• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Gotta admit, DaHell is one of those guilty pleasure memes where you know what you're getting yourself into when you see it, but can't help but chuckle when it comes up. The Hard Knock Life album edit kills me every time.

Shy

Hi guys, sorry for the long multiquote post, still trying in to get back in the swing of things.
Brehs Morgan just became Niggatello in walking dead.
Lol pretty much, i'm glad he's back in the show (i knew that wasn't him dead last ep.) cause i felt bad when we saw him awhile go that he went a bit mental.
So with Keith David voicing the Arbiter and Mike Colter voicing and playing Agent Locke ...

... Is Halo now one of the most diverse AAA games on the market fam?
Nope, because MS/343i are gonna keep his helmet on the entire time and say he's whatever ethnicity you want him to be, as not to piss off their core audience.
Dbz movie spoiler

vegeta gets waxed by frieza. Frieza blows up earth. Goku goes back in time 3 minutes and kills frieza. Blue haired super Saiyans

:lol
You know, with vegta being my favorite character i don't know why reading that makes me sad, because at this point i shouldn't expect anything else.
Quoted for maxium truth.
I feel like anime in the 1990s and 1980s were real. At times they were a little nonsensical

Post 2000 shit got soft.
That moe and waifu take over.
Well those are the only folks that will drop 70 bucks on 3 episode dvds.
*sigh* yeah.
rejoice.png

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

Edit: I GOT GOOD NEWS FAM!
Congrats Magus. hope it's awesome news.

Numb

Well it happened already and nothing can be done now.
I thought funerals were something everyone took seriously but it seems like there are dumb people who go to them too.

Numb

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
The last anime I watched was Michiko to Hatchin which I finished almost a month ago. There some questions and issues I wanted to express, but no one replied to me in Anime-Gaf so I think I'll make a thread about it tomorrow.

I remember not liking that show when I first saw it. Main character is cool tho.

RedSwirl

About to put in Top Five. I know nothing about this movie other than Chris Rock's name is on it. I don't even think I've seen a Chris Rock production other than the last half of Good Hair.

So, Buhari won the general election in Nigeria...

Right when my parents decide to go to Southern Nigeria. I don't expect anything extreme, but I'll admit, I'm worried.

jmood88

So, Buhari won the general election in Nigeria...

Right when my parents decide to go to Southern Nigeria. I don't expect anything extreme, but I'll admit, I'm worried.
The only thing I know about Nigerian politics is that all the Nigerian people I know hated Jonathan and wanted him gone. What's wrong with Buhari?

The only thing I know about Nigerian politics is that all the Nigerian people I know hated Jonathan and wanted him gone. What's wrong with Buhari?

Nigeria as a whole is messed up with regional and religious conflict. As for Buhari, i don't know. He's an ex military dictator and he got elected but it's not surprising seeing as past presidents were military dictators.

To make it short and sweet, here are the people Fela called "animals wearing human skin" in "Beast of No Nation":

Botha, Reagan, Thatcher, Buhari, Idiagbon.

That is NOT a list you want to be in (even if there were worse dictators than him). Despite Jonathan being shitty. If he's changed his tune does well for all Nigerians, great. If he's still on his "Sharia for all of Nigeria" tip, Southern Nigeria's in for some shit.

To make it short and sweet, here are the people Fela called "animals wearing human skin" in "Beast of No Nation":

Botha, Reagan, Thatcher, Buhari, Idiagbon.

That is NOT a list you want to be in (even if there were worse dictators than him). Despite Jonathan being shitty. If he's changed his tune does well for all Nigerians, great. If he's still on his "Sharia for all of Nigeria" tip, Southern Nigeria's in for some shit.

I doubt that will happen. It will cause civil war

Jacir

I'm not Nigerian, tho I do care about what's happening in the region since Sao Time is just not that far south to Nigeria. Its worrying to me in an unexpected way. Haven't been up to date with an oil exploration rights deal that has been smudged with whatever it may be, be it corruption, greed, etc on both sides. I worry even when Nigeria has Africa's biggest army, it is badly managed from an outsiders perspective and regional perspective IMO. I don't know all that is going on but I try to. Hopefully the situation doesn't become a Sudan/South Sudan catastrophe.

Should I be surprised that there's no GAF thread for whats happening?

I'm not Nigerian, tho I do care about what's happening in the region since Sao Time is just not that far south to Nigeria. Its worrying to me in an unexpected way. Haven't been up to date with an oil exploration rights deal that has been smudged with whatever it may be, be it corruption, greed, etc on both sides. I worry even when Nigeria has Africa's biggest army, it is badly managed from an outsiders perspective and regional perspective IMO. I don't know all that is going on but I try to. Hopefully the situation doesn't become a Sudan/South Sudan catastrophe.

I get most of what i know about Nigeria from my dad, he lived there for the past nine years so i'm not well versed on what's happening there. If civil war does break out i think it's gonna be like sudan and south sudan.

The whole country is a mess that never learns so nothing that happens there will surprise me. I hope this after this election things start to turn around.

Jacir

I get most of what i know about Nigeria from my dad, he lived there for the past nine years so i'm not well versed on what's happening there. If civil war does break out i think it's gonna be like sudan and south sudan.

The whole country is a mess that never learns so nothing that happens there will surprise me. I hope this after this election things start to turn around.

Yea I can't wait until we as a continent get to where it should be. I hope this doesnt cause any interruptions within the regions economic unions in delaying a currency union any further.

Fuck mobile for letting me mispell my damn country of birth.

JLynn

The Winnie the Pooh Baseball thread has to be GAF's equivalent of Amazon Reviews of Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears. I can't stop crying and my co-workers are looking at me funny.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Nigeria as a whole is messed up with regional and religious conflict. As for Buhari, i don't know. He's an ex military dictator and he got elected but it's not surprising seeing as past presidents were military dictators.

I am going to have to read up on this. So unfortunate I know so little about the conflicts in Africa.

Africanus

I am going to have to read up on this. So unfortunate I know so little about the conflicts in Africa.

Utterly abhorrent that Buhari. I weep because of the Nigerians who would vote a dictator back into office. Have people forgotten his cracking down on free speech? His public whippings and embarrassment? His claims for Sharia?

Of course, GEJ is not much better, considering certain things as the Boko Haram situation and the anti-homosexual law, but I cannot support allowing an ex-dictator who should rightfully be in prison.

Oh how I lament Nigeria. If only there was a better system in place!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
About to put in Top Five. I know nothing about this movie other than Chris Rock's name is on it. I don't even think I've seen a Chris Rock production other than the last half of Good Hair.

Sucked. Sub par romantic comedy. Had some funny moments but in general meh.

If you could make one or atleast provide information on new developments here I'd read it for sure. It's a topic I'd like to know more about

Imm0rt4l

Thinking about getting axiom verge with this psn credit I have. Was originally gonna put it towards destiny, hoping that I could salvage the experience with a ps4 and expansion pack. Destiny was lonely af on ps3.

Thinking about getting axiom verge with this psn credit I have. Was originally gonna put it towards destiny, hoping that I could salvage the experience with a ps4 and expansion pack. Destiny was lonely af on ps3.

AV seems like the much safer purchase than double dipping on Destiny.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Welp just found out I'm on the midnight shift after training ends. 11-7....as in 11:00PM-7:30AM. Also no weekends, I work Saturday and Sunday and get Wednesday and Thursday off.

Not ideal...but I can hack it. Thrilled to even be employed. Plus apparently the night crew is pretty wild. Also have a neighbor with a life size War Machine paper mâché in his cubicle.

Slayven

Welp just found out I'm on the midnight shift after training ends. 11-7....as in 11:00PM-7:30AM. Also no weekends, I work Saturday and Sunday and get Wednesday and Thursday off.

Not ideal...but I can hack it. Thrilled to even be employed. Plus apparently the night crew is pretty wild. Also have a neighbor with a life size War Machine paper mâché in his cubicle.
I am going to let you in on a secret. That shift is the gold hour. to work, especially if you have a good squad.

Furyous

You bout that vampire life. Don't let it get you down.

In ain't shit news, apparently this chick I knew in college is now a Vice President... WAT.
Chick had a rollerblades attached to her pussy and
now she's VP. We ain't have the greatest of relationships, I accidentally clicked her linkedin profile, so now any attempt to send a resume might be shot permanently. Her last memory of me is bad issues working with me on a 400 level spanish project.

Gorillaz

Are you in retail or security?
I am going to let you in on a secret. That shift is the gold hour. to work, especially if you have a good squad.
night/closing shifts go by fast as hell with the right people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom