• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we just do a whole page on JC starting his job driving Ms.Daisy come monday?

yeah, and you don't see me throwing back some lame ass retorts and catching feelings like a elementary school child, because I can't stop myself from replying to every single remark about me

damn some niggas are fragile, b

Imm0rt4l

Malyse

To be clear, this is a link implying through on site pictures that the gun in Berkeley was planted.

Didn't we just do a whole page on JC starting his job driving Ms.Daisy come monday?

To be fair, he kinda asked for it.
yeah, and you don't see me throwing back some lame ass retorts and catching feelings like a elementary school child, because I can't stop myself from replying to every single remark about me

Or you just aren't competent enough to retort.
----

Might take a contract in Texas.

Also, there are too many Dream people now.

Slayven

So I should just sit back and see what happens?
Yeah just chill and let things happen. It is easy to overthink your ass out of a relationship.

Hey, next time he replies to himself it will be to cuss himself out.

Yeah just chill and let things happen. It is easy to overthink your ass out of a relationship.

Hey, next time he replies to himself it will be to cuss himself out.

True lol thanks I guess we'll see. I guess I was just a little underwhelmed last night. Never really thought so much but i'm really starting to like the girl myself so I started tripping.

Slayven

True lol thanks I guess we'll see. I guess I was just a little underwhelmed last night. Never really thought so much but i'm really starting to like the girl myself so I started tripping.

Yeah don't appear so thirsty, like you got shit going on.

"Hmm he ain't return my text right away, he must be out there grinding."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
shit reminds me of when i was still playing football. i just hit 425 on the squat rack - my all-time max and was hype as fuck. dapping up everyone. this dude comes up to me while i'm still feeling myself and asks if i was done with the weights

am i done? motherfucker you see this work. i didn't even look to see who it was just shrugged him off and turned the speakers up.

dude casually moved the 425 from the squat rack to the bench and repped that shit like it was nothing. i never wanted to fuck someone's gf so bad in my life

Yeah don't appear so thirsty, like you got shit going on.

"Hmm he ain't return my text right away, he must be out there grinding."

You're right man... I think on that front i've been doing a good job of showing her that I got my shit that i'm working on.

Should I still hit her up later about hanging out this weekend or wait for her to hit me up about it first?

Slayven

You're right man... I think on that front i've been doing a good job of showing her that I got my shit that i'm working on.

Should I still hit her up later about hanging out this weekend or wait for her to hit me up about it first?

You can still ask her out, just don't be Dating Gaf about it.

You can still ask her out, just don't be Dating Gaf about it.

lmfao dawg that will definitely not happen, i'll promise you that. thanks again. i needed that anonymous reassurance since i didn't want to come off as a thirsty whiny ass dude to my buddies about it in real life.

AfroMW

shit reminds me of when i was still playing football. i just hit 425 on the squat rack - my all-time max and was hype as fuck. dapping up everyone. this dude comes up to me while i'm still feeling myself and asks if i was done with the weights

am i done? motherfucker you see this work. i didn't even look to see who it was just shrugged him off and turned the speakers up.

dude casually moved the 425 from the squat rack to the bench and repped that shit like it was nothing. i never wanted to fuck someone's gf so bad in my life

7fyt9ht.png

lmao

This is true. I had to modify my posting style to comply with Section 9110024 Article L, Paragraph S, and Sentence G of the BCT Rules and Regulations.

You too? Fuck that whole article

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

"playtime is over"

I was at work today and since it was a little slow I was standing by two of my coworkers that I was somewhat cool with. They were talking about something I don't know what and then one of them said "Hands up don't shoot" and raised his arms and looked at me. I responded that it wasn't a joke and it was a valid protest. I then stated that black people are discriminated against police the most out of anybody else.

Then they replied asked what about mexicans and how nobody cared when a mexican was killed by the police when he got choked out but when it happened to Eric Garner the media and everybody was talking about it. I told them that the reason why was because the community stepped up and called them out on it which then caused it to gain media attention. Then they said that it recieved such attention because the media had an agenda. Then one of them said blacks commit more crime so thats why they keep dying. I told him that blacks are convicted of more crimes, not commiting more crimes. I then stated that I will pull up all the stats that show what I was saying was correct. At that point our supervisor who is native american came up and called them out saying that blacks and native american are both twice as likely to get convicted of crimes than anybody else and ended the conversation at that. So as she walks off they said native american and mexicans same thing and start laughing I shake my head say "That's fucked up" and walked off. I thanked her for stepping in and setting them straight because I knew they didn't take what I said seriously.

So after all that is said and done I talk to some of the older black coworkers and tell them what happened. One of them said that I shouldn't really talk to other people outside of my race about stuff like that because more than likely they won't want to understand and they would rather dwell in their ignorance. The other one basically told me that they can sympathize with us but they will never be able to empathize with us due to not having to deal with the shit. He then said that he expected one of the guys i talked to originally to say some dumb shit but thought the other one had some more common sense.

I won't lie I do feel at fault for this because when i first started working here I went through OJT with the white guys and I would always make racial jokes and shit. Nothing serious just chicken jokes, grape drink, etc basically shitty Dave Chappelle type jokes. I think I allowed them to get themselves comfortable enough that they feel they could say some shit and I would think it would be funny.

Imm0rt4l

I remember when whoomp used to post in bct. Also the time he masturbated to a justin beiber poster.

Now that I think about maybe thats why he stopped posting in here.

Lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That sucks iceman but sounds pretty common for workplace ignorance especially the desire to get the last word with the "lol Native American Mexican same thing". Them joking about hands up don't shoot but not wanting to believe in the facts and statistics is typical diet racism to relieve the stress or guilt they feel for what is actually a serious situation. That's no excuse but the older black coworkers you talked to are sadly right about how it goes of the time.

Slayven

I was at work today and since it was a little slow I was standing by two of my coworkers that I was somewhat cool with. They were talking about something I don't know what and then one of them said "Hands up don't shoot" and raised his arms and looked at me. I responded that it wasn't a joke and it was a valid protest. I then stated that black people are discriminated against police the most out of anybody else.

Then they replied asked what about mexicans and how nobody cared when a mexican was killed by the police when he got choked out but when it happened to Eric Garner the media and everybody was talking about it. I told them that the reason why was because the community stepped up and called them out on it which then caused it to gain media attention. Then they said that it recieved such attention because the media had an agenda. Then one of them said blacks commit more crime so thats why they keep dying. I told him that blacks are convicted of more crimes, not commiting more crimes. I then stated that I will pull up all the stats that show what I was saying was correct. At that point our supervisor who is native american came up and called them out saying that blacks and native american are both twice as likely to get convicted of crimes than anybody else and ended the conversation at that. So as she walks off they said native american and mexicans same thing and start laughing I shake my head say "That's fucked up" and walked off. I thanked her for stepping in and setting them straight because I knew they didn't take what I said seriously.

So after all that is said and done I talk to some of the older black coworkers and tell them what happened. One of them said that I shouldn't really talk to other people outside of my race about stuff like that because more than likely they won't want to understand and they would rather dwell in their ignorance. The other one basically told me that they can sympathize with us but they will never be able to empathize with us due to not having to deal with the shit. He then said that he expected one of the guys i talked to originally to say some dumb shit but thought the other one had some more common sense.

I won't lie I do feel at fault for this because when i first started working here I went through OJT with the white guys and I would always make racial jokes and shit. Nothing serious just chicken jokes, grape drink, etc basically shitty Dave Chappelle type jokes. I think I allowed them to get themselves comfortable enough that they feel they could say some shit and I would think it would be funny.
This might sound crazy. But you got to train the folks you working with, let them know early on what you are cool with

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Thats the kinda quote they put on tombstones.

lmfao dawg that will definitely not happen, i'll promise you that. thanks again. i needed that anonymous reassurance since i didn't want to come off as a thirsty whiny ass dude to my buddies about it in real life.

I would've suggested you got to SRK's Relationship thread but I don't think anyone is raw enough for that lol

Jado

Banned
That led to both of us liking each other's pictures, which led to me DMing her, to getting her number to us texting each other. This was a week ago and the conversation was really good that whole time! We found out we both had a lot in common and despite our 3 year age difference she impressed me with her maturity.

I was wondering how a mere 3-year age difference could be a factor unless you were high school kids. Now I see you're both still pretty young and that "long drive" is definitely a test for young people starting a relationship. I dealt with that at your age and it did kinda suck. You might work something out but it might weigh on her throughout the relationship, especially after the infatuation phase ends.

If the ages here were 31 and 28, all this wouldn't be a factor and she'd be giving you the "husband test."

Imm0rt4l

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25813192&postcount=421

more specifically
So I'm doing my thang, thinking of all the things I wanna do to Sally, and then about 45 seconds in I feel like I'm past the point of no return. I could tell that the load was gonna be one for the ages, and I worried that the two kleenex I had in my left hand weren't gonna do the trick. I had to open my eyes to make sure I avoided making a mess, and as a result I ended up making eye-contact with the Beibs just as I let it fly into the tissue. What can I say? I ain't proud, but I ain't ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom