• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

breh

before she showed up, she was showing off this red thong that she was rocking for valentines day too. we were all wondering how she was gonna get to austin that night but then this dude came through and dropped off the cobra

not one person in that room was gonna stop him from doing it either

ah hell naw i couldn''t watch somebody take an L like that in my presence. that's too absurd for even a sitcom.

that's an L in it's purest form.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ah hell naw i couldn''t watch somebody take an L like that in my presence. that's too absurd for even a sitcom.

that's an L in it's purest form.

naw man fuck em.

if you guys remember that story at all, (a year and change after the girl he was friending hardcore fucked another dude in the car he let her drive...) he was the one who was trying to holla at the girl who OD'd. he heard that he was partially to blame for the ordeal and he was texting her knowing that she was hospitalized while texting her husband "#fdb, she ain't shit" simultaneously.

edit: and yes, the feeling i got was somewhat similar to what i imagine being forced to watch a stoning to be

That's like one of those calligraphic Ls written with a quill pen on antique parchment paper and then paraded through the town quarter after being announced by a live fanfare

Furyous

shit had to be like OT2 or something lol

after you witness an L like that, you have to just stop everything and evaluate your life. how close am i to getting put on the summer jam screen like that? if i died tomorrow, would the girl i'm talking to even put a RIP on my facebook page? how do i really know that a girl hasn't fucked someone in my car? that could be me

again, dude has a purple heart and some hometown hero articles and everything. it wouldn't surprise me if some people here have actually heard of him too. but when this dude brought a teddy bear, flowers, a gift certificate to a nice restaurant, AND the keys to his mustang for the sole purpose of her going out on a date with somebody else i knew i had to get clear.

to finish that story... i ended up smashing too lol. she was just about having fun outchea
ibuMWXLHdYzZE3.png
and to complete the circle to further emphasize the fukkery i was surrounded with out there her roommate was the pregnant girl that i ended up telling you guys about

Good Jesus my soul is wincing at this reply. That has to hurt. If you can't get any sympathy accompaniment with a purple heart, something is wrong with America.

DominoKid

naw man fuck em.

if you guys remember that story at all, (a year and change after the girl he was friending hardcore fucked another dude in the car he let her drive...) he was the one who was trying to holla at the girl who OD'd. he heard that he was partially to blame for the ordeal and he was texting her knowing that she was hospitalized while texting her husband "#fdb, she ain't shit" simultaneously.

edit: and yes, the feeling i got was somewhat similar to what i imagine being forced to watch a stoning to be

Jo1UFga.png

this dude in the HOF of Ls.

harSon

Banned
I said that before. Like it better than Black-ish.

They're both good, but I actually relate to Fresh Off the Boat more, surprisingly. As someone who moved from a predominantly black neighborhood in Pittsburgh, and was thrown into a private school in California where I was legitimately the only black person, the main character's experiences ring pretty damn true for me.

Kreed

I remember that day story you told about your old army dude who gave flowers and shit to this one girl and he emphasized the fact that he liked her as a friend or something

Fuck I wish I could find the post

I feel a lot better after going to work today and seeing a dude simp 3 times harder than me.

Dude came in to bring this girl flowers and a teddy bear. And that's cool - but let me put this in perspective... dude lead off with "I see you as a friend, and I like you as a friend - but I just want you to have these as a friend :3"

It was so apparent that he wasn't even going to touch it. Not even look at it.

I felt bad for dude - then I felt good because my shit was nowhere remotely close to that

Tuesday through Friday were 'work' on top of work. I didn't waste any time getting back to the people that sent me out there with Beth and Aaron and letting them know that he not only was cheating on his wife, but that he was completely negligent regarding her welfare, that he violated his alcohol 'probation', and that Beth was in fact suicidal. Then I quickly learned that people would much rather watch someone fail utterly and completely than risk their positions, no matter how meaningless they are, in order to help someone with a shitty resume. No one jumped out of their chair or gave more than a hint of a fuck with what I had learned so far... and it wasn't entirely their fault. I was nothing more than a chaperone that day. What I did have would be my word against his and there's no telling what stance Beth would take just a day later. It wasn't worth swinging for the fences - So I was told to "keep an eye out on him... you never know" which can mean all kinds of shit. So I continued with my original plan of burying him.

Each morning that week, while everyone else was giving Aaron the obvious stinkeye and shunning him more than usual, I made it a point to understand him like a true bro. I've never smiled and nodded more in my life. This man went from jokingly bringing up divorce scenarios a week ago to frightfully searching for ways to freeze his wife out of anything and everything in his life. This is especially threatening to a military spouse as they often only know of about a third of what they're entitled to. But he wasn't just satisfied with his money for some reason, he was trying to turn people that never met her against her. He'd begun this odd campaign with his family to murder her name and paint her as a drug addict and thief too (which is hilarious because two months prior she bought him a 1,400 dollar laptop and she bailed him out of jail at least twice that I knew of). He was a shitty liar and I let him believe that he was a great one as long as I was around. Dude loved to confide in me from Tuesday on. It was easy. All I had to do was wait for him to fuck up again and be ready for it. When I wasn't talking Aaron up, I was talking to other people that knew of his past shitbaggery and people that cut him off in the recent weeks - including those at the couples' party. Time went by slow but sure enough, this dude didn't last 4 days - and neither did this other guy...

Calvin. Calvin is the chump motherfucker I mentioned last valentine's day in the BCT. This is the guy who drove out to a middle of nowhere military garage to meet this woman and hand off flowers, a teddy bear, and the keys to his car to a woman who wasn't even his friend on facebook. Before he pulled up, this woman literally told/showed me the red lingerie she was about to get freaky in with some other dude. "I just want you to know, you're my friend - and I'll always be there for you as a friend. Always." as he gave her the keys to his 2012 Mustang before she sped down the road for some Ranger Pipe. Calvin is a pathetic simp. Yes, he deserves a bronze star. That doesn't mean you can't be a simp. That also doesn't mean you can't completely fuck over a guy who's having a marriage crisis. Calvin, was at the couple's party after Aaron walked those drunken 13 miles and apparently he was too ready to play his Joe's Greatest Hits mixtape that night too.

Now... I've been the unit's kicking-dog for almost a year now. People like me, but they won't stop me from getting kicked. Calvin always thought I was cool people. So it was too easy to pretend that I'd just been kicked again. I asked him for his phone one day

"Man... they cancelled my leave again. I just want to call my grandma and let her know that I won't be back for her birthday."
"Again? Geez dude. Here. Don't even worry about it"
"Thanks man, good looking out. :((("

I called my grandmother to talk about how she needed to mail my shit because fuck Durham, NC. Then I went through his text messages because this dude makes Drake look like DMX and there was no doubt in my mind that he'd said some extra shit to Beth. Little did I fucking know that he was texting her about how she should leave Aaron and get with him while she was in the fucking hospital with her husband right next to her. (Yes, Beth and Aaron were sharing their phone at the time. There was no doubt in my mind that Aaron saw it - but he's a proven dumbass, so there was no way to tell how he would or had reacted). So Calvin officially became someone that I could use at that point. Gave him his phone back and laughed at yet another clown that doesn't delete text messages. I found Aaron outside and immediately went to work.

"You know Calvin, right?"
"Yeah I know that clown lol. What about him?"
"You know he's been eying your wife?"

I threw this out because I needed to know right then and there what kind of man Aaron was regarding this sort of thing.

"Yeah. But a lot of guys eye my wife haha. Its not big deal"

You fucking idiot. How the fuck do you breathe and walk at the same time?

"Aite... just wondering man. You know I'm just looking out for you and Beth bro"

Again, too fucking easy. I walk back inside and run in to Ellen. She doesn't say a word to me - like a fucking boss. Ellen was a smart woman. She caught a whiff of what was going on somehow and disappeared faster than Field Mob. I knew better than to call her and she knew better than to call me. But its a small world. And Calvin, like any trueborn simp, simps in all directions at once. And right in front of me (fortunately the only person in that room that knew what was going on) he asks her "Is Beth still mad at you?"

ibuMGpFxqEaMm0.gif

Beth goes from cool calm and collected woman to damn near sprinting out the door. I didn't even blink, just kept walking. Walking and thinking. So Calvin was apparently trying to be everywhere. He was running surveillance for Beth in order to get in good and was showing an effort to get Ellen to run into his arms for protection in some weird way. It was a lot of shit to process for me. I wanted to do a lot with what I learned, but fuck it - Friday. Time to get tore up.

I head to my room, get cut, lay out my clothes, hop in the shower and then my phone blows up. I'm not trying to reach for the phone while wiping my ass down - that's barbaric, so I wait til I get out. Three missed calls. One from Aaron, one from the worthless people who told me to keep an eye out, and one from Beth. And no messages because I guess people just don't do that shit in 2012. Call Beth back, no answer. Call the dumbasses in charge, they tell me to get dressed and get ready to go to the hospital. Before I can even ask why, I get a text from Aaron that says Beth is in the hospital - she tried to commit suicide again and that he was on his way to pick me up.

Malyse

I've been thinking about it, and I think that a rotten tomatoes type site for game reviews would serve better than metacritic. Less emphasis on what number it gets and more on "should I play this?".

Trey

I've been thinking about it, and I think that a rotten tomatoes type site for game reviews would serve better than metacritic. Less emphasis on what number it gets and more on "should I play this?".

People would debate that, too. Pretty much everything in the world that gets reviewed uses a scoring system of some sort. It's only a problem in gaming, however.

Malyse

People would debate that, too. Pretty much everything in the world that gets reviewed uses a scoring system of some sort. It's only a problem in gaming, however.
Oh of course, but I think it would be a more reasonable metric to quantify value than an arbitrary number.

Man feels good to have the kid getting into cars now. He picked up a K&N air intake system we / I threw in his car yesterday now he looking at a magnaflow exhaust system.

When I asked the kid to hand me a 11/16 in socket he actually knew what I was talking about. *sniff* He starting to make me proud fam.

Lucky you, I go a 13 year old step son still running around with his harry potter wand. That shit kills me, my girls were all athletes

Malyse

I think in the next ten years, stores will just have dedicated holiday sections. It will have Christmas, valentine's, new years, fourth of July, ect and it will be up all year round.
I know an old as hell Jewish cat that owns an advertising agency and carries a Harry Potter wand in his suitcase. The world we live in, folks..
I put on my robe and wizard hat

Lucky you, I go a 13 year old step son still running around with his harry potter wand. That shit kills me, my girls were all athletes

Bruh. I know them feels. Before the kid graduated high school he couldn't change a tire to save his life. Now he installing HID headlights, intakes, changing his own oil etc. The feels bro.

Bruh. I know them feels. Before the kid graduated high school he couldn't change a tire to save his life. Now he installing HID headlights, intakes, changing his own oil etc. The feels bro.

Thats my dream, you got me teary eyed. Not to mention this kid is a dumbass and friendless. He is the definition of shiftless, not motivated by anything and I've tried everything.

Thats my dream, you got me teary eyed. Not to mention this kid is a dumbass and friendless. He is the definition of shiftless, not motivated by anything and I've tried everything.

Man. I've been there. In my case this kid felt like his dad didn't care about him and he gave up on trying to do anything....It took a long time for two things to happen. 1st he had to realize and accept his biological dad was a piece of shit. 2nd he saw that I treated his siblings my two kids the exact same way I treated him. Once he knew I had his best interest at heart and his dad cared about self before anyone else. He coped and started asking me questions about life, cars, girls, etc,. Two fights, countless failures, and many conversations later he's one of the best kids I know.

Edit - Don't be brown and walk in Alabama breh's.

Man. I've been there. In my case this kid felt like his dad didn't care about him and he gave up on trying to do anything....It took a long time for two things to happen. 1st he had to realize and accept his biological dad was a piece of shit. 2nd he saw that I treated his siblings my two kids the exact same way I treated him. Once he knew I had his best interest at heart and his dad cared about self before anyone else. He coped and started asking me questions about life, cars, girls, etc,. Two fights, countless failures, and many conversations later he's one of the best kids I know.

Edit - Don't be brown and walk in Alabama breh's.

Yeah, our relationship has gotten somewhat better but I wish I knew what got him excited, shit I want to be excited too. All 40 year old dudes like me want to be 13 years old too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom