• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it good?

tumblr_m36i9zYIAD1ruisajo1_400.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I've always been curious about how black immigrant populations interact with the larger community of US-born blacks.

Usually prejudging us until they start getting hit with them wake up calls.
That being said most of us Americans are extremely ignorant when it comes to cultures outside of our own. We can learn a lot for from each other just have find away to bridge the gap so to speak. We really need to adopt the education above all else mentality that immigrants seem to bring with them. But that's easier said then done.

Jacir

So I never was interested in this franchise before but the new trailer for Witcher 3 is great. I don't even like wrpgs and that made me lean forward.

Trey

So I never was interested in this franchise before but the new trailer for Witcher 3 is great. I don't even like wrpgs and that made me lean forward.

Witcher 2 is my all time "damn, I really gotta finish playing that" game. So much about the franchise is right up my alley.

Usually prejudging us until they start getting hit with them wake up calls.

Yep. Happened to my mom and most of my relatives and family friends when they showed up here. Some are still haven't got theirs.

My dad went to a HBCU; he knew the drill.

That being said most of us Americans are extremely ignorant when it comes to cultures outside of our own. We can learn a lot for from each other just have find away to bridge the gap so to speak. We really need to adopt the education above all else mentality that immigrants seem to bring with them. But that's easier said then done.

Way easier said than done. And frankly, that mentality is flawed too. It carries very little critical thinking/social awareness.

It's why I always get worried/annoyed by the "kid gets accepted to all Ivy League" stories. They don't understand what culture they are getting into and will be assimilated into.

Way easier to churn out more Thomas' and Lemons' than Lorde's and Morrison's.

Numb

Yup, Supernatural makes Arrow look like a Disney Kids' show. Arrow is officially down there with Birds of Prey.

Supernatural did some of the craziest stuff for awhile but it should have ended at season 5. This season has been terrible so far. Only reason i watch Arrow is to keep it up wth Flash and waiting to see if anything good happens. Superman guy is hype for now.
I forgot Daredevil existed so i will check it out.

Episode 2 of daredevil from about min mark 39 to end pretty sums up what Daredevil is. God it is amazing. I'm riding til the wheels fall off. Can't wait til Luke Cage and the other 3 comes out.

Jacir

Witcher 2 is my all time "damn, I really gotta finish playing that" game. So much about the franchise is right up my alley.

I still don't own any next gen consoles for the next forseable future. One game won't do it for me. I do stick to my franchises like grilled cheese tho. I'm waiting Sony!

andthebeatgoeson

I'm not feeling Clinton's possible presidency anymore. What looked like a progressive step years ago seems like a step back. Tired of corporate interests and will miss Barack when he leaves.

I have taken it for granted that we have a president in touch and slightly progressive. Hillary will probably just toe the line on women's issues and that's it. Party lines on gay issues, nothing on black issues, Wall street has a field day. Maybe a war or two because she's worried about being soft. Did I mention absolutely nothing on Black issues?

I'm not feeling Clinton's possible presidency anymore. What looked like a progressive step years ago seems like a step back. Tired of corporate interests and will miss Barack when he leaves.

I have taken it for granted that we have a president in touch and slightly progressive. Hillary will probably just toe the line on women's issues and that's it. Party lines on gay issues, nothing on black issues, Wall street has a field day. Maybe a war or two because she's worried about being soft. Did I mention absolutely nothing on Black issues?

But you get Bill as the First Man. Imagine that.

does Hillary have a nigga pass?

What is this?

It's a show about a dude who's mad rich and kind of an uptight dick, but when his heartrate gets above a certain level he turns into a pimp. Love triangle with only two people.

Of course shit gets dark at times, because you find out he has the second personality because he was kidnapped as a kid and fucked up part of the rescue. And the girl knows them from the past, because she saved uptight personality from trying to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge.

Normal Kdrama stuff.

Trey

I think Clinton will be more progressive than many people expect, especially on social issues. Yeah, she'll be hawkish and corporatist, but at this point that's just a part of the game.

I'm so ready for voting reform. Obama should (get some interns to) draw up a bill for it right before the primaries.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It's a show about a dude who's mad rich and kind of an uptight dick, but when his heartrate gets above a certain level he turns into a pimp. Love triangle with only two people.

Of course shit gets dark at times, because you find out he has the second personality because he was kidnapped as a kid and fucked up part of the rescue. And the girl knows them from the past, because she saved uptight personality from trying to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge.

Normal Kdrama stuff.

Sorry, but that sounds like the silliest premise to a show ever.

Kreed

I've always been curious about how black immigrant populations interact with the larger community of US-born blacks.

Here in South Florida we have lots of black people from Haiti, Jamaica, D.R., etc... and everyone accepts each other/interacts just fine with US born black people. It's gotten to the point down here where you get asked where you're from/people don't always assume you're from the US.

Normal Kdrama stuff.

Sounds like something that belongs on CW.

Breh, you need to watch Galileo Season 1 and 2. Supernatural mystery is all you need

Kou was the best thing about that show, but every time I see her act all I see is Mitsuko from Battle Royale.

Shy

GORDON, welcome back man. :D
Daredevil feels like a grown folks street level superhero show.
I was going to ask you, if you don't mind Slay. i'm not familiar with daredevil, and i was wondering if this show is true to the spirit of the comics.?
Yup, Supernatural makes Arrow look like a Disney Kids' show. Arrow is officially down there with Birds of Prey.
C'mon fam, don't do arrow like that.
Witcher 2 is the shit, and i really looking forward to 3.

Jacir

Deus Ex MD looks cool. Dissidia FF Arcade looks like what a Dragonball game should look like. Looks like I'm still not spending my money on games until...who knows. The struggle I'm in is so hhhm. Help!!!!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Okay, is Ben Carson -

A. Trying to show the GOP he is "One of the good ones" and angling for a Fox News job
B. Playing a role to get paid and famous
C. Seriously believes that every Black person can follow in his footsteps but they are too lazy
D. All of the above
E. None of the above

D i Z

GORDON, welcome back man. :D

I was going to ask you, if you don't mind Slay. i'm not familiar with daredevil, and i was wondering if this show is true to the spirit of the comics.?

Daredevil has taken Spiderman down, so in the series he's a bit underpowered. That being said, it's more compelling because of it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom