• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of going with something like this for BHM:

1WVV2u2.png

But I'm not totally sure yet. I might just use the sprite itself since the first-in-the-air thing could just as easily double as a "black panthers stand tall" thing. Suggestions?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hang in there until Mortal March. It's going to be a Gaf-wide avatar change for MK. WrassleGAF is doin' it. Come be a part of the fun and let's turn it site-wide.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
had to go off on my roommate again

it was different this time - before, it was always "stop being a bitch and get your shit together. i expect better out of you" now it was "fuck everything you say. stop fucking with my aura".

just ugh this dude is older than me

DY_nasty

let me paint the picture. this dude is such a bitch that he threw his mom in my face when i was once again on him for not having a job and being an emotional leech on everyone that he knows and overall ambitionless "but i go to the gym tho" bum.

this dude really came at me with "oh yeah? well my mom stuck up for you when no one else would" (literally referring to me telling him to get his shit together - this is after she asked me to DD for the guy a couple of times. when your mom has your friend DD for you after flying across the fucking country, then you are a fuck)

a grown man said that shit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

let me paint the picture. this dude is such a bitch that he threw his mom in my face when i was once again on him for not having a job and being an emotional leech on everyone that he knows and overall ambitionless "but i go to the gym tho" bum.

this dude really came at me with "oh yeah? well my mom stuck up for you when no one else would" (literally referring to me telling him to get his shit together - this is after she asked me to DD for the guy a couple of times. when your mom has your friend DD for you after flying across the fucking country, then you are a fuck)

If he's willing to throw family into the situation just to distract from himself he is definitely a lost cause.

Why are you still living with this dude again, exactly? I don't think I was around when the actual backstory happened.

DY_nasty

Why are you still living with this dude again, exactly? I don't think I was around when the actual backstory happened.

my boy for years. i thought he would've had a spot set up waiting for me when i came out her to hawaii but instead i ended up staying with his family for a few weeks. he introduced me to this girl who was on top of her shit, had a job and everything - so i asked him if it was cool to get her as a 3rd roommate. save money, etc. he didn't have a job so of course looking for a place with just my GI bill and VA stuff wasn't exactly easy. she reluctantly accepted, the place we got is in her name with me co-signing. i say shit is all good - as long as you don't fuck the landlord.

dude didn't tell me until the lease was signed that it was his fuck buddy/emotional salve from afghanistan. she's actually awesome. done a bunch to help me out with all of my issues from texas (there are a lot) on top of being genuinely outrageously positive. if it was up to me, he'd never have moved in - because she's a recovering big girl (i know there is a better term for this but people who drop mad weight still have huge issues when it comes to their self-esteem, etc), she keeps trying to 'save' him. until recently, she'd lose sleep and risk her job trying to fix his shit.

i never even wanted him here because i knew i'd grow to resent him. now i do lol

that's the short version at least...

DY_nasty

If he's willing to throw family into the situation just to distract from himself he is definitely a lost cause.

he did it twice. once when i first got here (dude literally hid behind his mother while me and the girl were just sitting around like wtf is going on) and a few weeks back when i felt that i fulfilled all obligation to him as a friend

this whole thing has had me shook since i started to think that maybe i was talking to myself the entire time in texas, especially during rehab after the accident. like... who the fuck was i talking to? i started to think i was crazy.

DY:
I'm guessing that you would move if you could but can't because your money isn't right? All I can say is that you have o let this do go, I know he's your boy but with the changes you are making in your life you have to distance yourself from this cat.

So, stop feeding into his fuckery because half the time he just wants the attention and the other half of the time he is truly fucked up. The hardest part s going to be watching 'ol girl fall into the trp too.

I had to cut off one of my best friends because he couldn't get his ass our of a bottle. Shit's hard, man.

DY_nasty

DY:
I'm guessing that you would move if you could but can't because your money isn't right? All I can say is that you have o let this do go, I know he's your boy but with the changes you are making in your life you have to distance yourself from this cat.

So, stop feeding into his fuckery because half the time he just wants the attention and the other half of the time he is truly fucked up. The hardest part s going to be watching 'ol girl fall into the trp too.

I had to cut off one of my best friends because he couldn't get his ass our of a bottle. Shit's hard, man.

I wanted his ass out in Feb but the girl is the one who doesn't want him to leave. The girl and myself are probably the only ones still capable of tolerating his shit at all - and she knows it, so she's thinking that if we kick him out he might drive off a cliff on the way back to his mom's house.

But yeah... shits rough. Having to deal with the fact that he's the most ain't shit person I've ever met (One of my friends back in NC, best basketball player I ever knew growing up made a fool out of me when I used some of my connections interning for the Bobcats to get him a try out for D-League team by not even getting out of bed - this guy now is worse) AND my transition out of active duty is just too heavy some times.

I'm glad I invested in the girl though. I'd probably be volunteering for deployments non-stop to keep from calling my family if it weren't for her. Hell, she actually got me liking people again. I can't remember the last time I got excited to meet new people. That was a HUGE problem for me - even before the military.

I mean, the guy IS cut off from me mentally finally, but today was just the first time I went off on him for just being a lying dirtbag leeching fuck. Like... no "get your head in the game, I need you to be on top of your shit to keep me on top of my shit". Just fuck you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
dy i jumped back on the warframe train

and now im farming for mods. i feel like an addict, except i have self control to stop

Trey

Anyone pick up the Civ expansion since it came out? How is it?

I know esch did, he said it was a very incomplete feeling game. That's the general gist of the official thread as well.

Having to deal with the fact that he's the most ain't shit person I've ever met (One of my friends back in NC, best basketball player I ever knew growing up made a fool out of me when I used some of my connections interning for the Bobcats to get him a try out for D-League team by not even getting out of bed - this guy now is worse) AND my transition out of active duty is just too heavy some times.

This is literally straight out of Survivor's Remorse.

Slayven

It is like going to get your taxes done and the H&R Block guy says " Ain't you that dude that always talking about eating ass on Instagram?"

DY_nasty

this dude really holed up in his room right now

lol

i genuinely hate myself for rolling with him all this time and not picking up on this trainwreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom