• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Best part of FF8:

e6gJUiv.jpg

8 is indeed > 7, but both are great games.

Tactics is the best though

Onemic

FF7>FF8>FF12>FF10

For post FF6 FF's

8 was my fav, but replaying it last year made me realize that aside from the presentation values and card game, theres a lot of shit wrong with that game.

So I just watched TMNT (2014). The turtle parts were fine. But so much Megan Fox is bad for you. It was no where as bad as people made it out to be. Really, some of it was overreacting.

Again ROF is the truth.

JohnDoe

Banned
It's a damn shame we'll never get something like FF6 again. Not even my favorite JRPG but I've been thirsting for something similar for years now.

Man, I remember the first time I fought Omega Weapon in FF8, I was so sure my Doomtrain/Lionheart tactic would destroy him just like it had everything else in the game.

I was so wrong.

His first attack annihilated everyone in my party save Selphie, who managed to barely hang on to life. I blanked out, had no idea what to do. I used a Holy War Drink to give myself time to think and sat there shuffling her limit break in the vain hope of getting a full raise when it happened. I saw the two words I had never seen before (or since) pop up in the limit break selection.

394548-theend3.jpg

Never has victory felt so good and so much of an ass-pull.

Man, I remember the first time I fought Ultima Weapon in FF8, I was so sure my Doomtrain/Lionheart tactic would destroy him just like it had everything else in the game.

I was so wrong.

His first attack annihilated everyone in my party save Selphie, who managed to barely hang on to life. I blanked out, had no idea what to do. I used a Holy War Drink to give myself time to think and sat there shuffling her limit break in the vain hope of getting a full raise when it happened. I saw the two words I had never seen before (or since) pop up in the limit break selection.

394548-theend3.jpg

Never has victory felt so good and so much of an ass-pull.

Fuck. Yes.

I know that feeling.

4=6>10-2>10=12>8>7>9>>>>>>>>13

jWILL253

Banned
Listening to "Broke With Expensive Taste" for the first time.

The best comparison I can make is... Missy Elliot with an exotic ear for beats.

That's a good thing, tough. In fact, it's a great thing so far...

Jathaine

Fuck. Yes.

I know that feeling.

4=6>10-2>10=12>8>7>9>>>>>>>>13

Call Obama, we need him to put out an executive order. We can't have everyone entitled to their own opinions anymore.

When 10-2 sits that high on the list, you know this nation is doomed.

jWILL253

Banned
There's nothing thinly veiled about Banks racism though.

Agreed. I wish Banks wasn't so damn off-putting, because under all that craze is a woman with surprising nuance (if most of that Hot97 interview is any indication) and good music.

But, at the same time, I wonder if it's that off-putting personality that makes her, her. There's been plenty of off-putting personalities in Hip-Hop that we would never ask to lose their edge. Imagine if we told Tupac to tone it all down. Would he be the same artist if he did? Would he have the same impact?

royalan

Agreed. I wish Banks wasn't so damn off-putting, because under all that craze is a woman with surprising nuance (if most of that Hot97 interview is any indication) and good music.

But, at the same time, I wonder if it's that off-putting personality that makes her, her. There's been plenty of off-putting personalities in Hip-Hop that we would never ask to lose their edge. Imagine if we told Tupac to tone it all down. Would he be the same artist if he did? Would he have the same impact?

I think there's a difference between having an edge, and being bitter-boots and spiteful just for the hell of it.

Tupac had an edge, but I don't recall him being a blatant troll like Azealia.

jWILL253

Banned
I think there's a difference between having an edge, and being bitter-boots and spiteful just for the hell of it.

Tupac had an edge, but I don't recall him being a blatant troll like Azealia.

Tupac not only publicly called out rappers from the East Coast in his music, and willingly legitimized an otherwise bullshit and made-up East Coast-West Coast beef, but he eventually attacked rappers on his own label, some of which we instrumental in his success, all because those same rappers were trying to get the fuck away from Suge Knight.

Azealia be tweetin' about niggas. And doesn't put any of that in her actual music (by choice, it turns out).

Tupac liked ruffling feathers as much as Banks does, but when he did it, it pissed someone off to the point that someone wanted him dead.

But even with all that, no one would ask him to change a damn thing, for good reason. He is who he is, and everyone loved him for it. Good with the bad, and all that. I'm starting to think it's the same with someone like Banks. And besides, I think it's a bit refreshing to see someone like Banks have legitimate issues with other rappers about how Black art is accepted and portrayed, versus seeing rappers repeatedly beef over THOT's who somehow graduated to wifey status.

10-2 as the 3rd best final fantasy?
jadawhy

For me its THE Final Fantasy. The job system was on point and the whole Charlie's Angels/Magical Girl/Girl Power vibe fit the game well. They nerfed Blitzball and the story is meh at best.

I just want a HD XII International so I can give that game a real shot.

In context, I didn't have any reverence for the other games in the series at the time because 10 was the game that I really started to go down the RPG hole with. The Legend of Dragoon was before than and even though the game hasn't aged gracefully at all is I still love it dearly.

Slayven

About to marathon Flash. If shit is not popping at least M.A.N.T.I.S. level, HTown, Esco, ANg, Rei, Parr, and Jandro can hit the bricks.

Village

Just found out Cartoon Network is having a Johnny Test marathon all day on Christmas.

Christmas is cancelled, friends.

Its a trap,

You see everyone will be playing video games on Christmas, and doing things and not watching cartoon network. And with this people will be extra sure to not watch.

That is when they will secretly air episodes of Megas XLR , Young Justice, Symbiotic titan , and Samurai jack never shown to the publick.

Silky

Banned
Damn what they do to Iggy Azalea? She got a sex tape? Maaaaaaaaaaaan

2325591540_obama_arrogant_1_xlarge.jpeg

Too bad most celebrity sex tapes are really, really bad

Malyse

Damn what they do to Iggy Azalea? She got a sex tape? Maaaaaaaaaaaan

2325591540_obama_arrogant_1_xlarge.jpeg

Too bad most celebrity sex tapes are really, really bad

I thought everyone knew about that already. That was a September thing.

----

CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT: I consider Marvel to just be an off shoot of Disney. Like how Pixar movie could be considered 3DCGI Disney movies, I consider Marvel to be Disney superhero comics and superhero movies. When you talk about Marvel, in my head we're just talking about Disney's comic division. Same deal with Star Wars.

RP912

Banned
So I just watched TMNT (2014). The turtle parts were fine. But so much Megan Fox is bad for you. It was no where as bad as people made it out to be. Really, some of it was overreacting.

Again ROF is the truth.

smh that movie became Megan Fox featuring the Turtles real fast. They treated them dudes like 2nd class citizens on some Godzilla shit :/

jWILL253

Banned
How does one properly explain that White folks can participate in anything along with anyone else, but they can't just swoop in on some "Me Too" shit, and claim some shit that isn't theirs?

Would a link to the People With Skin thread suffice?

CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT: I consider Marvel to just be an off shoot of Disney. Like how Pixar movie could be considered 3DCGI Disney movies, I consider Marvel to be Disney superhero comics and superhero movies. When you talk about Marvel, in my head we're just talking about Disney's comic division. Same deal with Star Wars.

I will say this as nuanced and calmly as I can.

FUCKING NO

Malyse

smh that movie became Megan Fox featuring the Turtles real fast. They treated them dudes like 2nd class citizens on some Godzilla shit :/
Godzilla was in like, what, 20 minutes of his movie?
How does one properly explain that White folks can participate in anything along with anyone else, but they can't just swoop in on some "Me Too" shit, and claim some shit that isn't theirs?

Would a link to the People With Skin thread suffice?

I will say this as nuanced and calmly as I can.

FUCKING NO

A: Don't waste your time.
B:

I agree with JWill on this one, DD you're belittling the history of these things before they were acquired by Disney, who have contributed little to no creative input on them. This is a good thing in my book. Give them security and let them run with it creatively.

Silky

Banned

cmon.gif

Slayven

I thought everyone knew about that already. That was a September thing.

----

Why you got to be basic all the time.

Its easier for me to see Pixar as a Disney component since that's pretty much what they've always been in the public eye, ever since Toy Story 1.

Marvel tho...they've had 50 years of various comics and movies and tv shows and cartoons and video games before Disney even came in the picture. When I read Secret Avengers or play Marvel vs Capcom or watch Captain America 2, there's nothing that says "Disney" about any of it, nothing about their acquisition that informs any of their creative decisions.

andthebeatgoeson

I can see why people love amazon. The ease of shopping, the better inventory, the customer service and the lack of lines. I just left toys r us and wanted to smack them. Lines too long.

Only downside is seeing and touching the product. I guess that's why strip clubs are big business.

I have a confession to make ya'll. I've never played a Final Fantasy game ever.
Me too. I did fuck with brave fencer misashi once.

Silky

Banned
I still don't think of Disney when I see anything Marvel related. I've been with this company buying their products since I was a kid and the fact that these are now technically disney products does nothing for me. In comparison, when I think of DC I think of Warner Bros. almost immediately, because these two things are much more intertwined than Disney/Mahvel.

I'll think of Capcom and Marvel before Disney and Marvel

Need to get on that. Start with VII.

Slayven

I never finished a FF game before

I can see why people love amazon. The ease of shopping, the better inventory, the customer service and the lack of lines. I just left toys r us and wanted to smack them. Lines too long.

Only downside is seeing and touching the product. I guess that's why strip clubs are big business.
Toys R Us will make you hit somebody.

Malyse

I agree with JWill on this one, DD you're belittling the history of these things before they were acquired by Disney, who have contributed little to no creative input on them. This is a good thing in my book. Give them security and let them run with it creatively.

I'm not referring to their past content, but rather everything they do going forward. I think that the increase in massive crossover events was mandated. I think the stories being told in a more "cinematic" form was mandated. I think that Disney is and has been exerting some pressure on Marvel to make thing more palatable for general audiences. Like Captain Marvel and Spider Woman's new outfits. Not in a "hey your gonna do this" way but in a "it would certainly be nice if this happened" way. I also think that a lot of the Disney influence is forced Marvel into catering to more than heterosexual white men, so in no way do I think this is a bad thing.

But, OPINIONS.

-----

I suppose we are protesting all our grievances now and I could not be happier.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ee-protest-over-death-dontre-hamilton-n272176

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom