• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's hope for all of us yet, G-Fex excluded of course
vrhCfrT.png

Malyse

BlackMarvel, get your people.

23-year-old British Kim Kardashian superfan Jordan James Parke, who tells The Sun he’s spent more than $150,000 on procedures like lip injections and tattooed eyebrows to emulate the reality star’s look.

I love everything about Kim. She’s the most gorgeous woman ever. Her skin is perfect, her hair, everything about her. … I laugh when people try to insult me by telling me I look plastic or fake. Do they think I’m going for the natural look? If I was, I’d ask for my money back.
https://instagram.com/p/v_06NWQD7v/
https://instagram.com/p/wsGi7aQD26/
https://instagram.com/p/wirFVMwDzz/
https://instagram.com/p/whZilvQDzq/
https://instagram.com/p/vYTkpRwD1k/

There's hope for all of us yet, me excluded of course
vrhCfrT.png

Welp.

oh and GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

I know a few mil, ex mil, and DoD guys are here so yal will feel me when I say I nailed the DLPT. Got a 124 - I can take any language available and get paid to do it. I made it fam ;_;

test had me stressed as fuck. i had backup plans for days, but i really wanted this. all goes according to plan, i'll be learning japanese or mandarin by april

Seriously though. The DLPT was by far the hardest test I've taken in my life and was enough of a mindfuck to give me nightmares. Some of the questions were horrifying - not in a "oh shit, i don't know who gets this right?" kind of way but in a "i bet the person who gets this question right gets dragged out of the testing area by jack" way.

i made it tho ;_;

In a year DY is gonna be posting about how he's about to marry a Japanese girl and 2/3 of his GAF posts will be in Japanese.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
In a year DY is gonna be posting about how he's about to marry a Japanese girl and 2/3 of his GAF posts will be in Japanese.

Niggas in Japan Volume 2
iGsDM7jhNYH2u.png

and i'm hoping to get to work on the barbershop at the new site this weekend. invites, all that jazz. shit's been crazy hectic. my best friend's sister is due any day and their dad and grandfather demand i be there (they're old school hawaiian and ex cops. they will kill me if i'm not there lol)

and no its not mine you fucks

Young Magus

Saw this on tumblr

Lisa from Saved by the bell

Depressing
....why tho.

I know a few mil, ex mil, and DoD guys are here so yal will feel me when I say I nailed the DLPT. Got a 124 - I can take any language available and get paid to do it. I made it fam ;_;

test had me stressed as fuck. i had backup plans for days, but i really wanted this. all goes according to plan, i'll be learning japanese or mandarin by april

Seriously though. The DLPT was by far the hardest test I've taken in my life and was enough of a mindfuck to give me nightmares. Some of the questions were horrifying - not in a "oh shit, i don't know who gets this right?" kind of way but in a "i bet the person who gets this question right gets dragged out of the testing area by jack" way.

i made it tho ;_;

Yo from the heart congrats.

What language you trying to take?

DY_nasty

Big thanks to everyone, For real ;_;

I would've learned Spanish for you A_M. Know that, girl. ;_;
....why tho.

Yo from the heart congrats.

What language you trying to take?

I always wanted Russian to be first language choice but I'm not so sure now. I signed up hoping for a job in Interpol after 6-10 years. Things change though (I wanna get paid).

When looking at general areas I'd like to be in that would also keep my demand up I'm kind of struck... I wouldn't mind being in Vietnam or the Phillipines tbh. Lots of interesting stuff happening in that corner of the world that no one ever really bothers to report on heavily. Japanese puts me close. Mandarin puts me by the money (but in China :|). Korean is like... both (I just hate the idea of living in a city while knowing that the neighboring country has thousands of tons of artillery aimed at it constantly). I'm probably getting Japanese per my unit first off though. Not mad about that one bit.

I'm broke as fuck til these motherfuckers get my bonus paperwork cleaned up but its nice knowing that I got some long term shit in life legitimately nailed down. You can only take that test once every 6 months and 3 times in your life.

Fuck my flaws I got em all. Written down in a notebook. Close my eyes for new entries so I'm not shook. One of these days I'll take an audit. Limited edition death, yea I bought it. 240 CC'd the date in the calendar. Remember me unlike that nigga on the 5th of autumn. He defied the rules of the man and died a V. I'm gonna make it to the end. Uneven smiles and stance, bltized holding my balls, knocking shit over like I'm Sin. Tidal wave of electrical synspses popping through my brain. I'm Lucy for the moment but why is that fire hydrant singing? Getting darker outside my field of vision as I run to the light. I still reach my destination, dear sister you can inherent my flaws. As for the rest of you, I hate you all

Young Magus

I always wanted Russian to be first language choice but I'm not so sure now. I signed up hoping for a job in Interpol after 6-10 years. Things change though (I wanna get paid).

When looking at general areas I'd like to be in that would also keep my demand up I'm kind of struck... I wouldn't mind being in Vietnam or the Phillipines tbh. Lots of interesting stuff happening in that corner of the world that no one ever really bothers to report on heavily. Japanese puts me close. Mandarin puts me by the money (but in China :|). Korean is like... both (I just hate the idea of living in a city while knowing that the neighboring country has thousands of tons of artillery aimed at it constantly). I'm probably getting Japanese per my unit first off though. Not mad about that one bit.

I'm broke as fuck til these motherfuckers get my bonus paperwork cleaned up but its nice knowing that I got some long term shit in life legitimately nailed down. You can only take that test once every 6 months and 3 times in your life.

1) Whats some of the stuff not being reported that's interesting?
2) Not a bad first choice, will the studying cover going abroad?
3) Talking about studying languages makes me really wish I would have kept up my Spanish from HS.
Not complaining about my recent studies, just wish I did not forget most of my Spanish

cdyhybrid

Hope you got a good memory. Learning kanji from scratch is a bitch.

DY_nasty

Hope you got a good memory. Learning kanji from scratch is a bitch.
I bet :/

After I finish celebrating by not doing shit for a while, I'll start some beginner stuff.
1) Whats some of the stuff not being reported that's interesting?
2) Not a bad first choice, will the studying cover going abroad?
3) Talking about studying languages makes me really wish I would have kept up my Spanish from HS.
Not complaining about my recent studies, just wish I did not forget most of my Spanish

1) Crazy black market stuff goes on in the Phillipines as well as financing/trafficking for a lot of wild shit in general. Its like the more wide open Central America of the Pacific.
2) Nope. Just gonna be in Cali the whole time. Still nice though.
3) Check it - I can't even count to 10 in Spanish xD

cdyhybrid

I bet :/

After I finish celebrating by not doing shit for a while, I'll start some beginner stuff.

1) Crazy black market stuff goes on in the Phillipines as well as financing/trafficking for a lot of wild shit in general. Its like the more wide open Central America of the Pacific.

Biggest thing is to keep using it so you stay fresh. I took 4 years of Japanese in high school (which put me at around a second grader's conversational level) and knew enough to test out of my foreign language requirement in college. Promptly forgot like 75% of it, and probably would have forgotten another 15% if I didn't watch subtitled anime :p

mynicca1.png
Congrats fam. You talking bout AM got me reminiscing on the days niggas would be in that irc. Shit got me looking like
mjcry1.png
thinking back on it.

DY_nasty

mynicca1.png
Congrats fam. You talking bout AM got me reminiscing on the days niggas would be in that irc. Shit got me looking like
mjcry1.png
thinking back on it.

AM playing Soul Calibur 5 with *****_ in the shadow realm breh. I know they dapping me up from beyond
mjcry1.png

Young Magus

I see, well your still gonna have a nice time out here in Cali and like The Kef and I joked in the last OT, you might be in north/central cali.

As for my Spanish, I can only do introduction stuff and asking where things are.

Biggest thing is to keep using it so you stay fresh. I took 4 years of Japanese in high school (which put me at around a second grader's conversational level) and knew enough to test out of my foreign language requirement in college. Promptly forgot like 75% of it, and probably would have forgotten another 15% if I didn't watch subtitled anime :p

Truth, simple shit like conversations and simple RPGs are a few examples of using the language daily. Help me with keeping up :p

i made it tho ;_;

Fantastic. Congratulations.

DY_nasty

Dudes thirsted so hard over that girl. Like she was the last female on earth and shit.

People in the chat saw dudes legit come at my neck over her

some would even send her pms to hit me with that indirect scumbaggery

"dy ain't shit"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"i heard from nba-age that dy was talkin to devo anyways"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"that dude is such a jerk. all he does is pick on people and race bait"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"we have more in common"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"I've been working out. I like to throw some extra bananas in my protein shakes these days"

iID0pt0RBj8tH.gif

strobogo

Banned
I was the other guy and not only did the girl not tell me, but her entire FAMILY didn't tell me. I had no idea for like 6 months. They had me over for Thanksgiving and Christmas. No one mentioned she had a boyfriend. I didn't find out until I took off from work to go with the family to the children's hospital, because her baby cousin was having surgery due to a cancerous tumor on her liver. I'm at her mom's house because I was going to follow her. Right before we leave she says, "You know X is going to be there, right?". And I had no idea who she was talking about. Then she told me it was her daughter's boyfriend.

That feel in the pit of my stomach still isn't completely gone. I went anyway and it was the most uncomfortable shit, as he was super aggro towards me when he should have been questioning why this girl was having another dude over for holidays with the family and spending the night.

Probably cost 9 asscreed games in budget
Tho they always talking about how long it would take to make HD ff7 towns and they could have made em by now if they started in 2010

Square can't afford to have two games with twice the budget of GTAV in development. Lord knows Square has management issues out the ass.

But these graphics tho!
tfjqbb.gif

mnwqnv.gif

bojxvy.gif

People in the chat saw dudes legit come at my neck over her

some would even send her pms to hit me with that indirect scumbaggery

"dy ain't shit"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"i heard from nba-age that dy was talkin to devo anyways"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"that dude is such a jerk. all he does is pick on people and race bait"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"we have more in common"
iz8PilULEmp5k.png

"I've been working out. I like to throw some extra bananas in my protein shakes these days"

iID0pt0RBj8tH.gif

WAT

no fucking way, lmao

Malyse

When Noctis shows up in KH3, I hope Sora assumes from his deep voice that he's another Xehanort and attacks him. That would be hilarious.

Watching my boy play Alien: Isolation on Steam Broadcast, lmao this game has him legit shook.

that mechanic girl has the worst accent I have ever heard

I think the dubs were done for the trailer. Hopefully anyway.

XII still has the best dub of all time. Square needs to stop being stingy with the money and hire Alexander and his crew out for XV, his translations and voice acting picks were amazing.

Mortemis

Banned
that mechanic girl has the worst accent I have ever heard

I usually would rather watch a mediocre dub than ever read subtitles, but shit this game's fun sounds horrible. Sounding like Square had less of a budget for localization than some shitty anime game would have.

^Truth. FFXII had an amazing dub, nothing since has been close to it from square.

Furyous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GQjh4Ltvo

No pinked hair animu fucks in sight. Square might get $60 outta me yet. Shit has HD towns brehs. I can only imagine this game's budget must be like.

They need to release this on PC.

They already got my money because IT HAS TOWNS we can walk in. I threw $60 at the screen.

That Jordan James person is someone that has a deep tan. Nope, not buying it one bit. How does a hair dresser earn 150K to throw away?

Has anyone else gotten kicked out of a Boom Beach task force? I'm kind of miffed about this because I had no warning it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom