• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Tinashe might just have a hit on her hands...

She went into the studio recently with Ty Dolla $ign and Charlie XCX (although you should ignore her) and pumped out this banger:

Drop That Kitty

I can see this getting played a lot, and anything to get my homegirl Tinashe on them charts.

Now excuse me while I get back to dropping my kitty.

HQNh8Rt.gif

Sorry Roy but...this song is wack as fuck. Did TY really get Tinashe on his song just to say "come a little closer come be my boy"...smh.

She got paid tho so I guess it's a win...

royalan

Sorry Roy but...this song is wack as fuck. Did TY really get Tinashe on his song just to say "come a little closer come be my boy"...smh.

She got paid tho so I guess it's a win...

Tinashe's the one singing the bridge.

This song is gonna smash. You heard it here first.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Tinashe might just have a hit on her hands...

She went into the studio recently with Ty Dolla $ign and Charlie XCX (although you should ignore her) and pumped out this banger:

Drop That Kitty

I can see this getting played a lot, and anything to get my homegirl Tinashe on them charts.

Now excuse me while I get back to dropping my kitty.

HQNh8Rt.gif
feP0leg.gif

Crud

Banned
Charli was interesting once, but she never switches up her style and thus I'm tired of her. All she does is hop on a track, turn up her accent and scream/talk the hook into the mic.

She's like Kelis with no swagger and less talent.

True Romance and Sucker are really different so I cant agree that she don't change her style up at all. Saw her live she good. Talent is there, XCX been legit. In my opinion.

DominoKid

Charli was interesting once, but she never switches up her style and thus I'm tired of her. All she does is hop on a track, turn up her accent and scream/talk the hook into the mic.

She's like Kelis with no swagger and less talent.

when you get called in for a hook you do what they cut the check for. her albums are different from each other.

royalan

Eh, just don't see it for her long term. She lacks perspective as an artist. Sucker for all its Pop "rage" put me to sleep.

She did catch on as the new It hook girl, I'l give her that. But she ain't long for this business.

Crud

Banned
Eh, just don't see it for her long term. She lacks perspective as an artist. Sucker for all its Pop "rage" put me to sleep.

She did catch on as the new It hook girl, I'l give her that. But she ain't long for this business.

May not be but I been rolling with her for a min so Ima keeps supporting her. Sucker is not for everyone "Break the rules" annoys the hell out of me. At first I was like ok. Now its a automatic skip cause the song is so fucking stupid when you think about it.

Merc_

The Order thread is seriously the best source of Schadenfreude I've seen on GAF in a while. That thread is a master class on why it's dumb to attach a sense of your self worth to a fucking video game you've never played before. Folks in that thread can't handle even the mildest criticism of the game without having some kind of mini meltdown.

The review thread is going to be a damn graveyard.

akira28

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/opinion/george-washington-slave-catcher.html.

Don't know much about Martha Washington. The fact that she didnt emancipate any of her inherited slaves from George means shes an entitled bitch to the highest order.

Edit-kinda forgot there's a bhm thread.

fuck washington and his fugitive slave bullshit, that mess started with him and his wife Martha. Because of them, tens of thousands of free blacks were kidnapped and sold into slavery, and most never made it back. 12 years a slave was the exception.

i won't post that in the BHM because it doesn't necessarily belong there, but his ass was the epitome of mild privileged racism that was far more damaging than your average poor klanner.

Slayven

The Order thread is seriously the best source of Schadenfreude I've seen on GAF in a while. That thread is a master class on why it's dumb to attach a sense of your self worth to a fucking video game you've never played before. Folks in that thread can't handle even the mildest criticism of the game without having some kind of mini meltdown.

The review thread is going to be a damn graveyard.

I will never understand that, it's one thing to be excited for something. But folks be ready to fight over shit they scene in pictures. And obsessing over games for literal years before they even drop. I am hyped for no man's land, but you won't see me Nexoning shit

Angelus, what does this say?

Man, do I feel like garbage. Rode from Naples to Miami on Sunday and Miami to Naples yesterday..210 miles total. Not counting the 30 miles I rode on Saturday. My ass feels like..well..bad lol.

Opiate

I will never understand that, it's one thing to be excited for something. But folks be ready to fight over shit they scene in pictures. And obsessing over games for literal years before they even drop. I am hyped for no man's land, but you won't see me Nexoning shit

It makes me uncomfortable, frankly. I understand getting excited for things that are upcoming, but sometimes the hype train feels like people are laying down in the advertising and rolling around in it.

ReiGun

Tyga on the Breakfast Club talmbout in the white community it's okay to have 17 year old friends at 25 cause they don't look at it sexual like the black community does. Whet?

Malyse

It makes me uncomfortable, frankly. I understand getting excited for things that are upcoming, but sometimes the hype train feels like people are laying down in the advertising and rolling around in it.

While I agree, if they ever announce a new Spectrobes for Wii U or 3DS or they announce the Spectrobes will be integrated into Kingdom Hearts or Disney Infinity, I will straight up lose my goddamned mind. You won't even recognize me. Fan short for fanatic.
Tyga on the Breakfast Club talmbout in the white community it's okay to have 17 year old friends at 25 cause they don't look at it sexual like the black community does. Whet?

Come back when you ain't fucking a child, Tyga. But that's been your thing for years, right?

Jacir

If you are interested in African affairs and the Chinese involvement with the continent, I highly recommend the following website, http://www.chinaafricaproject.com/ and their podcast called The China in Africa Podcast. The RSS feed is http://china.buzzsprout.com/4784.rss.

Been listening to this for 2 years. It very informative for anyone who is interested in China-Africa relations and vice versa. Again I highly recommend it. Also, I recommend to start from the first episode till the latest one. Its really good for the third time.

Village

I can understand, the hype train can make people do some weird things. I was in the smash threads.

For me the proverbial hype train is reserved things apart of series that i scenery enjoy, hype train for new IP's is kind of what are you even doing. Only exception is if a character from something I like gets a game. Then I might be hype at the concept, but still weary.

So when that Disgea 3 esque boswer jr game comes out where's he's mad as his dad because he broke some shit and you have to team up with mushroom kingdom in some international indecent levels of rebellious tween angst, that game that should have been made years ago finally comes out. I will be hype for the concept at least.

But I had dudes get into serious arguments over me not finding the order or evolve that interesting. I can tell why i get excite over smash or FF or KH there are previous games as some frame of refence. Or even MN9 in a way because its based of another game, but like splatoon. I mean splatoon looks cool, the art looks really good, but I can't like... argue or defend a lot of it because I havent played it. At all, not even a demo, which i something I did with smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom