• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Get the fuck out of here. The Flash is great. It's one of the most comic book feeling television shows out there.

Flash is amazing compared to all the other superhero shows. But what if there is a chance for it to be better?
It is the only superhero show currently on that i am aware of which is good. Add DD to that aswell now.

FreeMufasa

tzCZ1Mu.jpg

Slayven

They just really love that one scene.

Once again, people are fine with changing a character whole cloth until you change race.

It was a cool scene, but I think I would have been more impressed if I hadn't seen clockup.

At what point is the character still the character?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They just really love that one scene.

Once again, people are fine with changing a character whole cloth until you change race.

Most people who were watching dont know about him either way, so for the most part it isnt a big deal

It was a cool scene, but I think I would have been more impressed if I hadn't seen clockup.

At what point is the character still the character?

Like ive been saying. Its a higher budgeted version of clock up. It wasnt doing anything for me.

Jacir

One of the things that makes me cringe is when I open a forum thread and the second poster quotes the OP. That shit is a crime.

Slayven

Fassbender and J Law have no chemistry

My problem with race bending comic characters, that there usually a character of that race already created.

RedSwirl

This is a shit-ton of reading, but here's why Japanese entertainment is the way it is today. It's not a reflection of the overall culture, but of those steady and consistent fans who will always buy such content. Relevant excerpts below:

Basically mainstream consumers pulled back in hard times, but otaku and other subcultures are literally defined buy the entertainment they consume and purchase, so they don't pull back. (Like gamers, btw) They represent steady business, so content creators aim at them. The problem is these niches aren't mass market, so Japan can't export most of this culture.

Been looking for this article for a while. I need to keep the link in my pocket or something.

Go for manga instead. The stupid is not in the forefront like with anime. Quality bubbles up to the top.

Probably. I think that's just because of the sheer volume of manga that still get's made. You still gotta search a little bit though.

Slayven

I am dying over here at the last scene when Magneto leaves. Nigga looked like Prince .

You can't threaten the free world then prance away

Numb

jmood88

I'm at a Japanese restaurant/karaoke place and aside from the horrible single going on right now, a black weeaboo just walked in wearing a hat with ears. I wanted to tackle her.

Numb

I'm at a Japanese restaurant/karaoke place and aside from the horrible single going on right now, a black weeaboo just walked in wearing a hat with ears. I wanted to tackle her.

Tails are what get me. You can get a hat with ears anywhere but going out of your way and buying a tail takes a real kinda special person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom