• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the what?

Well at least he did;t lose his mind like DL, Cedric just has a bad agent.

Basically he tweeted "I guess y'all can't breathe either" with a link to the news story. He posted a response a little later saying it was a response to some cops that wore shirts that said "I Can Breathe"

Village

Shit

“I don’t hate women. I hate dumb b****es. I hate women who act against their interests.”
That's a dictator-ey ass sentence. That some shit kuvera thought about betar jr.

"Good googly moogly, see that loogie?
Yeah, but keep it on the D.L. Hughley
You don't watch her, he might house her [Howser] like Doogie
Just to cut her loosie like *swoosh* Mitsurugi"

Furyous

Information is still pouring in but it's safe to say that anyone who uses this incident to justify the seemingly monthly senseless killings is a hypocrite. This act is deplorable, unjustified, and in no way a reflection on the rest of us. However, if the shoes were on the other foot best believe this would've happened sooner as media outlets such as the Fox News networks of the world fan those flames even more.

When something messed up systemically happens to us, it's our fault because the system works.
When something messed up happens to them, it's the system that needs reform.

The previous two sentences are intended to refute any notion that a new wave has swept America. Moreover, they point out the different nature of responses to this situation if it were reversed. The sentences are not meant to justify this heinous crime.

The vast majority of us are going about our business like always trying to make it America.

Information is still pouring in but it's safe to say that anyone who uses this incident to justify the seemingly monthly senseless killings is a hypocrite. This act is deplorable, unjustified, and in no way a reflection on the rest of us. However, if the shoes were on the other foot best believe this would've happened sooner as media outlets such as the Fox News networks of the world fan those flames even more.

When something messed up systemically happens to us, it's our fault because the system works.

The previous two sentences are intended to refute any notion that a new wave has swept America. Moreover, they point out the different nature of responses to this situation if it were reversed. The sentences are not meant to justify this heinous crime.

The vast majority of us are going about our business like always trying to make it America.

Pretty much.

20141220_123636.jpg
ha

Malyse

the game said:
The comment in my last post was a DIRECT RESPONSE to the picture above: I didn't say it was cool that 2 cops were murdered senselessly while sitting in their car. These weren't the cop(s) that killed ERIC GARNER so it wasn't necessary they die in that manner the same as it wasn't AT ALL necessary ERIC GARNER die in the way he did. My comment also suggested that #AllLivesMatter & #ShitNeedsToChangeNow but you simple minded fucks skipped right over the real message to pull whatever negativity you could from my post... As expected. One thing about me is, I'm ME. I'm not running from my views or opinions & I'm standing firm on anything I say.. So while all of you trying to find the HATE in my post, there is NONE. What their is.... is an opinion of a man that believes the deaths of innocent people are never OKAY. Never has been !!! It just so happens, that I'm BLACK. It just so happens I grew up as a minority & have been a victim of racial profiling & police harassment in my youth the same as many so I can relate to the continuous STRUGGLE to change the way the GOVERNMENT deals with it's own employees when they're supposed to be highly trained professionals who loosely abuse the right to them wearing the badge given to them. "PROTECT & SERVE" does not mean "CHOKE & KILL" an innocent un-armed man.... Retaliating for Eric Garner's murder the way the MEDIA portrays it happened wasn't the answer either but it happened.... SO WHAT NOW... Do police KILL more civilians ??? Or do civilians KILL more police ??? Y'all can't see what's happening to our country ? Or all YALL still too focused on an iPhone app to get off of it to take a REAL LOOK AROUND ??? & you ask me, do I like police: NO !!! Do I hate police: NO !!! Have I experienced more police abusing their authority than not: YES !!! So that's why "I" say #FUCKTHEPOLICE !!! That's "MY OPINION".... Does that mean I think it's dope that 2 innocent cops were murdered: NOPE. But does it change my view on crooked police: NOPE !!! So... You can hate me, not like me, say FUCK GAME or UNFOLLOW or never support my MUSIC again because I have an opinion... SO WHAT, I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK !!! [To Be Continued..]

On Instagram

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Finally getting to watch Wolf of Wall Street since it is on Netflix. So many 'what the fuck' and 'holy shit' moments in this movie. Idk if I could have handled this in the theater.

royalan

I'm not fucking with that cop thread.

It's a terrible tragedy and shouldn't have happened, obviously.

But there's no discussion to be had. Just a lobbing of thinly veiled hate.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Basically

I am interested in the events to follow though

Once I saw a redname post basically confirming that racism/sexism are ok as long as it doesn't violate the TOS I completely abandoned the possibility of meaningful conversation about either on Gaf at large.

Michelle Monaghan in True Detective tho...I've had the biggest crush on that woman since Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005

http://s29.postimg.org/v680q4euv/monaghan.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

She was alright in the show, but then they showed the booty and I was like :whew

[quote="DominoKid, post: 144201574"]theater i saw it in was dying laughing the whole time. it was great.[/QUOTE]

That qualuudes scene is one of the funniest things in years. Holy crap, when Jonah hill looked terrified of leo I was dying

Young Magus

Yep, all this shit is really making me looking for jobs outside the states.

Question for U.K peeps: How high/low is the level of fuckery over there?

Truth, the only "good" to come from that thread is folks exposing themselves

That cop thread is going to get ugly. You can't co-sign shit like that or express sympathy or understanding for a guy that kills 2 random innocent people.

The job I've been dragging ass at and considering leaving sat me down yesterday.

They're really stoked that I'm there, ended my probationary period early and gave me a raise.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The job I've been dragging ass at and considering leaving sat me down yesterday.

They're really stoked that I'm there, ended my probationary period early and gave me a raise.
Let me be the first one to say that you still ain't shit

I can't believe some dudes out here cosigning this dude killing these cops. I already deleted Facebook cause I know damn well I ain't got time to explain and deal with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom