• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
MSNBC gives Al Sharpton a show because of who he is, not because he is a professional journalist. I doubt his viewers even care about things like that collection of clips in the youtube video. That's no different than Fox News and Comedy Central's comedy news programs making fun of their anchors. Smart and Articulate speakers aren't always the ones who get news shows vs the ones who get ratings.

Also MSNBC does have other black news anchor shows like Melissa Harris-Perry and The Reid Report, who's host are much better in front of a camera than Al Sharpton (which is easy since they are journalist).

He's so...embarrassing, though. Surely MSNBC, viewers, and Al himself have to see how completely stupid he comes off as. MHP is dope, though.

Dy, regarding your roommate's piss bottle, two suggestions:

1) use it to make popsicles and either give them to your roommate or give them to his friends / family and say they're his treat.

2) move the bottle somewhere near his shit, like if he's got a laptop or something. Take the cap off, toss the cap out. Play dumb if he asks.

Kreed

He's so...embarrassing, though. Surely MSNBC, viewers, and Al himself have to see how completely stupid he comes off as. MHP is dope, though.

Al's core viewers (which are probably very different from MSNBC's regular viewers) do not care. They've been following and listening to this man for decades and still follow him when he goes to rallies and events. If they weren't turned off by him in the 80s and 90s they won't be turned off now. I'm sure MSNBC knows and Al knows he's not a good journalist but he and MSNBC know that his viewers just want to hear him speak and his opinions. In addition Al likely continues to get curious/new viewers since he goes to all these rallies and events in the news involving black people which in turn cause people to turn to his show to see what he's about (even if they turn it off a few minutes later).

strobogo

Banned
Al's core viewers (which are probably very different from MSNBC's regular viewers) do not care. They've been following and listening to this man for decades and still follow him when he goes to rallies and events. If they weren't turned off by him in the 80s and 90s they won't be turned off now. I'm sure MSNBC knows and Al knows he's not a good journalist but he and MSNBC know that his viewers just want to hear him speak and his opinions. In addition Al likely continues to get curious/new viewers since he goes to all these rallies and events in the news involving black people which in turn cause people to turn to his show to see what he's about (even if they turn it off a few minutes later).

I guess. It's just so hard to watch him. Can't understand what he's saying, he says the wrong words, gets confused so easily. I'd rather watch Ed Shultz, and FUCK ED SHULTZ. He's as bad as anyone on Fox News. God damn. Fuck that guy. But then I remembered that I don't even watch any news anymore, so I shouldn't give a shit. I just wondered how people felt about a guy who has been if not a prominent, then at at least high profile leader in the black community for decades being on TV every day sounding like a complete idiot. It all seems tailor made for guys like Rush to make fun of black people.

jWILL253

Banned
B5XLPzTIgAACMNM.jpg

Cover your eyes, Slayven...

jWILL253

Banned
He doesn't.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...dash-no-longer-speak-according-to-the-actress

And man I have to sadly admit that at no point in my life did I ever connect Dame to Stacey by way of last name. It literally never occurred to me that they might be related lol.

Yeah. I kinda feel bad for her. Having a family walk out on you for your beliefs must be a tough thing to deal with.

On second thought... she's sold out to become Auntie Ruckus and play the role of "One of the Good Ones" on Fox News, so...
555322240.gif

Slayven

Yeah. I kinda feel bad for her. Having a family walk out on you for your beliefs must be a tough thing to deal with.

On second thought... she's sold out to become Auntie Ruckus and play the role of "One of the Good Ones" on Fox News, so...
555322240.gif

I can't wait until she get that wakeup call.

Village

The day Spiderman series died.

"died"

A Most spidey comics aren't good anyways. Like a disproportionate amount, to the degree in which you question how peter parker is their mascot. Like to the point where you can point to almost any era of spidey comics and be like , that was shit.

This is business as usual.

Slayven

Black Guy who tips is going in, speaking the hottest of truth

"died"

A Most spidey comics aren't good anyways. Like a disproportionate amount, to the degree in which you question how peter parker is their mascot. Like to the point where you can point to almost any era of spidey comics and be like , that was shit.

The fuck?? Nigga rocking a Sonic avatar in 2014 is saying this?

"died"

No.

See the problem I have is, I have an entire drive set up like that. It's literally

S:\Music\Genre\Artist\Album\Songs

That's the drive's entire purpose, and I spent hours upon hours painstakingly setting it up getting all the tags right and album covers correct.

I don't trust iTunes to not fuck that up.

If we're talking accumulated hours it's probably taken me several days' worth of my time, but over the course of the past few years I've personally tagged and organized all my music according to how they're laid out in the playlists. It's kinda tiresome in that you have to personally rearrange all your shit if there are any big playlist changes (which I actually just did a couple of days ago when I got my laptop), but it's really helpful as far as actually knowing where everything is. I just have my actual iTunes information folder set to my Music library under my account folder or whatever it's called, so playlist data and stuff is saved there. My actual playlist organization looks like this:

HjAbb7c.png

Most people don't have a good 50-60 gigs of VGM, though.

jWILL253

Banned
I really don't understand.

I'm listening to the BGWT podcast. I reeeeaaaaaallllllly don't fucking understand how these people on the news can just lie. They aren't "hearing what they want to hear", it isn't a perception issue. These mothafuckas are straight up lying.

Why? Just why? All these pundits know that they're lying. Stacey Dash knows that she's lying. How the fuck do they wake up in the morning? Are they just so goddamn narcissistic and unempathetic, that they just feel nothing at all?

Slayven

Yes

Yes, I know bad.

Parker Comics have tendency of being ain't shit , ... alot.

If you have a severe character flaw like hating the greatest superhero ever, I can't fix that dog. I am sorry. It is a Ishi of a problem

I'm listening to the BGWT podcast. I reeeeaaaaaallllllly don't fucking understand how these people on the news can just lie. They aren't "hearing what they want to hear", it isn't a perception issue. These mothafuckas are straight up lying.

Why? Just why? All these pundits know that they're lying. Stacey Dash knows that she's lying. How the fuck do they wake up in the morning? Are they just so goddamn narcissistic and unempathetic, that they just feel nothing at all?
News is a business, especially cable news. They got 24 hours of ratings they are trying to get.

Money.

Village

If you have a severe character flaw like hating the greatest superhero ever, I can't fix that dog. I am sorry. It is a Ishi of a problem

I don't hate peter

I like him, his comics however aren't that great a lot of the time.

And I still buy them. I have a problem.

I don't hate peter

I like him, his comics however aren't that great a lot of the time.

And I still buy them. I have a problem.

not really an exclusively spider-man trait

more like a "popular superhero character handled by hundreds of different writers and artists writing thousands of comics" trait

Batman, Superman, Iron Man, X-Men, Dr. Strange, you name it...most of their comics aint nothing to write home unless you're a dedicated fan. But every now and again you'll get Stern/Romita ASM or Engelhart/Rogers/Austin Batman or Simonson Thor or Moore/Bissette/Tolteben Swamp Thing and you're like, "Damn, what a great character, what a good comic".

Sou Da

more like a "popular superhero character handled by hundreds of different writers and artists writing thousands of comics" trait

Dr. Strange

Y'all better thank Feige for that movie because there's no way in hell he'd keep an ongoing otherwise.

Though I remember GRRM said he wanted to do a Dr.Strange graphic novel.

Strange has his moments. Ditko, Engelhart, Stern...not so much nowadays, heh. Some of his recent reboots from Greg Pak/Emma Rios and Mark Waid/Emma Rios were pretty Sub-Zero tier.

Sou Da

Strange has his moments. Ditko, Engelhart, Stern...not so much nowadays, heh. Some of his recent reboots from Greg Pak/Emma Rios and Mark Waid/Emma Rios were pretty Sub-Zero tier.

I thought people liked Doctor is out? He's just doing stuff for the Illuminati now right?

Village

Clearly. I mean, how can you still be a fan of the Sonic brand after all the basura they've been giving you?

They have interesting comics , and Interesting games. Also there are a bunch of aesthetic character design reasons, but that gets into art talk, and mickey mouse and stuff like that and I don't wanna nerd out on ya.

Some less than others, and at least with sonic the issue 90% is , "instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, sit down and make the thing good this was almost a thing. Why do you keep changing the thing team rocket " And then they actually work on a thing 5 minutes and its good, So hopefully whatever boom game they have next whatever 3rd party development team, actually works on the thing for 5 minutes

With a lot of comics, the case " I don't even know how you thought this was even a thing, why ... what?"

Batman, Superman, Iron Man, X-Men, Dr. Strange, you name it...most of their comics aint nothing to write home unless you're a dedicated fan. But every now and again you'll get Stern/Romita ASM or Engelhart/Rogers/Austin Batman or Simonson Thor or Moore/Bissette/Tolteben Swamp Thing and you're like, "Damn, what a great character, what a good comic".

It isn't, but spidey, at least to me for some reason has had the shit luck and keeps rolling shit.

I don't understand why folks hate him

Superior Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man-related trolling for most haters.

That and (now this one is my personal opinion) I found his post-SSM work... bland. But maybe I ought to pick it back up, as I hear Spider-Verse is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom