• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxUdFQ6N_OI&feature=youtu.be

KJHFKLDASLNLK FHDAKSlJLK NFLDAJHJRKHELIA Q SDAHFLKASFNSAJ!!!!!!
i9hbEdaHgB42z.gif

i2tF9ixwPykag.gif

ibbHV6vLp7LhoG.gif

told ya'll

oh and why does she keep doing those creepy interviews on hot97? im starting to think she has a fetish! ;)

For real though.

And I'm getting my AA from a community college, this is the degree: http://www.foothill.edu/programs/programs.php?rec_id=1137

C++ has kind of been the core of the program, but I've been doing C# on my own - and I'll probably be trying my hand at Unity in the Summer.

Word, you're doing it online? Either way I'm glad to see community colleges that teach actual in use languages. I always rage when I see community colleges teaching shit like COBOL...who the fuck uses COBOL in 2015 and gets paid more than $25k a year!?

Diving straight to C++ is kind weird too, but I guess they go with the philosophy of "throw these mofos in the deep in and tell them 'sink or swim' it works sometimes."

harSon

Banned
And ya'll know how I work with at-risk youth? Well our location is strategically placed so we're central to the clientele that we serve. Our building is in the hood, and we're sandwiched between Norteño and Sureño territory.

We typically report gang related graffiti to defuse possible violence, and this happened over the last two days:

Monday:
HqAQ2WE.jpg

VqQQzH9.jpg

Q006JQO.jpg

early this morning:
Gbx3isC.jpg

kFayTMY.jpg

KWHh2Lf.jpg

We got it all down fortunately:

ruYdZXi.jpg

SyER3iy.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't get it down before the rival gangs tagged over it, which isn't good since a message was basically sent and received.

harSon

Banned
Word, you're doing it online? Either way I'm glad to see community colleges that teach actual in use languages. I always rage when I see community colleges teaching shit like COBOL...who the fuck uses COBOL in 2015 and gets paid more than $25k a year!?

Diving straight to C++ is kind weird too, but I guess they go with the philosophy of "throw these mofos in the deep in and tell them 'sink or swim' it works sometimes."

I'm doing it in person, although some of the classes are offered online - and in those cases I opt to do it online. And yeah, the Intro to C++ course was a blood bath. We had like 30% of the glass left by the time finals came around Lol.

My attendance is pretty shitty though due to work. Although it hasn't effected me too much. Most of my instructors have a significant online presence, the courses are pretty much laid out in detail from the beginning - and I've been able to compensate in class lecture for online resources pretty well. So even when I'm taking physical courses, I treat it like an online class half the time Lol.

Have y'all ever had an extremely horrible semester before? This is my worst semester I have ever had I'm thinking of taking a break for the summer to get my motivation and cool off a bit since I've been dealing with so much stuff lately. I work full time, go to school full time, and my son was diagnosed with autism. Its been challenging and my school work has taken a huge hit this semester. The messed up part is that last semester I had a 3.75 and this semester is the complete opposite. I think I will only pass one of my classes if I'm lucky. Shit is stressful as hell I'm trying to do better but this semester is too far gone for me to make a huge improvement in my grades. What worries me is how my financial aid is going to be affected and the use of my GI BIll. I know I should be good as long as my gpa doesn't fall below a C average. Right now I have a 3.3 gpa overall but I don't know how bad it will take a hit after this semester, I doubt it will fall down below a c average but still I hate to see it take a hit like this.

Bruhs - I don't even know what the fuck just happened.

I left early from work and went to Safeway. I'm looking at some salads, and this Hispanic chick dressed in business attire is looking too. She looks over to me and says "Excuse me, is there a Walmart around here?" I'm like yeah, and tell her where it's at. Then she's like "If you don't mind me saying, you look sharp (dress attire wise). I'm opening up a business with my uncle, and we're looking for people if you're interested in applying." I'm like naw, I'm employed - and after talking a bit longer we part ways.

Now I'm over in the meat section, and this other Hispanic girl in business attire walks by me - then turns her head and walk back. She's like "Did you go to X college?" And incidentally enough, I did. It was a random enough college in another city, so I don't think it's something she could have pulled out of her ass. She asked if I was a business major, and I'm like naw "I studied film production - and now I'm majoring in Programming." She says I have a real familiar face, and that we should catch up sometime. I don't even know who the fuck you are but we exchange numbers, cause she's looking cute as hell in that business skirt. I'm spittin' game at this point. She tells me she just graduated, and then asks what I'm currently doing. "Working with at-risk youth... blah blah." And then she comes at me with a job opportunity and a lot of the same shit the other girl was dropping, and I'm like "shit..." - they're running some type of scam. So I break things off quickly thereafter and we part ways.

Anyways, I pull up into my apartment after leaving Safeway, and I receive a text. And it's bathroom mirror shot of this girl's skirt hiked up, just covering her ass, with a message asking if I'm busy this week. They got high quality escorts roaming Safeways now or something?

When they find your body, we'll be sure to tell the cops about the Hispanic girl.

man don't these gangs know about email?

To: PiruNigga187
From: Cripologist_flow94
CC: Honey_Pussy96

Subject: Fuck you bitch ass mark!

Ayo, fuck you you ol bitch ass mark, that's why I fucked yo bitch in your whip and left condoms in the babyseat! ����Crip niggas run you niggas! ����That hoe Felicia was loose anyway ol bitch ass nigga. Run up if you wanna, you bitches get gunned down.���� We dump whole clips here ain't no playin games. You tryin' to read? we got magazines for you bitches. ���� �� ������

.

Is Elle Varner still making music?

Yea my bae doin her thing...just that her thing ain't making that much buzz. As these young whippersnappers would say "she makes music my mom listens to".

Translation: "Why isn't she talkin about bustin it open, takin dick like a pro, and other shit? I can't get crunk to this"

FyreWulff

Member
They tried to start a program around here where people would patrol and paint over tags they saw in public spaces. There's a graffiti van run by the city you can call for private property tags.

the public version basically died because either people got really weird when we came around to paint over light poles and some people felt they'd get harassment from the police for spraypainting in public over tags.

I really wish there was more funding for anti-tag measures since it can help a neighborhood turn around and as harson points out, it also short circuits a lot of potential shit from happening.

harSon

Banned
They tried to start a program around here where people would patrol and paint over tags they saw in public spaces. There's a graffiti van run by the city you can call for private property tags.

the public version basically died because either people got really weird when we came around to paint over light poles and some people felt they'd get harassment from the police for spraypainting in public over tags.

I really wish there was more funding for anti-tag measures since it can help a neighborhood turn around and as harson points out, it also short circuits a lot of potential shit from happening.

We actually have a mobile app in San Jose (San Jose Clean) where you report graffiti. It allows you to take a picture of the graffiti and report it's location, and if it's gang related, the city must remove it within 24 hours. Otherwise they'll get to it at some point. They'll even take pictures of it post cleaning, and email you them - to show that it has been removed.

Trey

Member
Yea my bae doin her thing...just that her thing ain't making that much buzz. As these young whippersnappers would say "she makes music my mom listens to".

Translation: "Why isn't she talkin about bustin it open, takin dick like a pro, and other shit? I can't get crunk to this"

You got some links? I haven't heard a thing from her since Perfectly Imperfect.

FyreWulff

Member
We actually have a mobile app in San Jose (San Jose Clean) where you report graffiti. It allows you to take a picture of the graffiti and report it's location, and if it's gang related, the city must remove it within 24 hours. Otherwise they'll get to it at some point. They'll even take pictures of it post cleaning, and email you them - to show that it has been removed.

That's cool as shit. Ours is always "when we get to it" because it's underfunded as all fuck.

http://www.cityofomaha.org/pw/graffiti/

edit: rofl our program is based off San Jose's!

Numb

Member
"Despite what the video showed, at one point in the encounter, there officer was reasonably scared for his life."

"Oh, then not guilty."

i'm sorry, but what planet are you from?

Not America for sure.
Holy shit you guys are in danger. How do you sleep at night knowing that some cop could knock on your door and shoot you in self defense while you are wearing your pajamas and still gets away scott free?

Not America for sure.
Holy shit you guys are in danger. How do you sleep at night knowing that some cop could knock on your door and shoot you in self defense while you are wearing your pajamas and still gets away scott free?

now you see why i have a hard time going with contacts over glasses.

every tiny thing has to be micro-managed.

Not America for sure.
Holy shit you guys are in danger. How do you sleep at night knowing that some cop could knock on your door and shoot you in self defense while you are wearing your pajamas and still gets away scott free?
The chances of this happeneing are not as likely as you think

Numb

Member
now you see why i have a hard time going with contacts over glasses.

every tiny thing has to be micro-managed.

Because they will say you tried to use the glasses as a weapon?
I can't imagine how it feels but i hope nothing crazy happens to the guys in here.
Seems like you guys are walking on eggshells everyday.

Because they will say you tried to use the glasses as a weapon?
I can't imagine how it feels but i hope nothing crazy happens to the guys in here.
Seems like you guys are walking on eggshells everyday.

Nah, like I've said before. Not all cops are bad. I've met a ton of good cops. Many are nice, upright people who are doing a hard job.

The problem is if you meet one of the bad ones, you could end up hurt or dead, and there's little recourse or justice to be found. The systems in place to punish bad cops aren't working and the rest of the legal system (other cops, lawyers, and judges) are already sympathetic to one side.

And since these police actions are aimed disproportionately at black people, you're just always slightly on edge. Because they can harm you and there's nothing you can do about it.

It's also why people get angry at the "Nublack" phenomenon, because "being positive", "loving others", and "believing in yourself" does little to help against a bad cop. Some upper-class black people sometimes forget the reality many black people live within, especially in lower-income areas. And it's probably a defense mechanism. It probably makes one feel safe to believe you can overcome all of the issues of racism simply through hard work, success, and wealth. But it's simply not true. If a bad cop wants to make you have a bad day, it doesn't matter if you're Pharell or Phil. you just have to take it and hope they don't kill you.

Numb

Member
[...]

These bad cops are on the news more and more it seems nowadays. Did this used to happen before but no one ever reported it? I never understood what "Nublack" meant but it seems like some hippie thing. Being good and positive does not stop the bad people who hate you and are trying to harm you. Especially if they are in a position of power that is not regulated by those in charge of them. Seems like a lose-lose situation in many areas. Atleast the majority of them are not like this which is very good indeed.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Isiah Washington? Isn't he the guy whose career went up in smoke because he's a homophobe?

These bad cops are on the news more and more it seems nowadays. Did this used to happen before but no one ever reported it? I never understood what "Nublack" meant but it seems like some hippie thing.
You think? Like peace, love and hair grease is going to stop somebody hell bent on fucking you up with the full power of the law behind them. FOH

These bad cops are on the news more and more it seems nowadays. Did this used to happen before but no one ever reported it? I never understood what "Nublack" meant but it seems like some hippie thing. Being good and positive does not stop the bad people who hate you and are trying to harm you. Especially if they are in a position of power that is not regulated by those in charge of them. Seems like a lose-lose situation in many areas. Atleast the majority of them are not like this which is very good indeed.

The internet and smartphones allow us to share these incidents in real-time. They've always been that way.

Numb

Member
You think? Like peace, love and hair grease is going to stop somebody hell bent on fucking you up with the full power of the law behind them. FOH

I would not be surprised if some guys chose to be cops to do whatever they wanted to minorities be paid for it and even get away with it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That vid makes me feel sick. Ugh.

That fucking piece of shit planted the taser right next to the body too? What the fuck...can't wait to see how people try to twist that shit. So blatant.
My family told me it was lexus if you buy, bmw if you lease & toyota if you were broke.

Used Corolla, Civic, Accord, Camry. Year doesn't matter

Bulletproof as all the fuck. I mean short of you not changing your oil for like 80k miles (*shudders*) they'll run forever and because they're so common; parts for those aforementioned cars is hella cheap.

Not too good a suggestion, but do you have someone who is good with cars and all that?

When I looked around for my first and current car, I asked my father to come with me and dude inspected every single one of them real serious like and shit to get me the right one.

My dad's an asshole but I can't even begin to thank him for everything he's done for me. (Don't let him know I called him an asshole, brehs.)
Thanks for the advice, guys. I am definitely checking out civics and accords and will bring my mechanic pal with me when I go check out cars.

Can't remember if I saw this here already, but did we make it?:

http://mashable.com/2015/04/07/nigerian-superhero/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

Eventual Wakanda is gonna be another good way to cut some grass...

Would comment on more serious stuff in here but shit is numbing. I remember watching the old Chappelle growing up when sprinkling crack was so ridiculous it was hilarious (was young at the time and shoutouts to the shelteriest shelter known as Canada), but moving that tazer literally leaves me speechless. It's like an atrocities Olympics or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom