• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

f7XPAvR.gif

god damn no chill

JC would come back from the dead to shit on people at his own funeral.

"Half of y'all only came for the free food. Junebug know he still owe me 35 dollars."

Trey

JC would come back from the dead to shit on people at his own funeral.

"Half of y'all only came for the free food. Junebug know he still owe me 35 dollars."

The nigga can't even feed himself, how he gonna have a caterer for his funeral?

JC gonna comfort your girl at your funeral

"Babe, I know this guy.....give him a call. You don't have to feel this way."

and then he hits up the food table and makes a plate for his friends who didn't care enough to pay their respects.

"Ay. Don't tell me I have enough food already, that cold stiff ashy ass punk don't need Mac N cheese where he's going."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

and then he hits up the food table and makes a plate for his friends who didn't care enough to pay their respects.

"Ay. Don't tell me I have enough food already, that cold stiff ashy ass punk don't need Mac N cheese where he's going."

yooooooooo ahahahahah

jesus christ

Silky

Banned

heh.png

Young Magus

Broke up with my gf today. Went home to try to talk it out but the only thing that happened when I saw her was
275018.gif

we had some on agains off agains but shit. That "I love you but i'm not in love with you" line will seriously make your soul burn slow. Ran to the guest bedroom and locked the door and just screamed in a pillow for like 10 minutes while she knocked on the door talmbout "please let me in". Cried like a bitch too.

I was with that girl since high school (It's now 2 years after we both graduated college). Fuck.

I aint shit; carry on

Yo sorry to hear man. Keep your head up.

Also, what did JC do to y'all to warrant this mugging?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I just saw the phrase 'victim blaming' used none ironically in relation to a billion dollar corporation.

man I don't even know anymore.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Family events always bring out the members you don't ever see anywhere but the buffet table or the bar. Then they ask if the party need any ice so you give them a $20 and you never see them until the next time.

Sorry to hear it Misogi. It happens to everyone. I had a 3 year relationship end over the summer and I was a wreck for a good 4 months. Sometimes it is a learning experience and other times it's just fucked up and you don't know why so it just hurts and you have to live with it. You will get better and things will be happy again, but it will take time.

Silky

Banned
You okay, fam?

Need to talk?

I'll be fine. Dissapointed with myself that I couldn't push harder for work in time for the holidays. Missed out on so much shit, but what kills me is that my brothers will wake up Christmas morning with nothing. I could go without anything, but....shit, man. It eats my soul up.

Malyse

I'll be fine. Dissapointed with myself that I couldn't push harder for work in time for the holidays. Missed out on so much shit, but what kills me is that my brothers will wake up Christmas morning with nothing. I could go without anything, but....shit, man. It eats my soul up.
How old are they?

jWILL253

Banned
Yeah, I know that hurts, Silky. The worst part is when you get used to that situation occurring year after year.

But, hey. Your brothers love you regardless, I'm sure.

G-Fex

Sorry to hear that silky.

I ain't got shit for money right now either. Shit's been struggle to a degree. It's gotten to the point I think i'm going to give up buying games all together from now on, systems too. It's probably been that for the past 8 months really. Oh well. Good thing I took up another hobby.

Fuck I need another job :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Could you make something or maybe go do something with your brothers? I did coupons one year where money was tight. They had stuff like "1 free trip to the arcade plus tokens" for my little brother and "1 night where I will go get dinner" to my mom and other things like that which they could cash in anytime. It's not as flashy or exciting but it's something.

Silky

Banned
Could you make something or maybe go do something with your brothers? I did coupons one year where money was tight. They had stuff like "1 free trip to the arcade plus tokens" for my little brother and "1 night where I will go get dinner" to my mom and other things like that which they could cash in anytime. It's not as flashy or exciting but it's something.

Actually, I've made something for them before that was similar to that. Couple of years ago.

This has taught me that next year I really need to invest into an emergency fund. Just in case something like this happens again.

I'm gonna talk to my parents about this. Recently I've been feeling so useless since finishing my quarter and still being unemployed. Lord knows I spend days out looking for work, selling shit to contribute, but it doesn't feel enough. Despite their disagreements.

Jathaine

Broke up with my gf today. Went home to try to talk it out but the only thing that happened when I saw her was
275018.gif

we had some on agains off agains but shit. That "I love you but i'm not in love with you" line will seriously make your soul burn slow. Ran to the guest bedroom and locked the door and just screamed in a pillow for like 10 minutes while she knocked on the door talmbout "please let me in". Cried like a bitch too.

I was with that girl since high school (It's now 2 years after we both graduated college). Fuck.

I aint shit; carry on

See, this why we need true brothers.
We get all wrapped up emotionally with these females and let them be the only ones we confide in about certain aspects of ourselves and when its time to end it, feels like its all crashing down or something.

I had to start opening up emotionally more to my boys and once I did that its been all good ever since. I know that's hard 'cause we got that machismo but it makes a world of difference.

x Misogi

Family events always bring out the members you don't ever see anywhere but the buffet table or the bar. Then they ask if the party need any ice so you give them a $20 and you never see them until the next time.

Sorry to hear it Misogi. It happens to everyone. I had a 3 year relationship end over the summer and I was a wreck for a good 4 months. Sometimes it is a learning experience and other times it's just fucked up and you don't know why so it just hurts and you have to live with it. You will get better and things will be happy again, but it will take time.

yeah thanks everyone. She's gonna stay at her mentor's for a week, then i guess we'll try to hash it out or i'll be like
homies-over-hoes-lmao-o.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
LOL

Ishibear, this opening for Revelations 2. I'm dieing @ how cheesy it is. I can't wait for release. lol

edit:"Terra doesn't have to end with the rist!" *flatlines*

We get all wrapped up emotionally with these females and let them be the only ones we confide in about certain aspects of ourselves and when its time to end it, feels like its all crashing down or something.

I had to start opening up emotionally more to my boys and once I did that its been all good ever since. I know that's hard 'cause we got that machismo but it makes a world of difference.

Y'all niggas is gay.

But seriously brehs do need to do that shit though. With their women too not just they boys. Being open and if they shit on you for that then they don't need to be apart of your life plain and simple.

RP912

Banned
Y'all niggas is gay.

But seriously brehs do need to do that shit though. With their women too not just they boys. Being open and if they shit on you for that then they don't need to be apart of your life plain an simple.

Forreal...

Dudes need to put that ego aside and be real about the feels :/.

Hell I remember when this girl I used to talk to just bailed the fuck out on me after two months because of "issues". This bus driver I was cool with made me feel better about the situation with a story of how his girl cheated on him while he was in the military. He came back and kicked her ass out of the house. We had the entire bus laughing because we were trading war stories about heartbreak.

No shame with letting your peeps know what's real...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
LOL

Ishibear, this opening for Revelations 2. I'm dieing @ how cheesy it is. I can't wait for release. lol

edit:"Terra doesn't have to end with the rist!" *flatlines*

It was RE2 levels of cheesy fail LOL

I can't wait either. I got my preorder and this is coming out around my birthday next year so it will be a magnificent gift <3

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
yeah thanks everyone. She's gonna stay at her mentor's for a week, then i guess we'll try to hash it out or i'll be like http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/400612/homies-over-hoes-lmao-o.gif/IMG][/QUOTE][quote="Jathaine, post: 144062089"]See, this why we need true brothers.

I had to start opening up emotionally more to my boys and once I did that its been all good ever since. I know that's hard 'cause we got that machismo but it makes a world of difference.[/QUOTE][quote="MikeBreezy92, post: 144062932"]But seriously brehs do need to do that shit though. With their women too not just they boys. Being open and if they shit on you for that then they don't need to be apart of your life plain and simple.[/QUOTE]
[quote="RP912, post: 144063556"]Forreal...

Hell I remember when this girl I used to talk to just bailed the fuck out on me after two months because of "issues". This bus driver I was cool with made me feel better about the situation with a story of how his girl cheated on him while he was in the military. He came back and kicked her ass out of the house. We had the entire bus laughing because we were trading war stories about heartbreak.

No shame with letting your peeps know what's real...[/QUOTE][img]http://i.imgur.com/x2OnG9Y.gif

JC the type of dude who has a crush on your mom and talk to her at your dad's funeral like "you know I think I should move in and be the man of the house".

RedSwirl

Y'all niggas is gay.

But seriously brehs do need to do that shit though. With their women too not just they boys. Being open and if they shit on you for that then they don't need to be apart of your life plain and simple.

Forreal...

No shame with letting your peeps know what's real...

Seriously though, this is an actual problem that's been studied. Thing is... it's most prevalent among American straight white males.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.23...486865603&uid=3739936&uid=4&uid=3739256&uid=2

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/08/american_mens_hidden_crisis_they_need_more_friends/

American white dudes apparently have the fewest "close friends" of anyone on Earth. That is, friendships which offer actual emotional support and allow for self-disclosure. If an American white male as a close confidant, 3 times out of 4 they are female.

Y'all niggas is gay.

Personally, if I opened up emotionally it would mean me complaining a lot. People get tired of that shit real fast (and with good reason).

And JC, you're wrong for that lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom