• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
playing some of the GOTG I suppose

http://abload.de/img/knack-recovered92o2n.gif[IMG]

Got another job interview tomorrow, still putting my GTX 970 through its paces, adjusting my workout schedule around World Gym's holiday hours, working through True Detective and Transparent, [B]listening to Sun Kil Moon[/B] in public while dudes give me that "dis nigga..." look when I get into that shit, and hollering at your girl even though she really aint shit[/QUOTE]

Listening to them right now. Think this is the first time I've seen anyone mention them on GAF.

A lot of dumb shit honestly. Not enough hits, no grammys, signed with Jay-z, his sound changing from Illmatic to now. Not having the amount of influence as Pac or Biggie (I say bullshit).

7 platinum albums, 2 golds. #2 behind Jay-Z in all time #1 hip-hop albums (tied with Ye and Em)

I would also say he influenced this current crop of "lyrical rappers", one of them made a got damn song about how he let him down, another certain light skinned slightly sensitive rapper put a "Nas part" in his hair.

1.Rakim
2.Pac
3.Biggie
4.Ice Cube
5.Common

put "Chi-town's Nas" on your top 5 but not Nas brehs

Trey

I think subscribing to marvel unlimited was my L of the year. Not because I don't like comics, but because that website and Marvel support is gutter trash tier.

J10

Banned
549862bdbdf75.jpg

Mike Colter to Star as Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones

I wonder what your co-workers top 5 is...

He's #1 on my list and I understand if people don't put him up there. But getting "shitted on" for mentioning him brings your co-workers credibility when discussing hip-hop in question brah
Silk the Shocker

That one people know from Wu Tang but don't know his name

Fat Joe

Muhammad Ali

Kool More Dee

Jathaine

1.Rakim
2.Pac
3.Biggie
4.Ice Cube
5.Common

No disrespect to Common or Rakim but I don't see how they are top 5 material but Nas isn't even worth mentioning. I really am trying to figure out his tastes.
Everyone listed would probably make it in my top 10 but I don't understand how Rakim is supposed to be the world's greatest.

Its all subjective, yeah, how does this work? Left me scratchin' my head.

RP912

Banned
My top 5:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Nas
3. Ras Kass
4. MF Grimm
5. Charlies Hamilton (meh to your opinions of the subject)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom