• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

XCOM has been in my Steam backlog for far too long, along with about 50 other games I got on sale. I am terrible at playing new games, I stick to a few and just play them obsessively, I have an issue with starting new games. Once I get into them, and so long as they really grab me, then I will put some quality time into them, but I tend to just let them sit there unplayed and go back to my usual games over and over.

PC

On this bomb disposal mission in South Africa and it's a complete walkover, but as soon as I hit Continue after the mission it just hangs forever until I kill the process.

That's odd.

Fuck XCom.

I always lose my squad and alien forever taking over my world :(.

We've all been there, can't get attached lol.

I'm playing majoras mask for the first time. This is interesting. Definitely unlike other Zeldas

Closest game to it is Link's Awakening and they're not close at all.
They're the two best Zelda games though.

royalan

Yo, so is it weird to feel like this new gen STILL hasn't started yet?

I walked into a GameStop today completely intent on leaving with either a PS4 or Xbox One. Thought it was time to stop pussyfooting around and just jump in.

But after 10 minutes of browsing the selection for both systems, I was just like, "...nah" picked up some games for my PS3 that I never got around to playing and walked out.

The selection was abysmal, and NOTHING seemed "must have." FPS (zzzz), Horror Games (zzzz), Racing games (I'd rather let Mr. Marcus go in raw), sequels to franchises I was never all that in love with in the first place and was ready to leave behind. I had thought that Destiny would be the game to make me jump into next gen, but that's become a terrible flop.

Just NOTHING is screaming "Next Gen is NOW!" I know there are games coming soon that I really want but, damn, by this time in the PS3's life cycle the initial drought was ending and quality, hype-filled games were pouring in.

Am I missing something here?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's why after my clan got tired of destiny I went back to my wii u/PS3 back log. Before destiny I hadn't turned on my ps4 for months. I've got a back long of games (AC, shadow or mordor, evil within) but it just doesn't interest me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Nope, which is exactly why I haven't jumped in yet. I mean there are 2 or 3 games that have me excited to play but not a single one is enough to be a system seller for me, nor does a purchase at the current price seem worthwhile without more than I have seen so far on the horizon. Maybe this year's E3 will change that but IDK, right now last gen + PC is looking more than sufficient for me.
Closest game to it is Link's Awakening and they're not close at all.
They're the two best Zelda games though.
Your spoiler is 100% truth.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You're missing the fact that you should just build a pc instead.

Also I Am Legend and I, Robot were both good. Don't give a damn about whether they match the stories they came from. What's next, complaining about Tom Bombadil being cut from Lord of the Rings?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I enjoyed I, Robot for what it was. I haven't seen I Am Legend. Wish they went with the original script for Hancock, it was way more hardcore than what we got in the end.
What's next, complaining about Tom Bombadil being cut from Lord of the Rings?
STOP SHITTING ON TOLKIEN'S HEADSTONE.

Actually a better question is why all the only black people in LOTR are evil.

ReiGun

Never finishing Link to the Past and never playing Majora or Link's Awakening are the biggest black marks on my Zelda fan card.

RBK

Banned
Sunset Overdrive, MyPark, and 64 players on Battlefield are enough to justify my XB1 purchase so far. The graphical improvements are a plus as well.

Don't think you'll be seeing as much variety in AAA games as gaming progresses, that's where the indie games come in.

Booshka

Next gen is so underwhelming that the "10 year Lifespan" of the PS3 is actually true.

Same goes for 360 actually, and it's an 05 console so it is even more true. Ton of people still on last gen consoles.

Bloodborne is the only reason I care at all about the PS4, otherwise I would be content to stick with the gaming PC I built back in early 2013.

Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Shadow of Mordor, and GTA V Redux covers my "Rule of Three".

I can understand if you don't like them, but that shit is mad next-gen. Especially because in the case of Forza, Shadow, and GTA V, I have the last-gen versions too.

Well I'm at the point where I don't have a backlog so it's next gen from here.

GTAV is weirdly better next gen. Not even considering FPS mode. It just looks good.

Village

Random thought

Can I say appreciate the increased criticism, at least from what i noticed , of MRA's in a lot of television media as of late. I think that's neat, I think it should continue.

That is all

RedSwirl

Nope. It really hasn't started yet. I don't think it's going to until Witcher 3, Batman, Just Cause 3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and Halo 5 drop.

Nakazato

Watching the slap and that fucking kid deserved it. He's lucky he didn't slap the shit out of him again. Then used an fucking switch

Shit I wanted to slap him

TheOGB

Banned
Minish Cap and Four Swords GBA/DSi were the first Zelda games I completed, and since then I've played and beaten Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds. They were all dope.

The world of Majora's Mask fascinates me but I only got halfway through the first dungeon before getting distracted by something else. Pretty sure I haven't played any other 3D Zelda, come to think of it. But I'm definitely getting MM3D.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, tried Googling stuff and nothing. 4/4 times the game has shit itself after finishing this mission. Guess I'll start over.

Shy

i really need to finish my playthrough of witcher 2 before 3 comes out, cause i want to import it.
anyone else doing that.?

RBK

Banned
Nope. It really hasn't started yet. I don't think it's going to until Witcher 3, Batman, Just Cause 3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and Halo 5 drop.

That's just hype more than anything.

Destiny is/was the game depending on who you ask. Similar to the first Gears last gen.

Watching the slap and that fucking kid deserved it. He's lucky he didn't slap the shit out of him again. Then used an fucking switch

Shit I wanted to slap him
Does this mean it's worth watching? I could use a good laugh.

Booshka

Dark Souls is the best Zelda game.

Full disclosure, I have never completed a Zelda game. When I was a young kid I got bored of the first Zelda and went back outside to play with friends, ever since then I have never owned a Nintendo console, so I played Playstation and Xbox games.

I have a GBA, but Link to the Past is so absurdly expensive, that it's hard to play it on there.

Nakazato

That's just hype more than anything.

Destiny is/was the game depending on who you ask. Similar to the first Gears last gen.

Does this mean it's worth watching? I could use a good laugh.
Truthfully its just was an OK 1st but it has room for growth. Got some great actors in it but only time can tell if its a good show

Gave him that burn knuckle lol.

lmao

I walked into a GameStop today completely intent on leaving with either a PS4 or Xbox One. Thought it was time to stop pussyfooting around and just jump in.

But after 10 minutes of browsing the selection for both systems, I was just like, "...nah" picked up some games for my PS3 that I never got around to playing and walked out.

The selection was abysmal, and NOTHING seemed "must have." FPS (zzzz), Horror Games (zzzz), Racing games (I'd rather let Mr. Marcus go in raw), sequels to franchises I was never all that in love with in the first place and was ready to leave behind. I had thought that Destiny would be the game to make me jump into next gen, but that's become a terrible flop.

Just NOTHING is screaming "Next Gen is NOW!" I know there are games coming soon that I really want but, damn, by this time in the PS3's life cycle the initial drought was ending and quality, hype-filled games were pouring in.

Nah, this gen's looking like it'll be a slow burn, kind of riffing on older iterations on stuff spun up last gen. I bought my XBO / MCC combo on black friday knowing full well it was going to be an updated Halo / GTAV / netflix machine for the first couple years.

Everyone should play Link's Awakening. I stopped playing the game for a month with just the final dungeon to complete because I didn't want the game to be over. It is the only game that legitimately made me want to cry. It is undoubtedly the best game in the franchise.
Majora's Mask is a very close second in my opinion though. I wouldn't fault anyone who swapped the order.

Now this NBA fashion show is gonna bless us with a Wale performance, man what the fuck am I watching
D1eR4vc.gif

Village

I'm more excited for DmC Definitive Edition than anything else coming to next-gen right now.

Bloodborne looks hot tho.

I can't say agree, new jrpg's have my hyped up. And some Nintendo stuff, a lot of stuff actually.

However I will say I am glad DMC4 Special exists and very hype for that remake

Consoles usually start off slow and spike up 2-3 years in, not to mention that the relevance of console exclusivity is slowly going the way of my hairline.

That's not really an excuse for anything, I'm pretty sure my next console purchase is gonna be a 360 at this point.

How the fuck does Flo Rida still keep getting work?!

"If you catch me with a Flo Rida CD, steel on me... stomp me in the mothafuckin throat" - Jamie Foxx

RedSwirl

I don't even consider Dark Souls and Zelda to be the same kind of game.

That's the problem with the Zelda community. Nobody agrees on which games are the best because the franchise means something different to every one of its fans. They each have a different definition for what makes Zelda.

Malyse

Consoles usually start off slow and spike up 2-3 years in, not to mention that the relevance of console exclusivity is slowly going the way of my hairline.

That's not really an excuse for anything, I'm pretty sure my next console purchase is gonna be a 360 at this point.
Tell that to the wii u. Only current gen worth buying atm.

cdyhybrid

How the fuck does Flo Rida still keep getting work?!

"If you catch me with a Flo Rida CD, steel on me... stomp me in the mothafuckin throat" - Jamie Foxx

Dude takes dance hits, throws a few basic-ass verses over em, writes a catchy hook, and rakes in the cash.

Can't knock the hustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom