• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba T

why do you care? maybe he is depressed.

I don't really anymore. I've been so focused on finishing school and getting a career off the ground I've kind of gone my own way. Funny thing is we both talked about wanting the same thing not even two years ago (running our own firm), but he's gone so left since then it is kind of disappointing.

Then again, this person changes their mind so much I don't really believe what comes out of his mouth now.

Well at least he's working. Not everyone knows what they want at life at X age. Some people don't find their calling until their 30s and beyond.

True. This is his third job in the last 2+ years though. Apparently its a nice little pay increase (50K) from his last job, but he's also lied about his pay before so meh.

Africanus

i'll tell you how you feel

it was shit

that is all

also I thought HB was suppose to be one of the worse people, i rarely saw a post by em but that was the word on the streets i hang out on here

Worst isn't the way to put it.

Perhaps "Exceedingly eccentric" or "Defender of dubious content" or "Promoter of peculiar things" best describes the person. All of which happened to an extreme degree in every post HolyBaikal made. Whether it was regarding anime, videogames, or other thing related to Japan
They are by far not one of the worst posters I've seen (Those ones were banned or completely erased), however it is highly unusual for a poster to express their adoration for such a poster. Of course, I disregarded the thread until the "da hell" post. I always seem to dodge the unusual threads unfortunately.

jmood88

This post confused me and made me laugh with the "it's not about race" coda at the end
Actually you're right. He don't have to die, I were too quick on that one. I just want him to have a cooler suit. I really don't like the one from Iron Man 2.

Also, Don't Cheedle looks more like a buttler type to me, than an actual super hero.

And also to the other poster, it have nothing to do with race.

Honestly, if you have a consistent message and you say that message on a regular basis for long enough, you will find fans. Most of the time, it's just a matter of how much effort you want to use in the long-term.

Shit I wish I had some loyal subjects like that. Maybe if I stopped defending the negro I could gain some.

This must be what the Nublack calling feels like, the temptation is strong...almost overwhelming. Such power!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Honestly, if you have a consistent message and you say that message on a regular basis for long enough, you will find fans. Most of the time, it's just a matter of how much effort you want to use in the long-term.

I don't have to put in a lot of effort anymore for food threads these days, others are putting them up routinely enough that when I see something someone's already beaten me to it!

This must be what the Nublack calling feels like, the temptation is strong...almost overwhelming. Such power!

Right? Or some Glenn Beck mess. Like if you've ever sat there and wondered, "Why are people listening to this obvious nonsense?" Consistency! Beck for example has been an asshole on the radio since 1983. His biggest show wasn't until 2000, he wasn't doing TV until 2006, and his prime period of performance was from 2009 to 2013.

Most of the big Youtubers have been consistently releasing videos since 2010 at least. You do something for years, someone on the internet will pay attention.

Bless y'all on this Easter afternoon.
Haven't been to church in a while and it looks like we got a Jay Electronica look alike added to the Angie Stone one we've had for a while.

Crocodile

I think crushdance looked into the void once too often.

To be frank, and I don't mean any disrespect, I don't know why him (seems he went extra edgy in that thread for God knows what reason) or Angelus Errare like to crank up the sarcasm up to 11 in those sorts of volatile threads. I mean every once in a while I can see how it might be funny but when you abuse the schtick it just becomes tiresome and annoying. I feel like it loses its power being so over-used and just wastes everyone's time. Then of course you've always got a few people who don't realize you're being sarcastic and then they waste their time responding sincerely and others waste their time to explain "no that guy was being sarcastic".

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I agree Croc.

If you abuse parody/satire Poe's law will bite you in the ass. Simple as that. Hopefully if crushdance comes back at some point, maybe the GAF vacation will have been a good thing.

Right? Or some Glenn Beck mess. Like if you've ever sat there and wondered, "Why are people listening to this obvious nonsense?" Consistency! Beck for example has been an asshole on the radio since 1983. His biggest show wasn't until 2000, he wasn't doing TV until 2006, and his prime period of performance was from 2009 to 2013.

Most of the big Youtubers have been consistently releasing videos since 2010 at least. You do something for years, someone on the internet will pay attention.

I don't have the dedication to make a youtube channel, shit I don't even have the dedication to stream. I can't play videogames for like 5hrs straight, I lose interest in like the second hour. I watch dudes stream shit for 8hrs, and I struggle to keep interest for more than 2. Maybe if I popped some adderall my attention span would increase. Funny thing is even though I am prescribed it, I haven't used it since I left college. Thankfully I have a job in which mentally wandering off is rewarded, though at my first post college job I got written up for constantly drawing on my desk calendar.

i keep forgetting to try that

Shit is so good.

Angelus has ruined my repution on Gaf

These lies

why are the police here? these people are white
ap161006905443_0ceaf9773112a8be5bd928ba42365145.jpg
wait no, there's like 3 black guys on the right so they are there for the people's safety

Kreed

To be frank, and I don't mean any disrespect, I don't know why him (seems he went extra edgy in that thread for God knows what reason) or Angelus Errare like to crank up the sarcasm up to 11 in those sorts of volatile threads. I mean every once in a while I can see how it might be funny but when you abuse the schtick it just becomes tiresome and annoying. I feel like it loses its power being so over-used and just wastes everyone's time. Then of course you've always got a few people who don't realize you're being sarcastic and then they waste their time responding sincerely and others waste their time to explain "no that guy was being sarcastic".

The difference between what Angelus does and what Crush did is that Angelus makes it obvious he is being sarcastic. The only reason anyone knew Crush was being sarcastic is because they were familiar with his post history and his history in the BCT. Without it, there is no hint of sarcasm and if you had given his posts to a non black poster, no one would have thought it was sarcasm.

Slayven

The difference between what Angelus does and what Crush did is that Angelus makes it obvious he is being sarcastic. The only reason anyone knew Crush was being sarcastic is because they were familiar with his post history and his history in the BCT. Without it, there is no hint of sarcasm and if you had given his posts to a non black poster, no one would have thought it was sarcasm.

Looking at your avatar made me so glad that rumor was bullshit.

Shit I forgot Crushdance even posted in BCT and read all his shit as 100% serious. Sarcasm is an art form and I didn't know that dude was painting.

Africanus

Hmm, I am a member.
Finally I can reveal my true diet racist Gaf self without getting perma-banned.
Now where da white culture thread at

Young Magus

Shy

Shit I wish I had some loyal subjects like that. Maybe if I stopped defending the negro I could gain some.

Noooooo, Angelus, you must resist the nublack fuckry. :p
Bless y'all on this Easter afternoon.
Haven't been to church in a while and it looks like we got a Jay Electronica look alike added to the Angie Stone one we've had for a while.
Thanks, and a happy Easter to you too Blasian.
I think he is a good dude. But he earned a spot in my Holybankai, kevincow type folder.
I'm afraid to ask but, which folder am in.?
Hmm, I am a member.
Finally I can reveal my true diet racist Gaf self without getting perma-banned.
Now where da white culture thread at
PXOchIA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom