• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Hi BCT.
i'd just like to say, i hope all of you have a great week.
Just got my first "why do you hate me" pm. Looks like I'm finally part of the community.

Edit: if I get banned, tell my mama I love her.
Goodness, what did you do jmood. ?

Not gonna lie, i've thought about writing not a "why do you hate me" message, but a sort of "have i done some thing wrong/are we cool/i think we've gotten of on the wrong foot" type message. because i like to know where i stand with someone, and i really dislike that a person might dislike/hate me from a misunderstanding. if you're not going to not like me fine, but at least dislike for the right reason, and not for something i haven't done. ya know.

But i've never gone through with it though, it always seems to me that it would make things worst, and confirm what that person thinks about you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxUdFQ6N_OI&feature=youtu.be

KJHFKLDASLNLK FHDAKSlJLK NFLDAJHJRKHELIA Q SDAHFLKASFNSAJ!!!!!!
She's very pretty.

strobogo

Banned
Hi BCT.

Not gonna lie, i've thought about writing not a "why do you hate me" message, but a sort of "have i done some thing wrong/are we cool/i think we've gotten of on the wrong foot" type message. because i like to know where i stand with someone, and i really dislike that a person might dislike/hate me from a misunderstanding. if you're not going to not like me fine, but at least dislike for the right reason, and not for something i haven't done. ya know.

But i've never gone through with it though, it always seems to me that it would make things worst, and confirm what that person thinks about you.

She's very pretty.

I had to send a "Say what you need to say" PM because a dude was shitting up the thread shit posting at me. And his reasons were because I "insulted GAF" and post gifs.

Shy

I had to send a "Say what you need to say" PM because a dude was shitting up the thread shit posting at me. And his reasons were because I "insulted GAF" and post gifs.
That's a silly thing for a person to get upset about, and to start insulting you for it as well. that dude needs to chill.

Sorry you have to deal with dumb shit like that.

strobogo

Banned
That's a silly thing for a person to get upset about, and to start insulting you for it as well. that dude needs to chill.

Sorry you have to deal with dumb shit like that.

I mean, I don't give a fuck at all. Dude's just a weirdo. Defending GAF's honor and talking about cereal. Then taking a post asking if people treating Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns differently is partly due to one being Samoan, and he took it SUPER personal, as if I directed it at him and personally called him a racist. Then kept saying he was going to "snitch" on me and in the PMs kept insulting me. I could get him banned, but I'm sure he'll do it on his own eventually.

royalan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxUdFQ6N_OI&feature=youtu.be

KJHFKLDASLNLK FHDAKSlJLK NFLDAJHJRKHELIA Q SDAHFLKASFNSAJ!!!!!!
i9hbEdaHgB42z.gif

i2tF9ixwPykag.gif

ibbHV6vLp7LhoG.gif

heh heh, oh yeah, forgot to mention to y'all this dropped this morning.

Hello. I've been a member for nearly a year but only recently started posting.

Where you're from - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Where you live - still Amsterdam
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Kurdish, from the Turkish area
Do you know your roots - Yes (I think?)
Favorite musical genre - Jazz
Your profession/major/career interest - Aspiring English teacher, currently studying English at the University
Your religious affiliation - Hmm, raised by one Islamic and one Atheist parent so I'm mostly confused
Hobbies - Gaming, stroll for records and books, read (obviously), visiting various cinemas
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -Vegetarian, but KFC for the fries.

What is your age? - 24
Your profession/major/career interest - Aspiring English teacher, currently studying English at the University
Your religious affiliation - Hmm, raised by one Islamic and one Atheist parent so I'm mostly confused
Hobbies - Gaming, stroll for records and books, read (obviously), visiting various cinemas

Welcome. Ooh, what Jazz musicians do you fuck with?

FyreWulff

It's crazy to see how much has changed with newer generations. What would y'all say is a suitable amount of time between living together and getting married. obviously its relative to each situation, but even still, I like asking these types of hypotheticals.

This might sound silly, but for at least one major billing contract. So a year or two.

Someone I know dodged a pretty serious bullet where the SO was able to hide their money games while living separate, but found out the SO liked to not pay bills and bought only trinkets and other things instead of paying for car gas and utilities, even though they had money to pay bills on time when living together.

They ended up not having to live for the rest of their life with someone actively and pointlessly de-stablising the homestead. There was some other issues that this behavior explained that put up some small red flags before, so it wasn't just over that, but I think you don't get the whole picture of each other until you live together.

Booshka

What is your age? - 24
Welcome
Welcome. Ooh, what Jazz musicians do you fuck with?

and ya, this, Jazz is my fav genre too. Although I am more on the Electric Fusion/Funk side of Jazz. Love Bebop as well, so long as it moves and grooves, I dig it.

D i Z

What is your age? - 24

Yo. Welcome, friend.

Cool, cool. I'd probably check out one of those. I just copped this Jazz and chiptune infused album today. https://aivi-surasshu.bandcamp.com/album/the-black-box
This sounds really cool. Do you know your chiptune? It's a style I'm not familiar with, but coincidentally yesterday I put on the whole Shovel Knight OST on as background music and I loved it. Might buy the game just because of it when it drops on PS4 later this month.

And thanks all for the welcome.

Young Magus

What is your age? - 24

Welcome mothafucka!!!!

Nice to see another Jazz fan here!!!!

esms

What is your age? - 24

Welcome.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You need a year, at least. But again, I stress, it's no guarantee. I was cohabiting for longer and hid a major depressive episode for several years. Living with each other only let's you see the superficial. Does she close the bathroom door during number 2? Crap like that.

Any person can hide a major character flaw or problem. It's communication, dedication to the relationship (I'm going to share this crap because it can hurt us), etc that gets you through marriage.
You see many people live together for years and fail at marriage. Great marriages survive because both people decided to make it survive.

How do people survive arranged marriages? Same way all others marriages survive. Two people making a decision.

Falling in love is a big fallacy. It's just easier to decide to love them in the beginning. You decide to love them and you decide to not love them. It's all a decision.

You can PM me if you want some links to a few good videos about it. But good luck and realize you have a lot more control over love than others would have you believe.
thank you for this. BCT once again proving y'all the realist.

I hate when teachers are cryptic with what we are supposed to do on homework assignments. Look I'm paying you to teach me not figure it out on my own if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have paid for your class. Stop with the bs and tell me what to do and how it needs to be done.

jmood88

Hi BCT.

An overly-sensitive guy sent me a pm asking why I didn't like him, so I told him and he started posting the pm's in a thread and crying about how he needed to find mods to deal with me. It was pretty funny.

Shy

I mean, I don't give a fuck at all. Dude's just a weirdo. Defending GAF's honor and talking about cereal. Then taking a post asking if people treating Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns differently is partly due to one being Samoan, and he took it SUPER personal, as if I directed it at him and personally called him a racist. Then kept saying he was going to "snitch" on me and in the PMs kept insulting me. I could get him banned, but I'm sure he'll do it on his own eventually.
Damm. that guy seems overly angry.

What is your age? - 24
Welcome new friend. hope you have a great time here.
An overly-sensitive guy sent me a pm asking why I didn't like him, so I told him and he started posting the pm's in a thread and crying about how he needed to find mods to deal with me. It was pretty funny.
that's bang out of order posting PMs openly.

Isn't posting PMs in threads bannable. ?

This sounds really cool. Do you know your chiptune? It's a style I'm not familiar with, but coincidentally yesterday I put on the whole Shovel Knight OST on as background music and I loved it. Might buy the game just because of it when it drops on PS4 later this month.

And thanks all for the welcome.

Nah, I know way more about the music that inspired it. I only have four chiptune albums downloaded.

Shy

I thought so but I guess they were being lenient this time. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but he got really upset.
Hmmm, i guess so. he probably won't last the week with that kind of shannigans.
Straight fuccboi behavior from him.
Yep, pretty much.
should i get contacts this time around?

i feel like glasses make me look less threatening.
I would say what ever is the most comfortable to wear, cause it's going to be an everyday thing.

What is your age? - 24

Welcome bruh!

One last very important question

The Rock vs Vin Diesel...who wins?

Crocodile

I know the subject has kind of passed but I did want to say it was kind of funny how much my barbershop experiences past and present have mirrored so many in this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom