• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL It's really not so long as stuff is tagged properly. Every artist gets a folder and every album gets a folder in the artist folder. I understand though.

See the problem I have is, I have an entire drive set up like that. It's literally

S:\Music\Genre\Artist\Album\Songs

That's the drive's entire purpose, and I spent hours upon hours painstakingly setting it up getting all the tags right and album covers correct.

I don't trust iTunes to not fuck that up.

Young Magus

Just got home to see all this news with the cop killing (was visiting with fam in Coral Springs and randomly ran into Allen Iverson at the mall). Should I even bother looking in the GAF thread on this or is it nothing but responses to troll posts at this point?

Unless you want to lose more faith in folks then I suggest not.

J10

Banned
Yeah, iTunes doesn't separate folders by genre. It would just be Artist/Album/Songs, so if you did that your genre folders would be gone. I used to do genre separation as well but I don't miss them since I almost never go into the folders anymore anyway and my genre classifications aren't as broad and sweeping as they used to be. If you could do without that extra directory level it would be worth it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Just got home to see all this news with the cop killing (was visiting with fam in Coral Springs and randomly ran into Allen Iverson at the mall). Should I even bother looking in the GAF thread on this or is it nothing but responses to troll posts at this point?

Of course this is entirely up to you if you feel like engaging in the thread but I have dropped in to look and was immediately put off. I'm opting to pick my battles more wisely and I can do without getting involved in that thread.

This is all getting to a boiling point and for now, I'm gonna sit back and wait until people are really prepared to talk instead of throwing around faults and ignoring basic human rights. Done with the arguments and not willing to get worked up over misunderstandings and semantics.

G-Fex

Damn that album was so good. Janelle pls marry me.

Not too sure about Make the bus, but everything was some such perfection. Damn good music to make maps to.

Whelp I think I got that song Anthonio by Annie out my system, I'm on playthrough number 37.

95% of all harem is questionable, the one in question is one of them for the fan service main chick who's like a G cup or some shit

scust. Lemme guess, they look 12 but they're actually 9,000 years old gods or some shit.

cdyhybrid

Heh. If I was on my PC I'd save you the trouble.

But seriously, anyone else not celebrating with their fam this year?

Family is just over 2600 miles away and I can't afford a plane ticket, so I'll probably just be chilling and playing video games.

Will go see them early next year once the flight prices go back to normal though.

Whelp I think I got that song Anthonio by Annie out my system, I'm on playthrough number 37.

scust. Lemme guess, they look 12 but they're actually 9,000 years old gods or some shit.
108 girls, most of them late teens or more? i don't remember it's been awhile since i even was around people that talked about it

But seriously, anyone else not celebrating with their fam this year?

I'm gonna be celebrating Beefmas/birthday alone this year, (semi)willingly. Mom, my brother, and my grandma are going to visit my aunt next week for a day or two, and I don't feel like putting up with her passive-aggressive bullshit. Mom doesn't wanna go either, but she's being dragged up there. Straight-up told me she was jealous. :lol

Mom: What should I tell her if she asks about you?
Me: Tell her I have to work.
Mom: ...on XMas?
Me: ...tell her I volunteered.

andthebeatgoeson

Did Eyes Wide Shut start this thigh gap craze?

And did Tom Cruise just laugh to himself about a film about a secret society that will have you followed?

#Thatswhathewantsmetothink

Fuck insomnia. And Kubrick playing with my emotions having this shop keeper daughter be 16 in her draws.

akira28

And did Tom Cruise just laugh to himself about a film about a secret society that will have you followed?

Fuck insomnia. And Kubrick playing with my emotions having this shop keeper daughter be 16 in her draws.

Koobs was supposed to be in the know or at least exposed to that upper upper crust secret society level life. It was kind of like a double joke, a movie about a secret societ starring a guy in a secret society and directed by a guy with supposed rare insight.

lets be honest. this the GOAT kubrick movie. it's like his attempt at a david lynch movie. so blessed.

Loved Eyes Wide Shut.

You ever walk out of work after a shitty day, hop in the whip and put something on that had the best goddamn beat that just made you angrier but was in a way theraputic. Thank you Sea Legs. Thank you for helping me rage. Helping me relax.

Im like that advertisement for one of the seasons of Luther when he was knocking everything over and destroying the office. Thats me right now.

jWILL253

Banned
*Watches first episode of Sekirei*

Feenix... bruh...

5I5s8.png
5I5s8.png
5I5s8.png
5I5s8.png
5I5s8.png

strobogo

Banned
How does the BCT feel about Al Sharpton's TV show? It feels to me like he's put out there as a joke to laugh at because...well, have you seen it? He can't read or say anything right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ggHWRpsMEmk

It's uncomfortable and feels to me like the LAME STREAM MEDIA is making a fool out of him and black people and he either doesn't realize it or doesn't care because he's getting paid. Also, god damn does he need to eat once in a while. A lot of people rag on him and Jesse, but at least Jesse sounds like he knows how to read when he's on TV. Does anyone give a shit about either of them anymore? I mean besides Fox News and Rush when they want to shit on all black people by shitting on one of them.

Kreed

How does the BCT feel about Al Sharpton's TV show? It feels to me like he's put out there as a joke to laugh at because...well, have you seen it? He can't read or say anything right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ggHWRpsMEmk

It's uncomfortable and feels to me like the LAME STREAM MEDIA is making a fool out of him and black people and he either doesn't realize it or doesn't care because he's getting paid. Also, god damn does he need to eat once in a while. A lot of people rag on him and Jesse, but at least Jesse sounds like he knows how to read when he's on TV. Does anyone give a shit about either of them anymore? I mean besides Fox News and Rush when they want to shit on all black people by shitting on one of them.

MSNBC gives Al Sharpton a show because of who he is, not because he is a professional journalist. I doubt his viewers even care about things like that collection of clips in the youtube video. That's no different than Fox News and Comedy Central's comedy news programs making fun of their anchors. Smart and Articulate speakers aren't always the ones who get news shows vs the ones who get ratings.

Also MSNBC does have other black news anchor shows like Melissa Harris-Perry and The Reid Report, who's host are much better in front of a camera than Al Sharpton (which is easy since they are journalist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom