• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Smallville was really bad, not sure if it was the writing or the CW budget or how they clearly stopped giving a fuck. I could never get into that shit.

The only comic book show that was worse was Birds of Prey...or maybe "The Cape".

Smallville predated the CW, the first 2 seasons they actually had a pretty good budget. But towards the end they were selling plasma to fund the CGI.

Or Pete started moving weight a lot earlier than people thought.

Smallville predated the CW, the first 2 seasons they actually had a pretty good budget. But towards the end they were selling plasma to fund the CGI.

Or Pete started moving weight a lot earlier than people thought.

The same fate Flash will have.

Smallville went on for 10 seasons? lololol. CW milked the fuck outta that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well Parallax, CW comic shows feel low rent and cheesy.

Low rent and cheesy isnt a detractor. I just cant find the interest

Honestly you ain't missing anythimg

This is my main thought

you should watch the flash

On the other hand, that grodd reveal was so ridiculous its like the cw is begging me to watch it. Im just kinda wondering how the speed holds up. If it cant keep up with near decade old japanese action shows, then we may have a problem.

On the other hand, that grodd reveal was so ridiculous its like the cw is begging me to watch it. Im just kinda wondering how the speed holds up. If it cant keep up with near decade old japanese action shows, then we may have a problem.

If by keeping up you mean in the comically bad department, I think Japan has Flash beat.

Parallax

If by keeping up you mean in the comically bad department, I think Japan has Flash beat.

i mean better than that quicksilver nonsense people were hyping last year. a budget that makes tokusatsu shows look like college projects, and thats the best they could do?

ReiGun

Until the Vampire Diaries took off, it and Supernatural were the only things pulling in ratings after they purged The Game and Everybody Hates Chris.

i mean better than that quicksilver nonsense people were hyping last year. a budget that makes tokusatsu shows look like college projects, and thats the best they could do?
I thought Flash vs R-Flash was cool.

jmood88

I remember watching the premier when I was in 8th grade, then finding out that it was still on the air while I was in college. I can't believe how long that show was on the air.

Booshka

Haven't been around for a bit, welcome to FadedRevolution, RIP to RBK and Labor.

Went on a really good hike in Malibu today with my dad, the traffic to get there sucked hard, but the hike was worth the trip. The main trail was actually pretty tame and boring, but we supplemented it with some more strenuous and interesting trails up on the sides of the canyon we were in. Great views, will probably go back there soon to go deeper into some of the trails we saw today.

royalan

Sigh...

Does it get more timeless and effortless sensual than Sade's music?

You're ruling the way that I move, when I breathe your air...

k21Az1g.gif

Jacir

Haven't been around for a bit, welcome to FadedRevolution, RIP to RBK and Labor.

Went on a really good hike in Malibu today with my dad, the traffic to get there sucked hard, but the hike was worth the trip. The main trail was actually pretty tame and boring, but we supplemented it with some more strenuous and interesting trails up on the sides of the canyon we were in. Great views, will probably go back there soon to go deeper into some of the trails we saw today.

Best believe pictures will be nice. Man I want to experience nature real bad someday.

Booshka

Best believe pictures will be nice. Man I want to experience nature real bad someday.

my bad lol, I never bring my camera, and don't have a phone worth taking pictures with. I'll do so more in the future, I have a few thousand pictures from other trips on my computer that I might go through and throw some up.

Jacir

my bad lol, I never bring my camera, and don't have a phone worth taking pictures with. I'll do so more in the future, I have a few thousand pictures from other trips on my computer that I might go through and throw some up.

Nah its okay. I've been to many places when I was way younger and cherishing those experiences wasn't really on my mind. I plan to someday revisit them sometime and record it and put it in a travel diary/blog of some sort. The tourist in me is hungry to go every everywhere. Yet I am both excited and scared to travel alone. I also feel like I need to be selfish with my ambitions at this point in my life since my family knows too much of my situation. OK blah blah blah

Wasn't expecting to write this haha.

Slayven

Low rent and cheesy isnt a detractor. I just cant find the interest

This is my main thought

Funny after Clock Up Toei has kind of retired superspeed.it has never been a big thing since then. Type Formula is the first real shut at it in a while.

Jacir

Man I still adore Amy Freeze on ABC 7. Shes making my mind well... freeze. I'm salivating over her. I don't even know if I should feel ashamed lol.

Edit- Wake up niggas! Its Saturday folks.

I did not know that the Isley Brothers originally did Twist and Shout I thought it was just a Beatles song. Makes me wonder what other songs by black folks were covered by white groups fucked up and yet became more popular than the black versions.

jmood88

I did not know that the Isley Brothers originally did Twist and Shout I thought it was just a Beatles song. Makes me wonder what other songs by black folks were covered by white groups fucked up and yet became more popular than the black versions.
I didn't know that people thought Twist and Shout was a Beatles song. I don't think I've ever heard the Beatles version.

Technically the first group to do the song were the Top Notes from Philly. (Totally learned this fact from a podcast I stumbled upon talking about Javascript lol).

http://pando.com/2015/01/28/the-war-nerd-boko-haram-and-the-demon-consensus/

The writer is on the edge. I agree that western liberals don't care about the killings of black africans by islamic extremists in which they seem to be sympathetic to. The article goes a little deeper than that and after reading it, I am pessimistic of whether similar attitudes of foreign politicians, NGOs, etc will change. I'm also on the edge too.
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately western media attention towards this isn't all thag suprising

http://pando.com/2015/01/28/the-war-nerd-boko-haram-and-the-demon-consensus/

The writer is on the edge. I agree that western liberals don't care about the killings of black africans by islamic extremists in which they seem to be sympathetic to. The article goes a little deeper than that and after reading it, I am pessimistic of whether similar attitudes of foreign politicians, NGOs, etc will change. I'm also on the edge too.

this could have been a great article if it wasn't framed as a political hit piece.

such a shame...

strobogo

Banned

All of them. All of the songs from 1930-1968 or so.

You should try listening to Pat Boone's cover of Tutti Frutti.

I just learned there's a "Man With the Iron Fist" sequel. My boy RZA making sure his Asian brothers and sisters stay getting checks in Hollywood.

If this keeps up, in the future Asian girls might give Slay the time of day ;_;.

Marcus D is carrying on Nujabes' legacy and allowing shitty Japanese rappers to ruin his beats. It's a damn shame.

ugh.... that was my biggest criticism of Nujabes and similar producers like Nomak

letting those struggle Japanese rappers awll on their beats, like DJ Premier and Group Home.

jmood88

ugh.... that was my biggest criticism of Nujabes and similar producers like Nomak

letting those struggle Japanese rappers awll on their beats, like DJ Premier and Group Home.

It seems like these dudes all know the same handful of people and have to keep using them over and over again.

Parallax

Funny after Clock Up Toei has kind of retired superspeed.it has never been a big thing since then. Type Formula is the first real shut at it in a while.

they kind of have to. its the same reason they keep pushing kabuto to the back. the dude is way overpowered in comparison to the others, and superspeed when done like he had it is incredibly broken.

Slayven

they kind of have to. its the same reason they keep pushing kabuto to the back. the dude is way overpowered in comparison to the others, and superspeed when done like he had it is incredibly broken.

Kind of how they had to step up secondary rider roles after Beast showed them what a G was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom