc blacks and Latinos play the most games. And women make up almost half of gamers too.

Irony is that iirc blacks and Latinos play the most games. And women make up almost half of gamers too.

No, its just another example of how powerless we are. We don't make the games or distribute them so we have no representation in them. We pay the bills and provide these companies money and exposure and yet they cater to the white male demographic slavishly.

Malyse

No, its just another example of how powerless we are. We don't make the games or distribute them so we have no representation in them. We pay the bills and provide these companies money and exposure and yet they cater to the white male demographic slavishly.
All you better buy my game.
if you like it.

So yesterday I found out that in the Pacific Rim universe they built a Shatterdome for Panama City

i made it bitches

the kaiju probably got to the florida panhandle and were like "wait, did we already attack this one?"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know this is old news but we getting Google Fiber in the Triangle fam!!!!

I'm ready to experience the world's internet speeds.

lol

you're gonna start up your router, turn on your computer, and see
iimJtNw0GIw8D.png
all over your firefox

Shy

on the ghostbusters thing.
i think it's gonna be shit regardless of whos in it.
i really hate reboots and what have you.
I know this is old news but we getting Google Fiber in the Triangle fam!!!!

I'm ready to experience the world's internet speeds.
nice. !
what speeds are you getting at the moment. ?

lol

you're gonna start up your router, turn on your computer, and see
iimJtNw0GIw8D.png
all over your firefox

Internet footprint gonna be everywhere....LOL!!!!

Edit - Shy I'm getting fity down from TWC but I'm paying out the ass when coupled with cable. Google fiber talking 120 for internet and TV

J10

Banned
OK, somebody posted a picture of a kitchen in the Sarkesian thread and got banned and that shit was hilarious. New stupids pop up like every thirty minutes over there.

OK, somebody posted a picture of a kitchen in the Sarkesian thread and got banned and that shit was hilarious. New stupids pop up like every thirty minutes over there.

It's like watching lemmings get thrown off a cliff by Disney cinematographers.

Funny, I was just watching Batman Beyond and a husband on there told his wife to get back in the kitchen when Max and Terry were confronting them about their son.

I also had just realized from the zombie game thread, that zombies are just another one of those things appropriated from black people.

Shy

see i avoid going in threads like that cause they do my head in, but then you guys always talk about the joke stuff that happens in them, and i miss out. i feel so conflicted. lol

Any thread with Anita Sarkessian is going to be

-At least 1000 posts

-Graveyard

It's like her name unlocks the hidden 9th gate of *****_ in some people

J10

Banned
see i avoid going in threads like that cause they do my head in, but then you guys always talk about the joke stuff that happens in them, and i miss out. i feel so conflicted. lol

Honestly you're not missing much unless you enjoy watching a few people get banned for stupidity. The majority of posters sympathize with her while a handful try to derail and distract from legit discussion, and then a few more fail at expressing why they're angry at her for shit that ain't got anything to do with the actual issue.

Malyse

I would get a PS4 tomorrow if they announced PSO2 english and Vindictus for it

-----

what black culture sites do you frequent?

Furyous

Good afternoon, BCT.

What y'all up to?

Dude above is right in that a PSO2 on PS4 would wreck shit forever. Sega on some bullshit as usual tho. Talk to me about facial scrubs. I copped the Nivea scrub four pack off Amazon and the St. Ives apricot scrub. The Nivea kept all the oil in my skin while St. Ives one took everything off. Took a selfie and I look a good 2.2585329 shades lighter in my possibly unscientific opinion. That St. Ives scrub feels like Tequila on my face but doesn't burn as much. My barber in Beijing used Tequila on my face....

Certain threads I'm staying out of like that Fantastic Four trailer reveal thread.

Empire is kicking ass and people don't know what the fuck that means.

History and gravity suggest Empire will cool down a little, perhaps as soon as tonight’s installment. But even it does, it will still rank as one of the most successful series launches in the past couple years, and serve as a much-needed ego boost to a broadcast-TV industry continually being written off as extinct. The question now: Will Empire have an impact beyond its 9 p.m. Wednesday time slot — both for Fox and for the TV business in general?

What sets the show apart from successes such as Murder, Gotham, Blacklist, and Scorpion is that it began big (a 3.8 rating among adults under 50), went up in week two (to a 4.0), and then ticked up again with its third broadcast (4.4). A few lower-rated shows that started in weak time slots or didn’t get much buzz early on have likely improved in the ratings early in their runs. But Fox’s research department says it’s been at least 20 years since any top-rated drama grew among adults under 50 in its first three weeks on the air; among all viewers, it’s been ten years since Grey’s Anatomy ticked up each of its first four broadcasts back in 2005.

Last week’s episode, for example, will end up reaching over 15 million viewers once a week’s worth of DVR data is tallied, putting it among the top ten most-watched shows on broadcast TV this season. But that same episode also did very well with younger viewers: Among adults under 35, it notched a 3.6 rating (before DVR tallies), doing nearly as well as the combined same-day averages of Wednesday rivals Law & Order: SVU (0.9), Criminal Minds (1.0), Chicago P.D. (1.0), and Stalker (0.8).

Pilot-casting season is just now underway, with the broadcast networks all scurrying to place hundreds of actors into their new projects. This season’s two biggest drama hits (Empire and Murder) and the only new comedy success (black-ish) all feature nonwhite actors in leading roles.

Malyse

Good afternoon, BCT.

What y'all up to?

Dude above is right in that a PSO2 on PS4 would wreck shit forever. Sega on some bullshit as usual tho. Talk to me about facial scrubs. I copped the Nivea scrub four pack off Amazon and the St. Ives apricot scrub. The Nivea kept all the oil in my skin while St. Ives one took everything off. Took a selfie and I look a good 2.2585329 shades lighter in my possibly unscientific opinion. That St. Ives scrub feels like Tequila on my face but doesn't burn as much. My barber in Beijing used Tequila on my face....

Certain threads I'm staying out of like that Fantastic Four trailer reveal thread.

I already regret the Boko Haram thread I just made.

----

PSO2 is one of the best games out right now, period. The profits from selling tie outfits alone would more than cover the localization cost (which spoilers: is already done. the PSO2 community fan translated the entire game over a year ago). They are literally leaving money on the table.

My dream game is PSO2/Monster Hunter that plays like Kingdom Hearts and has all the clothing options of Style Savvy 3.

Trey

I watched three episodes last night of Empire. It's what Shonda rhymes' shows wishes they could be. Taraji P. Henson is everything to that show.

I'm alive still, so there's a tomorrow. I don't know what happened, but I finally just snapped out of it and although the problems aren't gone, I feel better. I guess the brain is a scary thing, because now I view people as heavily flawed and with a lot of insecurities that they don't speak of. In a way, it's made me comfortable with myself, because I realize that I don't have to be perfect...while acknowledging that I do have to be better than average though as a black man. But I'm not going to kill myself over it. The medication has also helped to quiet my thoughts too and although I feel that it is "weakness" in a way, I...I guess that the future scares me at times moreso than the present. I don't even know what I'm saying, I just want to say thank you to you guys for putting up with my nervous breakdown(s). You're all very wonderful and I'm glad that there's a place that I can speak so frankly, and other people like me will understand on a deeper level.

Kreed

I'm alive still, so there's a tomorrow. I don't know what happened, but I finally just snapped out of it and although the problems aren't gone, I feel better. I guess the brain is a scary thing, because now I view people as heavily flawed and with a lot of insecurities that they don't speak of. In a way, it's made me comfortable with myself, because I realize that I don't have to be perfect...while acknowledging that I do have to be better than average though as a black man. But I'm not going to kill myself over it. The medication has also helped to quiet my thoughts too and although I feel that it is "weakness" in a way, I...I guess that the future scares me at times moreso than the present. I don't even know what I'm saying, I just want to say thank you to you guys for putting up with my nervous breakdown(s). You're all very wonderful and I'm glad that there's a place that I can speak so frankly, and other people like me will understand on a deeper level.

Happy to hear you're getting better CD and you got those thoughts out of your head. Keep working on yourself and your mood and don't be afraid to ask for help from family, friends, and professionals where you needed. It's great the thread and our regulars helped you but don't rely on just us. The advice and words we give you aren't going to compare to the words of loved ones or the advice from people who handle these types of situations for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom