• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I could get down with this "KorrAssami" ship that the following image presents but I highly doubt this is Bryan & Mike.

Even Mike linking that Vanity Fair article still doesn't hold water either.

Korrasami is the head canon until something conformable on wax appears.

I kind of want to watch Korra now to get those character building moments, but than I remember the rest of it is terrible.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So, I'm guessing Shocktroopers are the shit in VC? I've been putting points into snipers more than everyone else, but just ran Rosie's prejudice/racist ass up to the capture point in mission 3 (the bridge) and cleared 4 troops in four turns.
Yea...I wasn't paying attention this mission... >.>

The Thing

lol. One of the GOATs

Watch "May", " The Black Klansman" and "the invention of lying"

Then watch Excision.

Should I watch it?
I'm not big on horror.

wait for it...

Should I watch Predator and Alien too?

WAIT FOR IT...

Yes. Fuck yes. Just goddamn yes.

So, I'm guessing Shocktroopers are the shit in VC? I've been putting points into snipers more than everyone else, but just ran Rosie's prejudice/racist ass up to the capture point in mission 3 (the bridge) and cleared 4 troops in four turns.
Yea...I wasn't paying attention this mission... >.>

lol. One of the GOATs

Then watch Excision.

There are certain characters who are really, REALLY goddamn broken. Alicia can run all the way to the goal in a single turn. Cause of certain buffs. But there is a blonde haired scout who has runners high. My god its so good.

Those feels when everybody 20 or over at church has a kid except you

image.php

Kreed

Isn't WET every other damn channel in existence except for BET, TVOne, Bounce, MTV Jams & those Spanish & Asian blocks on satellite TV?

Yep, in the US anyway. But that's the point. They don't get that "black history month", "black pride", etc... are all ways for black people to get recognition in a sea of white US culture and instead just focus on the labels and a "if you can have it why can't I?" attitude.

I figured it would be that flimsy.

For me, that's when I got on the ship. That was undeniable as fuck though. The old end game was Makorra if the show would've one offed like it was planned to. Then Mako was set up to fail and fail he did and both of them are now giving the Spirit World a show that won't be forgotten.

Slayven

For me, that's when I got on the ship. That was undeniable as fuck though. The old end game was Makorra if the show would've one offed like it was planned to. Then Mako was set up to fail and fail he did and both of them are now giving the Spirit World a show that won't be forgotten.

who did Bolin end up with?

Silky

Banned
I just watched a fistfight between two women around my age in front of my house. From beginning to end. No cop interference. Even when I called the cops.

That's what y'all do out here, Georgia?

Furyous

birdman-spiderman.jpg

^^^^^ WAT.

We need to wish DMX's first album a happy birthday. This release officially cemented the changing of the guard in hip-hop.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
best friend for the past 4 years truly ain't shit lol

goddamned shame - but i am proud of myself a bit for realizing when to just throw the towel in on people

Malyse

best friend for the past 4 years truly ain't shit lol

goddamned shame - but i am proud of myself a bit for realizing when to just throw the towel in on people
I've given up on the concept of best friends. Too many transient people in my life. But military does that. I just enjoy the time we have and when time comes to part...

No new friends, no new friends, no new friends, no no new. I can give a fuck about these niggas long as my bitches love me. Cause all I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs.

DY_nasty

I've given up on the concept of best friends. Too many transient people in my life. But military does that.

I'm a military brat too - so I understand that mentality completely.

Sucks because this dude was pretty much my entire support system while I was going through rehab and a load of fuckshit at my last unit. Couldn't talk to family because they didn't need to hear it, my relationship at the time was based on both of us being strong - I couldn't do that when I couldn't even brush my own hair using my left arm anymore, and I was just surrounded by a lot of bad people for a while.

I'm not upset about it (and this dude has done a lot worse than simply show he doesn't know how to fucking live anymore) but it just kinda reminded me that life flows and certain people are great for certain periods of your life at certain times in their life. I'd love to stay cool with the guy, but he hasn't done shit with his life in 2 years. 2 solid years. What's there to talk about?

Another thing to is that I will not drag people that I legitimately care about across the finish line anymore. If I have to force someone to help themselves or manipulate them into helping themselves, then I'm not even seeing them as an equal or whole person anymore. I see them as work than I put in. I just get resentful after a while. And the thing is, its not even about where a person is at the time - its about the progress. If someone was without a job, I could at least see eye to eye and talk, help, go back and forth, etc about finding a job. You gotta see progress around you.

Having to recognize people that you care about as dead weight sucks but its something that has to be done. Dude could've taken the same test I did last week and passed it but instead he's pissing in bottles playing Destiny, drinking all night in his dank ass room, lying to himself about what the military did to him (it didn't do shit to him - bagram is a fucking vacation), and pretending that he's happy with his life because he works out.

oh well :/

Malyse

I'm a military brat too - so I understand that mentality completely.

Sucks because this dude was pretty much my entire support system while I was going through rehab and a load of fuckshit at my last unit. Couldn't talk to family because they didn't need to hear it, my relationship at the time was based on both of us being strong - I couldn't do that when I couldn't even brush my own hair using my left arm anymore, and I was just surrounded by a lot of bad people for a while.

I'm not upset about it (and this dude has done a lot worse than simply show he doesn't know how to fucking live anymore) but it just kinda reminded me that life flows and certain people are great for certain periods of your life at certain times in their life. I'd love to stay cool with the guy, but he hasn't done shit with his life in 2 years. 2 solid years. What's there to talk about?

Another thing to is that I will not drag people that I legitimately care about across the finish line anymore. If I have to force someone to help themselves or manipulate them into helping themselves, then I'm not even seeing them as an equal or whole person anymore. I see them as work than I put in. I just get resentful after a while. And the thing is, its not even about where a person is at the time - its about the progress. If someone was without a job, I could at least see eye to eye and talk, help, go back and forth, etc about finding a job. You gotta see progress around you.

Having to recognize people that you care about as dead weight sucks but its something that has to be done. Dude could've taken the same test I did last week and passed it but instead he's pissing in bottles playing Destiny, drinking all night in his dank ass room, lying to himself about what the military did to him (it didn't do shit to him - bagram is a fucking vacation), and pretending that he's happy with his life because he works out.

oh well :/

Oh its *that* dude? Yeah, sorry for the loss but sounds like time has come, gone, and is coming back around to lap.

----

Am I the only one who gets down with sushi?

Slayven

Maybe I am not a gamer, but what game gets so good you can't walk 10 feet to the bathroom?

Piss bottles seriously got my mind blown, and I say that as a Tigerr Benson fan

Imm0rt4l

Just finished eating all you can eat sushi with my sisters. I know I said we should never bring her up but my sister made me aware of something. Amerie is doing book reviews on youtube.

DY_nasty

Maybe I am not a gamer, but what game gets so good you can't walk 10 feet to the bathroom?

Piss bottles seriously got my mind blown, and I say that as a Tigerr Benson fan

This is what kills me - he told me that he pissed in a bottle while I was in the bathroom after I just got done fileting his ass for how he was living a fucking lie lol.

Even then though. That shit had to be sitting in his room for a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom