• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, this snow and sleet is really messing up a bitch's birthday. I was supposed to get my hair twisted this week, but I don't see that happening and the news says more this Saturday and I had plans to celebrate then. My gosh!

Happy Birthday my Blasian brethren, join me as we blast Amerie and Jhene Aiko records!!!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wasn't she a recording artist? Nah, Google says she's just a producer.

45btEHv.jpg

fuck washington and his fugitive slave bullshit, that mess started with him and his wife Martha. Because of them, tens of thousands of free blacks were kidnapped and sold into slavery, and most never made it back. 12 years a slave was the exception.

i won't post that in the BHM because it doesn't necessarily belong there, but his ass was the epitome of mild privileged racism that was far more damaging than your average poor klanner.

Yeah, fuck a George Washington.

Oh, speaking of fucking a George Washington, is it true that the man died of pneumonia from a cold brought on by heading to the slave quarters for nookie in inclement weather?

Only Furyous would comment on the thickness of the woman when the real story was the cat busting through the snow like Kool-Aid Man.

And Happy Birthday, Blasian!

Furyous

Only Furyous would comment on the thickness of the woman when the real story was the cat busting through the snow like Kool-Aid Man.

Her shirt accentuated the door and that stuck out before the cat came through. Where in the shit does she live that snow is that damn high? She looks like the type of woman with good credit, great flexibility, and can skin a deer with a combat knife and hope.

yall not gonna sit here and besmirch the good name of Amerie, I won't allow it!!!

These dudes out here wilding.
They kinda right but fuck logic.
Amerie has hits (plural). One thing, that song with LL, and umm..... *off to wiki*, I'm Coming Out, and 1 thing was the comfort fuck jam.

Malyse

Amerie, you only had to do One Thing 😏

http://princeharrehs.tumblr.com/post/107034336401/princeharrehs-princeharrehs-omfg-i-just

http://thesushiestsexual.tumblr.com/post/99408378792/rhyse-taylorswift-imnotsomefloozy

Tumblr has been pretty fun today.

----

I finally finished the vast majority of my Black History Month coverage. Put 14 posts in the queue today. Five more to write. I also finally finally fixed my KHX blog and even got started on my novelization. We under a foot of snow, so I'm home bound ATM. Also, Senran Kagura continues to fucking mystify me. Like, how you gonna throw a four out of five star difficulty mission at me in chapter two? And how is it gonna be easier than the one star mission that follows it?

How y'all doing today?

She had good music man, like I said that first album is classic as fuck.

Why Don't We Fall in Love
Talkin To Me
Nothing Like Lovin You
Can't Let Go
Got To Be There
I Just Died
Float
Show Me
All I Have

Shit song only had 11 tracks discounting the outro. 9 out of 11 is rare as fuck.

She did that herself when decided she didn't like herself. Her first album is a classic tho.

this is true

Talkin To Me
Nothing Like Lovin You
Can't Let Go
Got To Be There
I Just Died
Float
Show Me
All I Have

Shit song only had 11 tracks discounting the outro. 9 out of 11 is rare as fuck.

this is true also, I can play that album pretty much front to back

Don't sleep on her sophomore effort also, that album had bangers (including her biggest one)

akira28

Yeah, fuck a George Washington.

Oh, speaking of fucking a George Washington, is it true that the man died of pneumonia from a cold brought on by heading to the slave quarters for nookie in inclement weather?

would serve him right, I have never heard that story, but there are descendants of slaves who claim blood ties to GW himself.

Furyous

Selena Gomez poses topless in V magazine.

It's as creepy as you can expect. I deleted the page from my history.

........ NOOOOOOPEEEE (c) Lana. Keep all these 13 year old looking people the fuck out of magazines in anything resembling a grown woman poses or attire. We need to stop this phenomenon. It's not cool and damn sure not cute. No one thinks this is a good idea but them because the individuals in question due to an attempt to see more mature. Here's a fucking thought: ACT YOUR GODDAMN AGE. No clue what AE is referring to and I'm not looking. 'Scust at everyone involved promoting this fuckery. Insufficient daddying and to an extent, insufficient parenting is killing America. I'm appalled at this because this is taking away a spread from a grown model looking for publicity.

Jacir

This weather is killing me. We didn't migrate up north for this. We went for freedom and jobs. I need warm climate. A little more time here and then I heading straight to Texas.

Jacir

Happy B-day Blasian.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/npr-histor...9278/an-ancestor-of-youtube-selfies-and-vines

These short films are amazing. Footage from the 1940s showing regular people just doing stuff. Really interesting to see how even though almost everything about the setting has changed (fashion, architecture, industry etc.) human behavior remains very similar (in the following video in particular I like how you can see a kid goofing for the camera).

http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/hleewaters_rl10075bcam0003010/

I always like stuff like this. Shorpy.com is similar but with pictures.

Kreed

........ NOOOOOOPEEEE (c) Lana. Keep all these 13 year old looking people the fuck out of magazines in anything resembling a grown woman poses or attire. We need to stop this phenomenon. It's not cool and damn sure not cute. No one thinks this is a good idea but them because the individuals in question due to an attempt to see more mature. Here's a fucking thought: ACT YOUR GODDAMN AGE. No clue what AE is referring to and I'm not looking. 'Scust at everyone involved promoting this fuckery. Insufficient daddying and to an extent, insufficient parenting is killing America. I'm appalled at this because this is taking away a spread from a grown model looking for publicity.

The problem with these Nick/Disney girls is they were hired as teenagers on kid shows because they look like 10-11 year olds and they stay looking like that for years. Now they are 20+ and want to be adults but they still look the same. Like toy dogs that want to be intimidating.

JLynn

Me and my girl has been together for six months today. Since the city was shut down due to seven inches of snow we spent a good half of the day playing in the snow (She's from Cali, so she was all singing Frozen songs and shit.), and the other half playing Gears 1 and JSRHD.

Not bad a day IMO.

Shy

Me and my girl has been together for six months today. Since the city was shut down due to seven inches of snow we spent a good half of the day playing in the snow (She's from Cali, so she was all singing Frozen songs and shit.), and the other half playing Gears 1 and JSRHD.

Not bad a day IMO.
congrats on you anniversary fam.

Slayven

Not bad a day IMO.

when y'all going to have kids?

Malyse

Not bad a day IMO.
Frozen songs? Got a good one 😏

Shy

so.here's a question for you BCT.
is it just me, or has GAF gotten worse in the last 6 to 12 months with people justifying whitewashing e.g. Exodus, gits, etc. and similar topics.
didn't seem so bad back in the day.
And we have a winner
YAAAY .............. what did i win. ? lol
cool.

i can just hear it now though.
"you know. i don't what it is, but i can't seem to tale her seriously or relate to her."

royalan

Talkin To Me
Nothing Like Lovin You
Can't Let Go
Got To Be There
I Just Died
Float
Show Me
All I Have

Amerie got the best of Rich Harrison's production on her debut album, he would never top the work he did on that record
Mostly because he then sold his soul to the Illuminati and started working with Beyonce. Poor him...

Anyway, I submit that "Mourning Amerie" be added to the official BCT cycle. It happens often enough.

Amerie got the best of Rich Harrison's production on her debut album, he would never top the work he did on that record
Mostly because he then sold his soul to the Illuminati and started working with Beyonce. Poor him...

Anyway, I submit that "Mourning Amerie" be able to the official BCT cycle. It happens often enough.

Roy stay finding a way to throw some Beyonce shade in, lmao

And I do agree, we need to have the Amerie Memorial Service be instated as an official part of the BCT cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom